Rewrite 2nd Season: Moon-hen / Terra-hen

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
A new key novel?? I hope it is worth watching
smile.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Sep 27 2015, 08:34 PM) A new key novel?? I hope it is worth watching
smile.gif
Well the Visual Novel is definitely worth playing. Absolutely beautiful game. So I'm excited for this, though I know a few people aren't down on the studio doing it though. Personally I never saw the Grisisia adaption so I can't comment what it was like in relation to the VN, but I adore Rewrite, so an anime adaption at least gets me hyped.

Title: Rewrite
Japanese: リライト
Airing date: 2/7/2016 (TV series 13 episodes)
Genres: Action, Comedy, Romance, Fantasy, School, Harem?
Developer: Key (visual novel)
Original scenario: Romeo Tanaka, Ryukishi07 and Yūto Tonokawa
Original character designer: Itaru Hinoue (Visual Art's/Key)
Director and series composition by: Tensho
Written by: Romeo Tanaka and KAI (Visual Art's)
Music by: Shinji Orito, Maiko Iuchi, Satoshi Hosoi, Ryō Mizutsuki and Jun Maeda
Character designer and chief animation director: Masayuki Nonaka
CGI director: Masato Takahashi
Director of photography: Katsuhito Ogawa
Art director: Kazuhiro Inoue
Art design by: Yoshinori Shiozawa
Background art by: Yoshinori Shiozawa
Color design by: Tomomi Murakami
Scenario by: Takashi Aoshima and Tatsuya Takahashi
Editing by: Mutsumi Takemiya
Producer: Yosuke Toba (Aniplex)
Studio: 8-Bit
Network: Tokyo MX, GTV, GYT, MBS, BS11
Opening Theme: "Philosophyz" by Runa Mizutani of NanosizeMir
Ending theme: "Sayaka na Hajimari (ささやかなはじまり / A Modest Beginning)" by Runa Mizutani of NanosizeMir

Main cast: Kotori Kanbe (神戸小鳥) voiced by Chiwa Saitō
Chihaya Ohtori (鳳ちはや) voiced by Saya Shinomiya

Akane Senri (千里朱音) voiced by Eri Kitamura
Shizuru Nakatsu (中津静流) voiced by Keiko Suzuki

Lucia Konohana (此花ルチア) voiced by Risa Asaki
Kagari (篝) voiced by Kana Hanazawa
Kotarō Tennōji (天王寺瑚太朗) voiced by Masakazu Morita
Supporting cast: Haruhiko Yoshino (吉野 晴彦) voiced by Junichi Yanagita
Tōka Nishikujō (西九条 灯花) voiced by Ryōko Tanaka
Tv series PVs:
KEYVA LN HP:

Synopsis:
Kazamatsuri, a modern, well-developed city renowned for its burgeoning greenery and rich Japanese culture, is home to Kotarou Tennouji, a high schooler least privy to the place's shared values. Content to fill his pockets with frivolity, the proud and nosey boy whiles away his time pestering the self-proclaimed delinquent Haruhiko, and indulging in his amorous feelings toward the oddball Kotori. Equipped with the superhuman ability to permanently rewrite any part of his body to multiply his strength or speed, Kotarou is naturally drawn to the supernatural. One special meeting with the lone member and president of the Occult Research Club, the "Witch" Akane Senri, leads to Kotarou reviving the Occult Club by recruiting Kotori and three other members: the clumsy transfer student Chihaya, the strict class representative Lucia, and the unassuming Shizuru. As Kotarou unveils hidden secrets of each member of the Occult Club through their shared adventures, he will inevitably encounter a fate that only he might be able to rewrite.

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Sep 28 2015, 12:04 PM)the Visual Novel is definitely worth playing. Absolutely beautiful game. So I'm excited for this, though I know a few people aren't down on the studio doing it though. Personally I never saw the Grisisia adaption so I can't comment what it was like in relation to the VN, but I adore Rewrite, so an anime adaption at least gets me hyped.well Im not so sure to keep watching, yet its 1-hour premiere looks promising
smile.gif

Well, the pedigree from Key sure makes you want to give it a look, even if the format is most always the same.... though the various plotlines could be explained in some of them in a visual linear manner if they just utilized a hyperdimensional aspect of temporal insertion/shift/change in the s/t program we call life...
cool.gif
needless to say, I thought of this after watching a few of them... good use of emotion to trigger the empathy for the characters, even if some of the 'pain' doesn't really show on their faces.. but that's something that happens more often as the character advances through their life still dealing with the affects of those events/experiences of their childhood.

'Markers', that's what they've been called... key points in our life.... the major experiences that form bias that makes us choose how to view them in terms of 'good' vs 'bad'... later choices add together to form the path of our life.. the 'Great Way' in Tarot.... the Way of the Fool etc...

rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
Oh well, even still, their product has a good record of success on most fronts. Have to take a look at it after a few eps are out.

I pretty much slept through the introduction and fast-forwarded through the exposition dump.

It looks like the original may have some merit but the adaptation manages to hit every pitfall of a VN adaptation. The result looks like pure otaku bait more concerned with shoehorning every bland character stereotype in existence than actual good storytelling.

Hmm, i didn't find the first episode as good as i hoped. It had some good points but somehow it lacked the strong story of previous key adaptations. Hopefully it gets better.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jul 06 2016, 02:20 PM)Hmm, i didn't find the first episode as good as i hoped. It had some good points but somehow it lacked the strong story of previous key adaptations. Hopefully it gets better.
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jul 05 2016, 04:45 AM)It looks like the original may have some merit but the adaptation manages to hit every pitfall of a VN adaptation. The result looks like pure otaku bait more concerned with shoehorning every bland character stereotype in existence than actual good storytelling.it's been a while Ausdo did you watch Jojo Part 4, Monogatari FS or Sailor Moon CS3? good to see you posting lately... then guys try Planetarian :0 Another Key VN adaptation airing this summer, back to ep'2 the witch' made it more lively
tongue.gif

Episode 2 was better. The witch is a good character with her explanations why she is in the occult club. Also the girl with the red ribbons became a bit more interesting in her actions. Why does she not follow up on some things? Also Kotori's gazing outside made a strange scene..

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jul 10 2016, 1:30 PM)the occult club. Also the girl with the red ribbons became a bit more interesting in her actions. Why does she not follow up on some things? Also Kotori's gazing outside made a strange scene..yup looks like she can only sense that loli ghost's presence, but ep.3 became more serious after hunting the tsuchinoko... a mysterious woman fishing it and Chihaya's brother joins her club, did he save Kotaro while using rewrite powers?
huh.gif

Hmm, it does get a bit weirder with the new characters. Why was that guy with that wolf creature chasing the ghost? And what was that woman doing? It seems that there are other people interested in all the strange things in the city..

THis is why i like to wait a few eps... some of these projects need time to get in gear... maybe too faithful adapt to the VNs startup?

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jul 18 2016, 12:30 PM)Hmm, it does get a bit weirder with the new characters. Why was that guy with that wolf creature chasing the ghost? And what was that woman doing? It seems that there are other people interested in all the strange things in the city..Especially the antique shop owner with tourette syndrome xD still, interesting Ep.4 focused on Shizuru's past... revealing why she has an eyepatch aside healing or memory erasure powers, but now the ghost bites Kotaro in daytime
laugh.gif

Saw the first 4 eps... a lot of the usual stuff well packaged together I think, some of the usual fan service bs, though not in excess it seems as the characters and storyline evolve more... and that fan service could be done much better, most of this stuff seems like elementary school level for boys... maybe the staff needs a few females on the writing team... it really doesn't take much to 'fix' this stuff to make it work within the confines of the story and characters... Oh well... a sign of impending mediocrity usually.
rolleyes.gif
They should read about the ole Hollywood studio era and how the writers would use different means to insert this stuff and still get it by the censors... it's simply more creative to do so... more challenging, but then this is a sign of the times.. the same crap is found in most pop music here in the States... in your face style... no innuendo, no symbols, just blantant passion on a juvenile level.... but I'm showing my age... as this process has been ongoing every decade... the slow creep of idiocracy, complacency... the zombification of the nation and its peoples.

Oh well....
tongue.gif
It is what it is... and all that said, this harem setup isn't obvious, but then most Key work doesn't use the typical harem style do they? The females always seem stronger than the males, another sign of the times... same tendency in most music as well here in the States. The MC's 'power' is interesting and the creators of this story is slowing revealing its nature to us, a good thing, amidst all the usual plot lines, comic bits, fan service and whatnot. The females all seems to be displaying some power... which reminds me of various shows over the past couple of decades.. that superman in high school tv show from WB back in the 90s... everyone ended up being affected by the comet/asteroid that hit the town, so they all get their own episode to display them... and that seems to be the situation here, but this visual romance novel/game from Key seems to use this technique all the time in all their works, so no surprise... I just haven't heard of it before... but it's easy to see how effective they are in exploiting the emotional triggers in the audience... if only they'd clean up the world setup, the fan service etc... this was a complaint with 'Charlotte' last year as well from what I read. In book publishing, the writers are assigned an editor to oversee and look over their stuff, suggest cleanups etc.... and that seems missing here in all Key projects... but like any Hallmark Channel movie that keeps using the same plotlines over and over, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it applies", and the entertainment industry is always content to keep pushing product with a proven track record before trying anything new..... same in politics, and everything else it seems.... it becomes dogma and like in science, nearly impossible to change, until the new becomes the old over decades of the oblivious becoming obvious.

The similarities in the storylines are what draws the audience in and becomes their constant complaint, same with any relationship.
cool.gif
I can now see where all the complaints from 'Charlotte' were coming from.. Key's fans... they love it, but want it to improve each time, which is rare in any line of work, past high school, life doesn't change much for most people, which is why these escapist fantasies work so well.. a distraction from the daily BS... pushing the drug of disassociation.
ph34r.gif

I don't watch a lot of this stuff, so it's pretty good overall and seems to be getting better as it nears the revelation of what's really going on in town... the usual Key storyline, but then that's the usual story development in most works, and Key is rather good at this stuff, it is their specialty afterall. So, each character will get their 'reveal' episode, and then the city reveal etc. Seen most of these character types before in X-Men, but then that's a Key thing recently as well, from what I read... the superpower thing added to their usual mix.... and IMO, it works.... and "if it ain't broke..."
biggrin.gif

PS.... reading the wikipedia entry.... interesting mix of the usual storylines, as these have all entered rather esoteric territory in the last decade or two.... the merging of dimensions, the 're-evolution'... wasn't that in one of those ole Brit stories about Narnia? the lion essentially resets the world. Lots of hyperdimensional aspects of negative vs positive polarities present here in the two competing secret societies in town, and from the games end conclusion, it seems even the 3rd demensional aspects of ice age et al are included... tree of life etc... even aspects of the moon/earth energy exchange are included, even though the wiki writeup makes it seem incorrect, at least it's mentioned there, and those that know will understand... this is a kids story afterall, it's interesting to see it all included, most of which will just go over/under the audience's head without any thought whatsoever.... and most likely, from what I understand, the heads of the Key team as well... interesting... not that all the game aspects will make it on screen, we'll soon see. This aspect of Key's work is making progress.

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Aug 01 2016, 11:57 AM)I don't watch a lot of this stuff, so it's pretty good overall and seems to be getting better as it nears the revelation of what's really going on in town... the usual Key storyline, but then that's the usual story development in most works, and Key is rather good at this stuff, it is their specialty afterall. So, each character will get their 'reveal' episode, and then the city reveal etc. Seen most of these character types beforeindeed but for me #5 became darker than previously, about the class rep Lucia showing who she really was and her curse... Also more revelations making that plot more interesting, a story with direction but Charlotte ep.1 didn't hook me
tongue.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Aug 02 2016, 02:15 AM)indeed but for me #5 became darker than previously, about the class rep Lucia showing who she really was and her curse... Also more revelations making that plot more interesting, a story with direction but Charlotte ep.1 didn't hook me

Indeed episode 5 was way darker. It seems that we get a background story on all the characters in the club. The girl with the red ribbons probably will be last. I must say that i am curious about Kotori. Why is she alone? And what is wrong with her? All people seems to have something special so that witch is actually pretty smart as her group now actually has occult persons.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Aug 02 2016, 01:46 PM)girl with the red ribbons probably will be last. I must say that i am curious about Kotori. Why is she alone? And what is wrong with her? All people seems to have something special so that witch is actually pretty smart as her group now actually has occult persons.Also at first ep.6 was like just about solving funny cases, as they usually do but later got serious again finding that ghost... still i wonder if the witch is with Gaia organization, Guardian's foe or if she killed Inoue for going to polluted forest?
ohmy.gif

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Aug 02 2016, 01:46 PM)It seems that we get a background story on all the characters in the club. The girl with the red ribbonswell even without their club ep.7 was lively now that she speaks, not a spirit so i think invisibility is one of her powers... also Inoue is alive and has amnesia :/ I wonder if Kagari is the so-called 'key' (pun), or Kotori by this cliffhanger?
ph34r.gif

Ok, I keep getting this one confused with Taboo Tattoo... so many of these are so much alike! In this case, I'm really only interested in how they end it... do they do anything 'special' with the final rewrite of the world? I'm not really into the whole 'harem' thing... all of the characters look and act so much alike, that I can't remember which is which, but it doesn't matter, does it?
laugh.gif

Like the basic dystopian world setup, these kids with special powers are so typical... and even the special red ribbon girl isn't too unusual, though I do like the little character bit on the coffee she likes, that's funny... I just hope they do something interesting with that final rewrite of the world... very esoteric connection to our current reality... coming 'soon'.
cool.gif

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Sep 17 2016, 07:57 PM)the special red ribbon girl isn't too unusual, though I do like the little character bit on the coffee she likes, that's funny... I just hope they do something interesting with that final rewrite of the world... very esoteric connection to our current reality... coming 'soon'hope so too :/ acting that way after a meteorite fell on her, it got weirder up to ep'12 like green Wolverine claws... chainsaws vs T-Rex or a pyromaniac wishing humanity's end, no wonder why Planetarian is the first Key anime I finished
dry.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back