Posting and Spamming

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Angel453455 @ Nov 15 2006, 08:40 AM) pssst....

does making joke in a thread about like opinions and the stuff a spam?

like if i'm posting in the bleach thread and said something like ichigo will have boobs in episode 110? is it considered a spam?

cause it maybe something to inspire the posters??? or something XD
Well...I guess as long as it has at least minimal 'relation' to the thread topic, it wouldn't be count as a spam, but it's something utterly stupid, the mods would help themselves to edit/move/remove your post anyway. I guess it's all down to the perception of the mods in the end. Nonetheless, people should be make sure they post sensibly in the first place.

And yes...saying something like Ichigo will have boobs in episode 110 would be stupid...unless you got evident to support you statement...or if it's meant as a joke, at least post an edited picture of Ichigo with boobs lmao
biggrin.gif

wink.gif
spamming is a problem ain't it yes it is true though that i myself was once a spammer when i was 12... lol i didn't know what i was doing back then all i knew was that i was having fun and i didn't care.
but now i do so..... (BLAH)
tongue.gif
spam should be considered out-lawed in all countrys lol if that can happen you could get a fine for 100$ just for one spam mark hahaha! oh, wow that would be one messed up world.

QUOTE (Jamjum @ Nov 23 2006, 04:28 AM) but now i do so..... (BLAH)
tongue.gif
spam should be considered out-lawed in all countrys lol if that can happen you could get a fine for 100$ just for one spam mark hahaha! oh, wow that would be one messed up world.
Try imagine in real-life...saying 'I am so pretty/sexy' 3 times in a row in the public and get stopped by the police and get fined $100 for it...
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jamjum @ Nov 23 2006, 06:28 AM) spam should be considered out-lawed in all countrys lol
There are now laws against commercial spam e-mail in Canada and the US. (but it is a tricky law and rather hard to apply). I also believe I heard the European Union was working on something as well.

Spam on forums ... well that can never be illegal! Because it is up to the people in charge to judge the level of appropriateness of each posts.

QUOTE (Angel453455 @ Nov 15 2006, 10:40 AM)does making joke in a thread about like opinions and the stuff a spam? Of course jokes are allowed!! But if you post a totally unrelated joke every time someone post something, then it will get annoying. Use your head.

Hmm..how do you alert the government of the spam mail because I seem to get hundreds of them [commercial] on a daily basis. I wonder why as I've never used that particular email in my life [unless a spurned lover probably gave it out to a site just to get back at me
rolleyes.gif
]

How many of you guys think I'm a "spammer"................I actually don't think I am but others have said my ways of making new threads were "A classic and unique way of spamming"..............not sure if I should be proud of it..........but I did end up finishing and completing most of the new threads I made. Just want to state..........I won't do anything to harm this site in any way...........just glad to be a member of it..............yeah, I'm pretty damn clueless..............about this spamming thing.....but I guess I know what is "annoying, offensive, unnnecessary" posting..........I guess...usually I'm a good guy..........no really..I'm a good guy.....not a bad guy...or am I ???????.....just kidding
laugh.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 05 2007, 10:34 AM) How many of you guys think I'm a "spammer"................I actually don't think I am but others have said my ways of making new threads were "A classic and unique way of spamming"..............not sure if I should be proud of it..........but I did end up finishing and completing most of the new threads I made. Just want to state..........I won't do anything to harm this site in any way...........just glad to be a member of it..............yeah, I'm pretty damn clueless..............about this spamming thing.....but I guess I know what is "annoying, offensive, unnnecessary" posting..........I guess...usually I'm a good guy..........no really..I'm a good guy.....not a bad guy...or am I ???????.....just kidding
laugh.gif

I've heard you got the reputation of 70 posts a day.. Your regular has been around the 40's daily.. I don't tend to encounter much of your posts in the areas I roam in nor have I stated that you are a spammer.. My only comment is.. "You got too much time on your hands.. "
tongue.gif

As I've told w6.. Your "new way of spamming" with thread creating is absolutely outrageous.. But I like your mentallity.. Rest assured.. I don't think your posts are offensive.. Yet.. Of course.. My vote is null for now.. Let's see what others think about this and conclude on whether you should cut short on some things or not aight?..
wink.gif

What makes it more like spam is creating the threads ahead of time just to "make it first". Especially when you don't know about the anime, and it ends up being a thread the mods delete. It's fine to make new threads, but don't turn it into a posting war. It doesn't matter who makes the thread first. If you're going to post, have the information ready at the time of posting and don't flood the forum all at once. A lot of the new animes have a good month until they start still, so the threads could've been introduced gradually as interest was sparked.

That's my thoughts anyway.

QUOTE (xcouger @ Mar 05 2007, 09:12 PM) I've heard you got the reputation of 70 posts a day.. Your regular has been around the 40's daily.. I don't tend to encounter much of your posts in the areas I roam in nor have I stated that you are a spammer.. My only comment is.. "You got too much time on your hands.. "
tongue.gif

As I've told w6.. Your "new way of spamming" with thread creating is absolutely outrageous.. But I like your mentallity.. Rest assured.. I don't think your posts are offensive.. Yet.. Of course.. My vote is null for now.. Let's see what others think about this and conclude on whether you should cut short on some things or not aight?..
wink.gif

that`s pretty close to what mine used to be... for i am still the true king of spam , jsut look at my title ^^

I don't know where else to post this so here goes...

What's the meaning of GQPhdFBI exactly? Googled it already and no meaning came out.

QUOTE (khael @ Jun 16 2008, 03:17 PM)What's the meaning of GQPhdFBI exactly? Googled it already and no meaning came out.
Where did you find this word? Cause if you found it here then it's probably a spam post!
ph34r.gif
To me GQPhdFBI means nothing! Even if it meant something it is generally frowned upon to use abbreviations especially if it's terms to things most people don't know about. Saying that if we split the word up, it becomes:

GQ - Phd - FBI . Which makes more sense. Still can't fathom what GQ means... Hmmm maybe it means great quality?
huh.gif
Who knows...

If the word is in this forum can you please quote the whole post. Perhaps it will make more sense when taken into context.

Maybe it's just something random without a meaning?
like, if I'm agitated or something like that and I'd go typ something random like:

OMG!! aarrhggg!! ASDfnOinYhthihp983y5p98y4mn934h547h5~~!!
mad.gif

QUOTE (khael @ Jun 16 2008, 06:17 AM) I don't know where else to post this so here goes...

What's the meaning of GQPhdFBI exactly? Googled it already and no meaning came out.
A better question is where did you even find this?

as Noshi said, it may just be someone typing random stuff. You'll see a lot of it elsewhere on the interne, but probably not around here.

mostly I've seen is the common "asdf."

QUOTE (ultima2096 @ May 05 2008, 11:14 PM)something for noobs to watch before they post ^^

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
I know super late reply, but I would love that to be in the "rules", or like just the video as the rules lol. I know its not all of them by far, but its just soo funny it might actually make people read them and keep to them.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back