Servant × Service

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

julez

-chibi
Retired
ypzQ57y.jpg

Genre: Comedy, Slice of Life
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Director: Yasutaka Yamamoto (Squid Girl Season 2, Valkyria Chronicles)

Original Creator: Karino Takatsu (Working!!)
Music: monaca (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, Star Driver)

Number of episodes: 13

Opening Theme:
"May I Help You? (めいあいへるぷゆー?)" by Lucy Yamagami (Ai Kayano), Saya Miyoshi (Mai Nakahara), Megumi Chihaya (Aki Toyosaki)

Ending Theme:
#1: "Hachimitsu Tokidoki (ハチミツ時間)" by Lucy Yamagami (CV: Ai Kayano) (eps 1-)
#2: "Hachimitsu Tokidoki (ハチミツ時間)" by Saya Miyoshi (CV: Mai Nakahara)
#3: "Hachimitsu Tokidoki (ハチミツ時間)" by Megumi Chihaya (CV: Aki Toyosaki)

Synopsis:
Anime about the staff of the health and welfare section of the ward office of a certain city. Newcomers Hasebe Yutaka, Yamagami, Miyoshi Saya, and their supervisor Ichimiya Taishi go through the everyday quirks of working at their office.
(Source: MAL)

Cast
ill05.png
Ai Kayano as Lucy Yamagami

ill05.png
Mai Nakahara as Saya Miyoshi

ill05.png
Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Yutaka Hasebe

Aki Toyosaki as Megumi Chihaya
Mikako Takahashi as Tanaka-san
Rumi Ookubo as Tōko Ichimiya
Takahiro Sakurai as Taishi Ichimiya

Thoughts: I loved Working! and I hope that this show has the same slice of life, comedic vibe. I also like that there's another show that isn't focused on highschoolers or middle schoolers
tongue.gif

This show definitely has the same sort of vibe as Working! So if you enjoyed that, I definitely recommend you check this out. I really like the idea of a comedy that takes place in a civil service office, the situations they came up and the reactions were funny
biggrin.gif

Also I don't understand why Lucy doesn't just legally change her name? That would solve all her problems? But I guess exacting revenge is much sweeter
tongue.gif

I also wonder if that civil servant that agreed to her having that long name on her birth certificate was related to Hasabe? He did say that he's the third generation to work in civil service in his family
tongue.gif

I`ve been away for awhile and just started catching up on the current crop of anime.

Simply put.... LUUUUUUUCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG She`s so awkward you just WANT to take her home and protect her. {I bet you thought it was because of the way she`s built!} Her impressive bust line aside, she`s just a FUN character to watch. The rest of the dysfunctional cast just sets her up to be the voice of reason which is funny in itself considering how skewed her personailty is.

Two thumbs up!

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Jul 29 2013, 12:29 AM) I`ve been away for awhile and just started catching up on the current crop of anime.

Yeah I noticed you were away, welcome back Knorris! I always enjoy reading your posts
smile.gif

I'm one episode behind in this one, but I have to say I laughed really hard during episode 3 when Lucy's bra hook broke and her coworkers were put in a really awkward position
tongue.gif
Gotta love how Hasabe handled it, and that he's actually very thoughtful and caring towards his co-workers... especially Lucy...

Do I sense a potential couple?
ohmy.gif

Okay, it's midnight, and I sit down to watch episode 9...

I truly am now questioning if I could truly survive being with someone as DENSE as Lucy... I mean, I guess if you fight base, human nature, and ALWAYS just assume the most innocent lowest common-denominator in every conversation with her, you might understand her about 80% of the time. Then there are those "out in left field" situations that just seem to gravitate towards her that NOTHING can prepare you for. I actually felt sorry for Hasabe for a quick second. I mean, yeah, he's young, good-looking, popular, out-going, from a well-established family, a genius, super-coordinated, athletically talented, ...... Nope. I was wrong. I still don't feel sorry for him!
dry.gif

Anyway, I truly wonder if Lucy being a super-hot, ultra-busty, & tiny "magane-girl"/Super-hot librarian/Super-hot substitute teacher of my dreams would allow me to endure all of the times that she would make me pound my head against the wall trying to figure out just what the heck she's going on about half the time?

But we would have to seriously work on those poor self-image issues of hers! It's actually really sad to hear her and the Supervisor Taishi say things like, "Someone like me isn't (Worthy/Good enough/etc.) to.."

When I started this show on a lark yesterday, I did not expect I would feel the need to marathon all the available episodes in less than 24-hours. While I expected it might be funny, and it is, I also did not expect it to be such a charmingly cute love story. And after the first episode, there was no way I thought I would actually come to like Hasabe, but dammit, I do! Of course it's Lucy that I really love. Super-efficient, capable, straight-laced, sexual-harassment-proof, oblivious, book-fiend, name-coplex Lucy. What a great character!

Not enough Yamagami Lucy Kimiko Akie Airi Shiori Rinne Yoshiho Ayano Tomika Chitose Sanae Mikiko Ichika in that episode. By the way, I am convinced the civil servant who approved her parent's choice of name for her was either the stupid stuffed-bunny boss, or Hasabe's father.

Also, I love when Megumi and Tohko are together.

Here are some cute images I found on pixiv by some talented artists
smile.gif

I love this show and it's been under the radar for a lot of people this season. I'm glad to hear that you've picked it up Accipiter and that you're enjoying it!

I am one episode behind at the moment, but I agree with you that the person that allowed Lucy's parents to give her that long ass name is probably going to be Hasabe's father. I thought so since episode one, when he said that he's the third generation to work in civil service. After Lucy finds that out, it will create another obstacle in their relationship
tongue.gif
It could also be their boss, but I think he would have had more of a reaction to her, if it was...QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Aug 29 2013, 11:45 PM) It's actually really sad to hear her and the Supervisor Taishi say things like, "Someone like me isn't (Worthy/Good enough/etc.) to.." Oh God... yes that's a Japanese thing. It's hard to understand for us westerners, but I've seen it so often in anime. Like: I'll go out with you....if your fine with me? or I'm sorry you're with someone like me...

Ugghhh
rolleyes.gif
this is surpassing being humble, makes me wonder if they have super low self esteem issues?

Anyway, I too like the budding romance between Lucy and Hasabe, even though she's so darn dense. Normally it's the guy that's dense, so its cute to see the opposite happening with Hasabe's blushing reactions and all!

Haha! Hasabe's Dad confirmed as Lucy's nemesis! The date clothes were nice, but the best part of the whole date was when Hasabe went into a store and bought Lucy fake glasses.

Hmm, the way this show has been arcing, I wonder if it will end solidly on the last episode with a satisfying conclusion to all the story-lines. That would be pretty rare thing for an Anime like this.

Also, fluffy pillow:

Attachments

• servant_fluffy_pillow01.gif
    servant_fluffy_pillow01.gif
    560.3 KB · Views: 127
Lucy from "Servant x Service" may VERY WELL be my current definition of "The perfect anime girl"...
9957154803_f027bb6654_m.jpg

BUT! She wasn't the original. Here is a vintage "Lucy Template" girl. Shizuku from "Hunter x Hunter" showing that...
9957061396_b1e7d1a270_m.jpg

...the glasses girl has ALWAYS been sexy!

And the EPIC-ly hot Yomiko Readman from "Read Or Die" shows us Librarians CAN be gorgeous, proper, polite, and above all - SMART!
yomiko.jpg

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back