scanlating group?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Yea, that's what I was talking about. Didn't realize it was that long, but I was just thinking of possible ideas and that one popped into my head first since I've been complaining to myself about the lack of releases since I first read it a while ago.

My personally opinion is that because this group is just for fun (right?), so we should do something more relaxing but fun. Something like....Prince of Tennis, 8-19 pages per release which is just awesome.

Currently I'm interesting in a light novel-to-manga serie called "Negative Happy Chain Saw Edge" "The original novel is the debut work of author Tatsuhiko Takimoto, who also created the light novel and manga series Welcome to the N.H.K.!" - ANN

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=19674
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-...m-chainsaw-edge

Huh that seems pretty interesting. Very interesting. Kind of reminds me of that Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie
ohmy.gif
. I'd definitely want to scanslate that.

as long as you guys have the RAWs and are willing to translate or know someone who can help with the translating i dont see any reason why we shouldnt do a particular series even if the chapters are a tad on the long side
ph34r.gif
since we do have a few cleaners/editors etc it should be possible if we divided the pages up and sent them to everyone.

btw - my friend is willing to scan and translate a Korean manhua. its called Platina, wonder if anyone has heard of it or is willing to pick it up =/
and about that advert for a japanese>eng translator O_O are we going to put it out or is it just going to be word of mouth?

Off topic: yay! something might actually happen with this!

As much as i think this is a good idea, infact its an amazing it still appears you havnt got a Jap to Eng translator, i hope you do find one since this is a great idea, especially if it does get working
smile.gif

Not necessarily. From what I understand it doesn't have to be from Japs to English although the manga is indeed a Japanese product. You can always have the ones that are translated in Chinese and have them re-translated into English. Thus why our great friend mkk volunteered himself to do Chinese-English translations.

well to rectify the whole not having a japanese>english translator we'd have to put out some kind of advertisment or nothing will actually happen - and like noob said - we dont have to have a japanese>english translator since MKK has been so nice as to offer to translate chinese>english for us. it isn't a huge issue atm ^^

What're we going to start on first? a few series have been mentioned but no one has picked one specific series. Negative Happy Chain Saw Edge sounds like it could be good fun to work on, if anyone has got the RAWs for cleaning please do send them out to the cleaners =]

well if you pick on a light novel ill support you guys. if not then... yeah.

do you have one specific one in mind? speaking of which - we could ask if anyone wants a series scanlated so long as they can provide the RAWs to it (if not scanned by them they'll have to provide us with the actual scanner for correct crediting) and if it isnt chinese they'd probably have to find us another translator or it'll be shelved until we can find a translator
wink.gif

We also have to set the standards we're going to be doing for the scanlation =/ low quality/HQ etc

QUOTE (samthebear @ Feb 05 2008, 12:11 AM)We also have to set the standards we're going to be doing for the scanlation =/ low quality/HQ etcI think HQ is the way to go
It's always more enjoyable to read/see a well done job

HQ will probably take more people and time but thats ok, and i agree with you deadlylazers HQ is always a lot more enjoyable to read.

Usual rules will apply with our scanlating:
- no licenced series
- no hentai

the rest regarding distro etc can be worked out after we've actually got something in the works. so i'm going to assume that DChaosBlade, Barbobot, hamasuke, deadlylazers, MKK and i are all willing to do something for this project? And the roles will be as DChaosBlade set out previously on the first page. if anyone has any objections - speak now or forever hold your peace! positions are still open for application (actually i dont think we'll ever have to close them - but i may be speaking too soon) just post in this thread to express your interest
happy.gif

I'm in, so what are we doing? Also who IS the offical RAWs provider? I can only get chinese scans since that's where I read my stuffs, torrent sites are one way but you probably don't get the latest ones.

Anyway I uploaded the scans for Negative Happy Chain Saw, so just check how they are and see if they are doable or not. There's only 3 chapters and they are all one per month. I think it's okay but not the best, so we should get more second opinions...
http://rapidshare.com/files/89275689/Negat...w_Edge.zip.html

thats the problem - we dont have a RAW provider (unless you dont count yourself, MKK) nor do we have a japanese>english translator - so i think we really should get those adds circulating around.

As for getting people to provide the RAWs and/or translations if needed, i think it might be a good idea since people are more motivated when it comes to something that they really want to read.

EDIT: MKK, these scans are good O_O we could just erase the text and the cleaning is done
ph34r.gif
*thank god for that - if we had to level all of them it'll be a major pain
ph34r.gif
* has this been translated from japanese before? cuz if thats the case we might need to ask permission from the group who did these scans permission to use their scans >.<

Well im should be able to get the RAWs but i depends on what RAWs you want, do you want Light Novels, Manga etc.........

Since im not sure if you scanning Manga or a Light Novel at the moment.

Does anyone know if the Haruhi novels are liscensed, if not i suppose you could go for them, lol

since i think we're going to do mostly manga please do send us the RAWs, if we dont have enough work for our translators do send the light novels our way
happy.gif
one more thing - if the RAWs are in japanese we're going to have to find ourselves a jap>eng translator first before anything happens.

andd nope - Haruhi isnt licenced. we can do that
biggrin.gif
however - someone has already translated it Suzumiya Haruhi

So what are we with then Chinese or Japanese, if its Chinese then MMk is your best bet if i understood his post correctly, or is it Japanese, which if it is we still need a Translator.

So if its Manga which manga are we doing then so tht i can go after the RAWs?

Oh and thanks for the link Sammy Bear

ah ok then we'll have to find our own RAWs.
right now chinese is our best bet, and we still need to find a japanese TL. one page back someone was suggesting a manga but i think it needed a jap TL. if you can find chinese RAWs and the credits to go with them i think we'll work from there O_O

Is that a manga title that is most likely to become/get licensed in the next 6-7 months? (English version) If yes, then we can't do it. Other than that, good luck.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back