One Piece (Manga)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Well all I can say is "elephant gun" is a 1hit KO move. Giganto pistol almost ended the fight between Lucci and Luffy. Now compare that to elephant gun, I dont think anybody in the one piece universe can withstand a direct hit from that. You also have to realise that the move was weakened by the sea. Its only weakness is that it takes a long time to prepare. Madness really.

Anyway Usopp was the man of the chapter. His reaction and pleading to Luffy and Zoro not to do something silly was priceless.

I hope Karibou learnt a lesson. Do you really want to mess about with these crazy people? Loved his reaction at Zoro.

As for everybody displaying their power, besides luffy I was most impressed by Robin and Sanji. I mean Sanji had crazy speed underwater. That was pretty ridiculous. I wonder how fast he would be on dry land.

So instead of the other pirates Oda used the Kraken to show a bit of everyones new power. You could say everything got bigger. Robin can make her hands etc bigger just like Luffy, Luffy could alwasy make himself bigger and now even more and Chopper did get rediciulous huge as well.
So we now saw a bit of everyone (Usopp and Nami was already shown on Sabody). Ok except Brook. Or at least I cant remember having seen something of Brook already ^^

3D anime? how the hell do they do that? i mean anime is 2D.....

anyway at that depth. if sanji shoot out of the buble wont he be crush by the pressure?

QUOTE (askara @ Nov 26 2010, 04:03 AM) anyway at that depth. if sanji shoot out of the buble wont he be crush by the pressure?
He did "blue walk" before they sunk to 7000 meters underwater. Eitherway, I wouldnt be surprised if any pressure felt was negated due to the ridiculous speed he was travelling at.

If he can walk across water, I doubt pressure would even have time to affect him.

New chapter out.

Finally at fishman island, since they all split its been a two years (in real time) delay. To get here.

Cant wait to see what Oda has planned for this monumental arc.

I just know Usopp is hiding a df ability. Something like being able to produce plants would be a useless ability befitting him, if you ask me.

Hell no. I would never say producing plants is useless. With that you have infinite possibilitys. And since Usoppy is an inventor he can create a lot of things with that. I dont know if Haki can control plants too, but if not then Usopp could be even a match to Luffy if he does it right.

usopp didt not say "plant plant no..." so that may not be df. but if not df i cant imagine how he done it.

usopp can never match Luffy tho. i mean he have to stay useless to be a comic relief character. i cant imagine a cool usopp saving the day and give out a speech.

Lol, jeez this is like Amazon lily all over again.

Man of the chapter was Sanji. By all accounts he should be dead. His facial expressions was priceless. Is that the look of man who has attained true happiness? It was better than his first encounter with a mermaid in water 7.

If this is really the All Blue then I am glad one of the crew members fulfilled their dreams.

I think I am now obsessed with Usopp. Ive been looking for any hint of a df power. When they all got submerged in water, all the df User where unconscious and Usopp back was turn so you could not see his face. I think he was sinking like a hammer. I just know he is hiding a df ability.

Anyway, I wonder who the NFP boss is? It cant be Arlong.

Finally its Fishman Island. And there really are a lot of beautiful mermaids. Even Keimi got suprisingly hot compared to the last time we saw her.

Hmm if this is All-Blue I dont really know. It could be since there are defenitely many fish youre not gonna see somewhere else.

I wouldnt be so sure that it isnt Arlong. I mean if I remember correctly achi said he was in Impel Down so it wouldnt be a surprise if he escaped when Luffy escaped and two years are enough to build a new crew in Fishmen Island.

And I dont think anymore that Usopp is a DF-User since, like Askara already said, he isnt saying something like "plant plant no ..". It seems just to be seeds he can make grow pretty quickly.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Dec 15 2010, 02:00 PM) And I dont think anymore that Usopp is a DF-User since, like Askara already said, he isnt saying something like "plant plant no ..". It seems just to be seeds he can make grow pretty quickly.
Gomu gomu no... is more of a Luffy thing. I dont remember whitebeard calling out gura-gura no? Nor Marco, infact there is an endless list of people who dont shout out there df ability before they use it.

Its more of a Luffy thing since the emphasis is usually on him. Plus each time Ussopp has used plant based attacks, the emphasis was not on him. There hasnt been a manga panel yet showing Usopp loading his slingshot. He just does his attack when no one is watching. Im still holding out until I see Usopp in a one on one fight.

Youre right Whitebeard never did that. And a lot of other people neither. Seems Ive heard it to many times from Luffy so that I think its normal ^^ And a few other peopls say it to like Hancock or that Filler-fox.

I dont think usopp has a DF ability. In the older chapters the guy Usopp was on the same island as (Heracle i think) could produce trees as well.

Not at as bad as the "thousand serena." I may be a a retarded One Piece fanboy but even I wouldnt buy that car.

Cant blame Jump wanting to roll out the red carpet for their jewel in the crown. In a time where media circulation is generally low, to have a franchise that doubled its annual sales from 2009 to 2010 is complete madness.

Its obviously a marketing ploy to bolster sales. Since Japan goes gaga for One Piece surely having it "take over" other syndicates would improve sales. From a consumer perspective it may be a bit much, but from a business perspective, it is completely logical. I sometimes wonder what Jump would do if one of the big three disappeared. Though, Im sure they would be able to milk it like drangoball.

I also wonder, given One Piece sale statistics surely it should be in fourth place for Jump's highest selling mangas of all time behind dragonball.

Edit: According to Oricon One Piece is jump highest selling manga of all time since 2008. Not surprised since that is when the Sabaody Archipelago started.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Dec 22 2010, 10:14 PM) I sometimes wonder what Jump would do if one of the big three disappeared. Though, Im sure they would be able to milk it like drangoball.
I dunno about that, i think when OP eventualy ends, althlough to be fair i dont think there will be an ending, since i think if and when Luffy because King it will carry on with him as the King.

But i think they could cope with out Bleach or Naruto maybe even a combination of the 2, since i think their popularity is total drawfed by OP. I mean when it sells as well as it does, Naruto and Bleach dont have that kinda of pulling power, sure volume sales for the 2 indicate that they do well, but nothing on OP. Everyime i look at the weekly sales chart if OP is released its always number 1, there have only been a few times that ive seen it not number 1, a few times during the release of Shaman King Kang Zeng Bang, and when something like Berserk, or Nana or something like that relerase, but they are few and far between.

If and when Naruto and Bleach go, there will jsut be another fad/series to take their places, be that a current series like Reborn or a new series. OP will be very hard to replace, just for the sheer popularity alone never mind sales of the manga and merchandise.

Are all these magazines anime/manga related or are some of them reality based too? If yes than its a really strange move ^^ If they are all anime/manga based than "wow" for this lineup. And we here in germany have only one magazine for that -.- (at least I only know one ^^)

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Dec 24 2010, 12:20 AM) Are all these magazines anime/manga related or are some of them reality based too? If yes than its a really strange move ^^ If they are all anime/manga based than "wow" for this lineup. And we here in germany have only one magazine for that -.- (at least I only know one ^^)
All magazines Sheishusha (sp?) produce so regardless of an anime or manga relation. If they publish it, it will get One Pieced
tongue.gif

I must say Im totally not hyped anymore about One Piece. Somehow its just wrong right now but I dont know why. Its just so slow and somehow nothing really happens.
Maybe its just because the arc before was so great that I cant really enjoy the one now.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jan 12 2011, 11:44 PM) I must say Im totally not hyped anymore about One Piece. Somehow its just wrong right now but I dont know why. Its just so slow and somehow nothing really happens.
Maybe its just because the arc before was so great that I cant really enjoy the one now.
Thats what it probbably is, that and it seems to be more of the same kinda thing. Im hoping it picks up but im actualy not interested how Luffy destroys the Island or whatever right now *sigh*

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back