Posting and Spamming

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
my Avatar is not ecchi, it's MKK2004. That's all

QUOTE (^_^mike^_^ @ Apr 22 2006, 07:52 PM) does repeating the same word 5 times count as spamming ie blah blah blah blah blah
o r making 5 separate posts each with the word
blah

blah

blah

blah

blah
One word answer YES

And that last post of yours was a spam as well and making multiple posts is also spam. Use the edit button.

a few posts deleted.

you should be able to figure out what spamming is. i'm usually pretty liberal about it, but if you say something pointless in the posting and spamming thread, i'll definitely delete it.

QUOTE (xcouger @ Apr 21 2006, 10:50 PM) wouldn't asking ecchi what anime on his signature be some kind of spam?... That is why you PM (Personal Message) them if you have some kind of off topic question... sorry to break it to you Gon...
wink.gif
Spamming is in fact pointless if you have the option of being able to message someone in private or edit your posts if you made mistakes of some sort... I'll report in any spamming I find and not commit this forbidden law myself to my full extent...
laugh.gif

like i said before im new and havent got a clue, dosnt spamming mean being nasty or something like that, the anime looked good i just wanted to know what it was

QUOTE (Gon @ Apr 23 2006, 05:52 PM) dosnt spamming mean being nasty or something like that
Spamming is any posts that is off-topic, useless, does not add to the discussion, etc. In other words, its the kind of post if you saw them in a week, you would simply skip.

For instance, a post saying only "yes", "I agree", "turhj rhfy|", "I want one" are all example of spams. Nasty posts are what is refered as offensive posts. They are also against the rules.

Finally, don't worry too much. We don't bite you at the first mis-step. Everyone is entitled to a few mistake. Just use your head and be friendly and there won't be any problems
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bold @ Apr 23 2006, 04:24 PM) Finally, don't worry too much. We don't bite you at the first mis-step. Everyone is entitled to a few mistake. Just use your head and be friendly and there won't be any problems
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

how about more than one mis-step like me?
unsure.gif

QUOTE (Bold @ Apr 23 2006, 04:24 PM) Finally, don't worry too much. We don't bite you at the first mis-step. Everyone is entitled to a few mistake. Just use your head and be friendly and there won't be any problems
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

wots a mis-step?is that copying wot sum1 last sed?

And the last 3 posts were spam not adding anything meaningfull information.

So this will stop now.

hey bold the last two post were not spam...
dry.gif
its because i just answered a question a member was asking... is that also considered as a spam?

mkk is right, this is ridiculous. people of the internet, i give you two resources: wikipedia and google. use them please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamming#News..._and_Forum_spam

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=forum...G=Google+Search

the purpose of this thread is to tell people not to spam. if you have a question, search google or wikipedia. if you can't find your answer, PM a moderator and we'll do our best to find an answer. also feel free to PM one of us if you believe someone is spamming excessively. this thread is closed for now.

Lets give this thread a second chance.

Remember, it is to report people that are spamming and to ask a moderator to check it out. It is also to discuss spam and what is accepted or not.

QUOTE (Bold @ May 13 2006, 12:22 PM) Lets give this thread a second chance.

Remember, it is to report people that are spamming and to ask a moderator to check it out. This is not to spam!!
curiosity question: shouldn't we kinda merge this thread with the "spam is on the rise!" thread since that thread seems to b turning out actually what the purpose of this thread was meant to b and b/c they r kinda the same topic?

I know this thread is for the well being of the entire community, but... I think lots of ppl will report spam just to enjoy the feeling of: "Mommy mommy, he has done this and that!!!!"

QUOTE (warita200 @ Sep 24 2006, 06:59 AM)I know this thread is for the well being of the entire community, but... I think lots of ppl will report spam just to enjoy the feeling of: "Mommy mommy, he has done this and that!!!!"
And if that were to happen, a mod would tell the person to stop it. If the person does not, actions would be taken to deal with it.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jun 29 2006, 12:21 PM) curiosity question: shouldn't we kinda merge this thread with the "spam is on the rise!" thread since that thread seems to b turning out actually what the purpose of this thread was meant to b and b/c they r kinda the same topic?That post was made before the "spam on the rise" in theother section. It was also made during a time where a few people started to have fun spamming this thread with posts that were totally useless (most of the have since been deleted). The one advantage of this one is that it is in the general section, so people see it more.

This thread was also first intented to also discuss spam or ask questions, for example "are we allowed to use the forums as chat room?". So I will edit my post up there.

QUOTE (Bold @ Sep 24 2006, 09:24 AM) That post was made before the "spam on the rise" in theother section. It was also made during a time where a few people started to have fun spamming this thread with posts that were totally useless (most of the have since been deleted). The one advantage of this one is that it is in the general section, so people see it more.

This thread was also first intented to also discuss spam or ask questions, for example "are we allowed to use the forums as chat room?". So I will edit my post up there.
Did you really have to answer that -__-;; My post was like 3 months ago! LOL Anyways I kinda figured that answer out about 1.5 months ago after thinking about it a bit.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Sep 24 2006, 10:21 AM)Did you really have to answer that -__-;; My post was like 3 months ago! LOL Anyways I kinda figured that answer out about 1.5 months ago after thinking about it a bit.
3 months
huh.gif
Well, I guess I should not answer posts 10 minutes after getting out of bed!
tongue.gif

pssst....

does making joke in a thread about like opinions and the stuff a spam?

like if i'm posting in the bleach thread and said something like ichigo will have boobs in episode 110? is it considered a spam?

cause it maybe something to inspire the posters??? or something XD

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back