Shimoneta

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Masich

-san
Sempai
A16731-2629918337.1433954343.jpg

Title: Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist
Japanese: 下ネタという概念が存在しない退屈な世界
Genres: Comedy, Ecchi, School (theme: Dirty Jokes)
Objectionable content: Significant
Age rate: R - 17+
Airing Date: 4/7/2015 (TV series 12 episodes)
Original Writer: Hirotaka Akagi
Original Character Designer: Eight Shimotsuki
Character Design: Masahiro Fujii
Director: Youhei Suzuki
Music by: Akiyuki Tateyama
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
Studio: J.C.Staff
Network: AT-X, Tokyo MX, KBS, CTC, tvk, SUN, TVA, BS11
Opening theme: "B Chiku Sentai SOX" by SOX
Ending theme: "Inner Urge" by Sumire Uesaka
btn_chara_01.png
btn_chara_02.png
btn_chara_03.png
btn_chara_04.png
btn_chara_05.png

Tanukichi Okuma voiced by: Yūsuke Kobayashi
Ayame Kajou voiced by: Shizuka Ishigami
Anna Nishikinomiya voiced by: Miyu Matsuki
Hyouka Fuwa voiced by: Saori Gotō
Otome Saotome voiced by: Satomi Arai
btn_chara_06.png
btn_chara_07.png
btn_chara_08.png
btn_chara_09.png

Raiki Gouriki voiced by: Kenta Miyake
Kosuri Onigashira voiced by: Yui Horie
Oboro Tsukimigusa voiced by: Sumire Uesaka
Binkan-chan voiced by: Yui Ogura
Sophia Nishikinomiya voiced by: Sayaka Ohara
Official website: http://www.shimoseka.com/top.html
Synopsis: Sixteen years after the "Law for Public Order and Morals in Healthy Child-Raising" banned coarse language in the country, Tanukichi Okuma enrolls in the country's leading elite public morals school and is soon invited into the Anti-Societal Organization (SOX) by its founder, Ayame Kajou. As a member blackmailed into joining by Ayame, Tanukichi ends up taking part in obscene acts of terrorism against the talented student council president Anna (for whom Tanukichi has a crush on). (Source: MAL).

Masich Comment: Not in my original to watch list... but, Colla, asked me to watch this after she almost died of laughing so... No idea if it counts but for Girls Approved I guess...
I find this one of the most Hilarious series I have ever seen (in dirty jokes/puns/references). It does have a huge note on being for mature people, that goes without saying at this point.
I know that many of the jokes and puns will get old very quickly, but I still find this so hilarious after three episodes (Not a single laugh has been lost *Yet*) We all have that one ecchi show, and this goes beyond Seitokai Yakuindomo (One of my favorites).

Don't know why I started to watch this series, but all I can say about it is that it's a guilty pleasure series this season.

Pretty much I think this is an example of what would happen if Japan with too far with their censoring laws. I think this might of been the response to when they did kind of a crackdown on ecchi-like manga from the way things are going in this series.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 21 2015, 09:28 PM)Pretty much I think this is an example of what would happen if Japan with too far with their censoring laws.
858749.jpg

Everyone here generally likes good anime, but i dont think i can qualify this as good anime.

Sure the characters and groups are interesting, but most of the jokes are just from the characters making pun on obscene words and similar sounding normal ones, and thats it. Seitokai Yakuindomo was much more funny, they played off the puns and added irony, faked romance/sexuality, and more, i just don't get this humor, i wished someone would explain it to me xD

I dropped it on the second episode but out of respect to you Masich-san and Kid-san i think i will try up to ep4.

And remember boys, its not okay to impersonate a criminal and run around your school with pantsu in your face and a skirt and a wig, don't copy these things.

QUOTE (Klyern @ Jul 22 2015, 02:10 AM) Sure the characters and groups are interesting, but most of the jokes are just from the characters making pun on obscene words and similar sounding normal ones, and thats it.
I'm still watching this show for now, but not sure how long that will last and that's a big reason for that. There are a lot of jokes in this show that come down to "hurr durr we just said dick and pussy. Isn't that HILARIOUS?!". It occasionally has genuinely funny moments, which primarily revolves around the students complete lack of knowledge about sexual intercourse of any kind, but there's more of the former than the latter.

QUOTE (Klyern @ Jul 22 2015, 07:10 AM)Everyone here generally likes good anime, but i dont think i can qualify this as good anime.
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jul 22 2015, 07:25 AM)There are a lot of jokes in this show that come down to "hurr durr we just said dick and pussy. Isn't that HILARIOUS?!"You guys are free to say if you dislike it, hate it, drop it, curse its existence/question it of course lol!
Everyone has its own opinion, feel free to say what you think! The only reason I started watching it is because Colla recommended it (for users see the profile page for info on that) and we both have pretty much of a huge dark personality (Simply sadistic/vulgar)

In anyways, I watch this for its over the top ridiculous *What if* topic and its dirty jokes, seeing as it is for once completely out of the normal everyday series I watch/know,
Seitokai Yakuindomo is as such for me, but I did find it getting overused too many times to a point in which the series itself stopped trying. Although I do hate myself for not using such argument on its forum during my end review...
In the end, I do not mind you all tearing this a new one *Pun*. And am even grateful to you all, for saying what you dislike about it :).

*attempts to add genre: Borderline H* *Fails*

What can I say, did not see that Yandere sort of type coming o_O
I wonder how they are going to continue from such a... event...

I know that this series is really crossing its lines at some points, but I can't stop finding it hilarious. Especially Saotome (Hata from Seitokai Yakuindomo) Unique but hilarious voice, cheers to Satomi Arai!

@#%$ ... I don't have the slightest clue what it says xDQUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 22 2015, 01:28 AM)Don't know why I started to watch this series, but all I can say about it is that it's a guilty pleasure series this season.I can't argue for one single bit. After all the series now days, it's nice to have something that is completely absurd or far fetched, so I have enjoyed every single bit of it. True, it did get old in the end with the whole bleeping out, but I for one still admired how far they would go with certain subjects. So... Credits to that!

Overall, my rating for Shimoneta: 6,3/10
Animation: 8/10
Story: 5/10 (For something that is not really a story but does know how to come over partially I do give half the credits)
Characters: 6/10 (I did enjoy Otome and Kosuri for their simpleness but also their way of making stuff more difficult/harmful, I did got sick of Anna very quickly... and am at least happy as to how far Tanukichi and Ayame have gotten in a way)

I do not recommend this series, unless you enjoy H topics and want some fun/comedy to be done to it.

I must be sick or something...

Gorgeous, Super-busty sexually-ravenous girl who's unGodly rich and I find her utterly repulsive...

Ayame Kajou may be annoying due to the constant sexual innuendo, but she is just SMOKIN' HOT! Bad girl? Check! Megane-girl? Check!! Hot Librarian vibe? CHECK!!!! If you watch "Haganai" she's essentially Kodaka's perfect girl. Yozora's "look" with Senna's "curves", and Rika's brilliance, wackiness, and sexual obsession.

Oh, and am I the only one who considers Anna to be a Super-Saiyan? Basically, substitute her sexual obsession with a food obsession and you get Goku! (Right down to their excessive drooling and super-keen sense of smell!)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back