One Piece (Manga)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Damn what an entering of Whitebeard and all the other Pirates. So he has not only 1600 own people, he even has a lot of allies. But still he wasnt able to get to the One Piece ^^

I wonder why Garp saved Ace, after all he even said he wouldnt do it.
And now we know that Garp is Dadan.

Wow that chapter was so awesome. Amazing entrance by Whitebeard.I had a feeling Whitebeard would appear out of nowhere but to come underwater was quite cool. At the start of this arc i was thinking there was no way Ace was going to survive but after seeing those troops of pirates who are not even the main force but just allies, Ace's chances look pretty good.

I guess Luffy and Ace met each other when Garp threw Luffy into the jungle, so they probably survived the island together and became brothers from then onwards.

One really interesting thing was Whitebeard grooming Ace to become Pirate King, it may be foreshadowing Luffy vs Ace as the final fight.

On a side note, the Buggy messiah thing was LMAO

Overall this chapter was 9.5/10

This chapter was highly impressive, a highlight of One Piece in my opinion. I can live with Ace not being Luffy's blood relative, it's the bond between them that counts. But now Luffy got a strong rival for the title of next pirate king, his own brother.

Anyway, forces seem to be evenly matched, i wonder if we are in for some fights between the big guns of the One Piece world. There probably won't be enough room to show all of it in detail, unless this arc turns out to be hellishly long. So probably all hell will break lose till Luffy arrives, i'm sure that while all the big guns are busy he will be the one to free Ace. Not without fighting himself though. Will be interesting to see who his opponent will be, out of all the opposition assembled there.

I also get the feeling that the strawhat crew will show up and tip scales of this monsterous battle to come.

This chapter was not what i expected but i can appreciate the calm before the storm.

So Luffy knows about Ace but i expected as much. Luffy is just not the type of person to care or hold any importance to that type of info.

So "Ace of Spades" had a pirate crew before he joined whitebeard. The assassination attempts on Whitebeard was quite funny. Im guessing WB has a protective haki around him at all time, that why Ace was repelled.

But i guess now its onto the war, and Wb has an epic power of creating earthquakes. Who knew. In the anime WB seemed deep and intense but in this chapter he seems carefree.

Oh well, i cant wait. This war will decide the new world order.

Damn that was great to see how Ace ended up in Whitebeards Crew.
I woudnt have thought Whitebeard is a Fruit User.

So Luffy knows about that, Im surprised by that.

Thats Luffy for you. wonder if shanks is going to show up?

I see a lot of fodder fighting and matching up next chapter. Most likely Aokiji will freeze the water and the rest is up to chance.

Ah yes ive been waiting for this all week. Not alot of action from Whitebeard except for that funny moment where he played Aokiji like a puppet on a string. What was surprising is that it seems the squadron leaders are comparable in strength to a shichibukai/admiral. That means the WG have 12 powerhouses including the vice admirals and excluding Jinbei. Whilst WB pirates have 17 powerful leaders including whitebeard. This fight is just about even or slightly in favour of the WG since they have better haki users. And as Mihawk, Sentomaru and Raleigh showed, Haki>DF.

But then again Whitebeard has proven in the last two chapters that he is actually quite the tactician. So this wide open untill Luffy and co arrive.

I hope they dont break the battles into 1v1 like bleach. I want the bombardment to continue like in Impel down

kinda short because of the double pages, but a good chapter.

The WhiteBeard pirates are strong as hell. I really can't wait for Akainu to join the battle. So Diamond Jose stopped hawkeyes slash, not to surprised because zoro will be the one to defeat him, because of this

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jul 24 2009, 07:55 AM) Damn what an entering of Whitebeard and all the other Pirates. So he has not only 1600 own people, he even has a lot of allies. But still he wasnt able to get to the One Piece ^^

I wonder why Garp saved Ace, after all he even said he wouldnt do it.
And now we know that Garp is Dadan.
He doesn't want to become the next pirate king. He put all his hopes and dreams onto Ace.

So the Diamond Fruit is away too but I wonder what Marco has.
Cant really categorize Blue Flames into anything, maybe its some Poisn or Sulfur or something.

I doubt that all the WB-Commanders are that powerful but its good that at least a few of them are. And its good to see Whitebeard breaking the air again ^^

@franzoir: I dont think you can always say that Haki is stronger than DF. Its the user thats important.
Cant remember Mihawk showing somethin like Haki, only Swordskill and Sentomaru wont count too, because there is a huge difference between a Logia User and a Zoan or Paramecia User.
But, of course, if I would be in One Piece I would lern both Haki and a Devilfruit ^^ (at best wie the Kaze Kaze no Mi, which Im still waiting for)

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Aug 07 2009, 06:39 AM)So the Diamond Fruit is away too but I wonder what Marco has.
Cant really categorize Blue Flames into anything, maybe its some Poisn or Sulfur or something.

I have an idea of Marco's abililties. We all know that Ace already has the fire logia yet Marco was shown with blue fire. Look closely at the shadowed out figure of Marco on this page. Look at his shape. He looks like he's reverting back from/turning into something. I think that Marco might have an ancient zoan type devil fruit power of the Phoenix or Dragon which also allows him to produce the blue flames as well.

QUOTE I doubt that all the WB-Commanders are that powerful but its good that at least a few of them are. And its good to see Whitebeard breaking the air again ^^

As i said, WG have a slight advantage.

QUOTE @franzoir: I dont think you can always say that Haki is stronger than DF. Its the user thats important.
Cant remember Mihawk showing somethin like Haki, only Swordskill and Sentomaru wont count too, because there is a huge difference between a Logia User and a Zoan or Paramecia User.

The user is important but anyone who uses haki is extremely skilled. It goes without saying. Although nothing has been confirmed its obviously implied that Mihawk imbues his sword with haki like Raleigh, Sentomaru and the Amazon girls. He wouldnt of been able to fight Shanks evenly without it.

If Sentoumaru doesnt count, what about Raleigh, who defended against Kizaru who possesses one of the strongest logia type seen so far, with haki alone. Only reason he didnt win was because of his age/fight got interrupted.

All in all, can't wait for the fight to heat up and wondering what luffy will do when he reach there?!

Excitment!!

So many things going on, this is how a war should be.

Akainu finally demonstrates some ability. I would guess he is a paremecia type similar to Megellan except he produces a lava substance.

Everytime i think the WG definitely has the advantage WB always has a trumph card to play. I still think the WG have the advantage but im putting my money on WB side to win simply because he has so many tricks up his sleeve like Oars.

I only see WG winning if they unleash a new Dr Vegas weapon which finishes the war in one strike.

did i not call it? or what! about Marco ability. Phoenix

Now this is how a real live epic war battle scene should be. Everyone free for all. No real battle pairing stuff just everyone in the mix. it would have been much more epic if Mihawk sliced up the iceburg instead of Akainu dealing with it .

A side from it being a short chapter, overall 8/10

QUOTE (masterkai @ Aug 20 2009, 10:48 AM) did i not call it? or what1! about Marco ability. Phonix

I do recall someone saying that it was a dragon or some type of mythical beast couldnt remember who. Good call.

Imagine what he would be able to do if he swallowed a rumble ball. Anyway its just seems like a upgraded beast version of Ace meru meru fruit. I guess thats the difference between being no1 and no 2 division leader.

So now the Shichibukai joined in.
It was great to see Hancock fighting. Her ability is great too, its not limited to seeing something its enough to touch something to turn it in stone. And her beeing all arrogant against the marines was great too.

Seems like Doflamingo is more than just a pupeteer, after all he cut off Oars leg pretty easily, after Oars was almost brought down by just one attack of Kuma.

And did they change the tatoo on Aces back? If I remember correctly there was a swastika instead of a cross, at least in the manga.

Wow, this just goes to show how powerful the shichibukais are. Oars got taken down in one chapter. Size is not always the best thing. Your just a bigger target in a large scale war. I dont see much hope for WB anymore. The WG just have too many resources at their disposal.

It will be really interesting to see how this will end. I reckon that Whitebeard is going to take down a few vice admirals and maybe shichibukais but will get ganged up on and eventually die. This will lead Ace to become the new chief and commander and an obligation to become the new Pirate King. Obviously tipping a final fight between Luffy and Ace.

This probably wont happen because Oda is full of surprises but at this moment in time i think the above is very likely.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back