Saturday Night Live from Belgium! (02-17-2007)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Yanosuke

-san
Sempai
Some might have heard about this in the TeamSpeak Voice server thread, but as to attract the maximum number of people, i'm writing this topic.

Ok, so about this unofficial "Saturday Night Live":
Even i don't know the origins about it, all i can say is "POOF, here it is...".

First of all, it might be important to let you know it's not an event hosted by FTV, therefor making it an unofficial event.
I just decided the host this to make more people common along TeamSpeak.

What i plan to do with this event is just like the title says:
"Good company, Karaoke and fun".
Never been to FTV TeamSpeak before or are you just to shy?
Don't worry, just login to "voice.fansub.tv", use your FTV login data and just use the chat system build in into TeamSpeak to just use text instead of a microphone.
I'm trying to get everyone familiar with this program and to give you the chance to meet eachother in a more "real-life" atmosphere.

The main part of this event is ofcourse Karaoke.
If you don't want to do karaoke, just join us and listen instead of singing while talking to other members.

About the Karaoke:
Up till now, karaoke has become more and more common as, i believe, xcouger alread had mentioned in another thread.
To give a little variation to it, i want to make this an international karaoke.
For example, i will do, ofcourse, Japanese songs. However, besides this i'll also do some good sounding dutch and english songs. One of the english songs might even be "Hakuna Matata" from the lion king. Why? Because it's a song everyone knows and brings a good and happy mood to everyone on the server. Maybe even a comical mood.
So if you got anything to share with us that might make a happy mood, join in.

About the Good company and fun:
This speaks for itself.
Up so far i've only been talking to Good company.
Everytime i login, they're there.
So don't be too shy, because you'll be surprised how easy everyone will get along.
As i said, just use the Text chatting system.

With all this i hope to atleast try to get more than 20 people into the same channel.
Also, this is not a promotional event for FTV.
Just something i decided to bring forth to meeting and letting other people meet new people by using this FTV TeamSpeak server.

I hope this will not be an issue for the FTV (forum) admins. If so, please let me know about it as fast as possible.

I think i've included all i could in this post. If not, i'll just add them as soon as i notice.

EDIT:
Let the voting begin!!!

Ok, a seperate poll has been made to vote for some times.
Check it out and let me know your times and if you have some, your suggestions for the show. fe, you have an idea of what might be fun? let me know

SNL TIMES POLL

Ok, that's it. The deadline for voting will be wednesday, februari 7th.
Give me your best so i can work on the program ^^/

EDIT:
Please take a look at the second page's posts as well.

Your host for saturday,
Yanosuke

Be there or be square as they say....I'm so gonna be there, Yanosuke-sama-friend!
laugh.gif

Maybe I'll log in for the first time this saturday. Probably won't do any karaoke (would probably hurt your ears if i tried), but i got a mic so I can talk. what time is that est?

to bad i wont be able to be there cause of work !

I believe this should be around 18:00 EST.
I'm looking forward to meeting you on the server.

Allow me to accompany you on saturday night, ImTakes-ojousama.

i work night shift man . lol when most people are sleeping im working and i have to work all weekend . though next saturday ill be able to make it lol

QUOTE (Yanosuke @ Jan 25 2007, 09:56 PM) I believe this should be around 18:00 EST.

Allow me to accompany you on saturday night, ImTakes-ojousama.
It would be my pleasure to be in the company of such a one as you, Yanosuke...I bow in gratitude at such a generous invitation...wow...I'm flying high now....ah...yes....
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
Come on everyone...join in for lots of fun and good times over at TeamSpeak come Saturday.

QUOTE (Yanosuke @ Jan 26 2007, 07:56 AM)I believe this should be around 18:00 EST.

You said 16:00 PDT, right ? are u still on daylight savings ?
well, PDT is GMT-7 (are u sure it's PDT ?), and EST is GMT-5, so, by adding 2 hours we get 18:00 (are u sure you still observe daylight savings ?)
if you meant PST, which is GMT-8, you'll get 19:00 EST
but, since you also said 00:00 GMT, I'm guessing it's PST
tongue.gif

onto more pressing matters, I don't think I'll be there at the beginning of the gathering, too late for me since I'm at GMT+2 (that would make it 2 AM, and I'm no night owl XD)

maybe I can catch you on Sunday around 6-8 AM GMT
hope to still find you at that time
biggrin.gif

Somehow.. I feel like this belongs more to the Voice of Change than General Discourse.. but umm.. yeah.. i definately like your idea.. I'd give support if it all worked out for the better.. But as in for now.. We DO come up with events on the spot Saturdays.. We sing, Daft streams anime, we chatt.. everyone's always on Saturdays all night.. Yano, not to shut this idea down of anyway, but you hosting wouldn't change the events that we already perform and participate on Saturdays.. It's not like we have a determined host, but Daft takes on that job just fine whenever he arrives.. But I'll surely see to this..
wink.gif

@ baakatheone
Yes, you're correct, it should be PST and 19:00 EST.
You're all too weird with those timezone thingies over there
tongue.gif

@ xcouger
i know i know. This isn't meant to say that there's nothing to do at TeamSpeak. I also know what daft does.
I know you have events as well.
But by announcing this event before it happens, i hope more new members to join the TeamSpeak server.

Also, if this topic is out of place, please move it ^^. i wasn't too sure of where to put it
smile.gif

Rather, i think this should be in the announcement section for the time being, announcing that there's an event occuring somewhere at sometime. Other than that, I kinda find this announcement pretty good in informing people when/where things are. I'd probably keep this in the teamspeak though, but since this is in an announcement form, I'll probably move it to the announcement section for now. Then we'll decide what to do from there.

--Thread Moved--

yay i got the weekend off work so i will be there for sure and i got a new mic (sat on the old one
biggrin.gif
)
looking forward to it.

QUOTE (Yuki69 @ Jan 26 2007, 02:27 PM) yay i got the weekend off work so i will be there for sure and i got a new mic (sat on the old one
biggrin.gif
)
looking forward to it.
Chispas! I hope I don't do that to the one I just got today, Friday...after all the work Yanosuke-sama-amigo spent helping me out with it, he would be most disappointed.
rolleyes.gif
Saturday night it is then....hooray!
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

i might be a "little" disappointed yes... >_<

anyway, i was planning to do this at the normal times, but just thought the sooner the better.
If you need to recheck your headset, need help with some settings or how to stream...come online 1 hour before the actuall time. that is 4 hours from now ^^/

timezone won't be an important matter now ^^.
We're about to start. Today will be to test how well things go.
The next time there will be an actual program.
join in whenever you feel to do so

EDIT
hmm, actually. i'm revoking the event for now.
I noticed that it was too short of a notice.
But i came up with some really great ideas.
Even though there's still a room called "saturday Night Live" on TS, just join.
I'll stick around for a while. But i'm delaying the official opening of SNL by a week or so.
I'm also going to let you vote about the starting time.
I'll take the most frequently voted time for starters. This vote will make its start in a couple of days (maybe less) so be sure to check back.

If you still desire karaoke at the moment. JOIN! ^^/
I'll be around for a couple of hours i think.

Everything I had hoped for has gone to pot....too bad. Oh well, maybe next time....TeamSpeak, a special program, for special folks, in the making.
wink.gif
Until next time then......
rolleyes.gif

Last night.. It was quite dead.. a lot of people but nothing much went on.. I got to chat with Daft, Lab and W6 later on though.. noob bailed on us.. Noshi left extremely early.. Yaya left relatively early, and I ended up joining at 4 in the morning my time.. and stayed till about 5 or 6.. No karaoke while I was on.. Everyone had there individual entertainment and work to do.. Hoping that the upcoming Saturday would be something better..

It didn't go according to plan. I postponed it rather early as well, but both daft and hama weren't there so they couldn't change the roomname.
About when the SNL will be, it will be postponed for atleast 2 to 3 weeks.
During this time a program will be made as well as votes for the times.
I'll let everyone know how, when and what pretty soon.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back