Sendai Earthquake

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
[dohtml]<center>song sung by Yoko Kanno for the victims of the quake -[/dohtml]
[dohtml]<center>
406330-9DESYFR.jpg
[/dohtml]
Want to donate for the victims in Japan? Then please visit the website of the international red cross and red crescent.
http://www.ifrc.org/en/
Vote for your favorite Winter 2010/2011 titles HERE!

As a registered volunteer for the Redcross, I got a call yesterday asking whether I wanted to do some fundraising.

I have spent all of today in oxford street asking people for money. People have been quite charitable. Hopefully, I will find some time off from studies to do some more.

I think this would be a great time for the anime community to rise up and donate to a culture that has rewarded us so much.

My thoughts are with Japan.

QUOTE As a registered volunteer for the Redcross, I got a call yesterday asking whether I wanted to do some fundraising.

I have spent all of today in oxford street asking people for money. People have been quite charitable. Hopefully, I will find some time off from studies to do some more.Hey thats some great effort
wink.gif
I'm living ina quiete rural area so theres not much which could be done in this direction I think, but in any case I will donate a bit to the german red cross, even if its not much I can give unfortunately.

QUOTE I think this would be a great time for the anime community to rise up and donate to a culture that has rewarded us so much.

My thoughts are with Japan.Yeah I think so too, especially it would also be in general a good gesture to the Japanese and a sign of solidarity towards them. Since as far as I know at times Japanese people tend to feel a bit isolated.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 13 2011, 09:12 AM)As a registered volunteer for the Redcross, I got a call yesterday asking whether I wanted to do some fundraising.

I have spent all of today in oxford street asking people for money. People have been quite charitable. Hopefully, I will find some time off from studies to do some more.

I think this would be a great time for the anime community to rise up and donate to a culture that has rewarded us so much.

My thoughts are with Japan.

Ah glad to see somebody who is going active here ^^, I personally am going to donate (maybe up to 100$ if converted to dollars)
rolleyes.gif
and yes I am serious. Being an otaku my hobby is indebted to their country and I had personal experiences with them in my school. The ones running my school were Japanese and they were really kind, just a sample would be when my friend got into an accident just right after school. When the japanese-headmistress found about I heard they took a large amount of money from the safe and offered it up to my friend's family.

PS: Ahhh damn it Jun Misugi You ninja'ed me (I think
tongue.gif
) I made a thread thinking this one didn't existed
blink.gif
or its just a matter of Fail on my side /facepalm

Anyways just a sample of ignorant, insensitive people who lack the necessary grey cells in their brain or in other words dumb *ssholes. http://i.imgur.com/8cqOO.jpg

QUOTE Ah glad to see somebody who is going active here ^^, I personally am going to donate (maybe up to 100$ if converted to dollars) and yes I am serious. Being an otaku my hobby is indebted to their country and I had personal experiences with them in my school. The ones running my school were Japanese and they were really kind, just a sample would be when my friend got into an accident just right after school. When the japanese-headmistress found about I heard they took a large amount of money from the safe and offered it up to my friend's family.Its really good to see that especially the readiness of otakus like us is quiet high to donate^^Hmmm I hope when the gov of Japan sees the donations coming from us gaijin otakus that they will stop certain law movements...I think you know what I'm talking about lavi-san
wink.gif

QUOTE PS: Ahhh damn it Jun Misugi You ninja'ed me (I think) I made a thread thinking this one didn't existed No worries, I did not ninjaed you on that, that is simply the front page post regarding this matter, and is actually not meant as a discussion thread
wink.gif

QUOTE (JunMisugi @ Mar 14 2011, 01:10 AM) No worries, I did not ninjaed you on that, that is simply the front page post regarding this matter, and is actually not meant as a discussion thread
wink.gif

oh ok then. /Sweatdrop Thought I made a big mistake there...

QUOTE (JunMisugi @ Mar 22 2011, 06:39 AM) So I updated the front page again, I hope it turned out okay.
Very nice, Jun~tan. I will send you one correction via pm.
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back