Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season & Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
gdpetti said:
better than mecha... not a mecha fan... as it's usually younger, mostly shonen, aren't they? this seems more seinen, so the writing can be more 'adult' as well... which seems to work better with this genre... IMO.

I can understand why others liked it... good action based series... interesting how they have so far set up humans as prey for larger 'humanoids'...
well It's Kabaneri and Seraph's studio after all so yes, ep.27 hints the dad of this girl Sasha saved became a 'small' titan... Also Conny's mom in #28 telling by her greeting, It seems Ymir or Krista know what's going on but we'll see tomorrow :eek:

Finished S1.... and it ends with a look at that key around his neck... WTH they didn't go there first seems like a writing decision to milk the action at least until S2... overall the writing is rather good, though the usual writing copouts to get characters setup or scenes going in a certain direction.... and the number of these grows as the ep count grows... but overall, it's still rather good... just the usual addition of superpowers for the Titans whenever it seems the writer wants to up the ante on the story without just writing a better scene... I hope these copouts don't continue, but they probably will.... so on to S2, which should be over soon I think.... it's so much better to watch a few eps at a time. :D It helps maintain the suspense etc... like watching films... just skip through the OP/EPs...

I do wonder if this is gonna turn out like that American tv show "Lost"... at the end... it's just afterlife maneuvers with your friends... :rolleyes:
though, on second hand that might not interesting, as so far it looks to be the usual earlier human civilizations scientists created this situation, the Titans, perhaps part of their usual transhumanism or supersoldier R&D programs.

gdpetti said:
Finished S1.... and it ends with a look at that key around his neck... WTH they didn't go there first seems like a writing decision to milk the action at least until S2... overall the writing is rather good, though the usual writing copouts to get characters setup or scenes going in a certain direction.... and the number of these grows as the ep count grows... but overall, it's still rather good... just the usual addition of superpowers for the Titans whenever it seems the writer wants to up the ante on the story without just writing a better scene... I hope these copouts don't continue, but they probably will.... so on to S2
maybe that's true but notice it's too hard with titans raiding since ep.1, so they'll take a bit longer finding that basement... if it really has 'All the answers'! back to #29 i was right about Ymir, I think 0VA 1 hints she has her agenda like Annie <_<

Ah, you're talking about S2 already.... so more exposition? I think the dubbed version is out tomorrow or soon.... seems a good dub, so I'd rather wait... so much easier to watch in your own language.. unless the dub is bad or a studio that uses a very limited VA group for all their projects, as some voices just don't work on some characters, but they use what they have... <_< THis one seems OK... so I'll wait... the way the keep making the Titans more and more advanced is interesting, but problematic it seems... seems a setup.... the ole 'god' with living chess pieces storyline, seen that done a few times... hope that's not the case, but tropes rule the game in all formats.

You seem to imply that the few S2 eps still don't have him going to the basement with that key? <_< If that's the case, then the writer is really 'milking' it... isn't that the first thing you'd want to do, if you thought something important was there to discover.. some knowledge about WTH was going on and why?.. his father is still alive I take it? still no word on him either? These tropes get tiresome... but what can you do? ;)

gdpetti said:
You seem to imply that the few S2 eps still don't have him going to the basement with that key? <_< If that's the case, then the writer is really 'milking' it... isn't that the first thing you'd want to do, if you thought something important was there to discover.. some knowledge about WTH was going on and why?..
sure but for me that's nothing compared with lets say Space Bros, Muta didn't become astronaut (main premise) for... 99 eps but we watched all! even if half AoT 30 was 'krista's promise flashback, i liked it (to think Ymir saves the day):d

Just watched ep1 S2 of the eng dub... and I read the Wikipedia entry on this.. which makes the writer's storyline sound stupid... like it's all some gimmick...or stupid.... and they are still not dealing with the key around his neck, if it's still there... C'mon man, this is getting stupid... now they talk etc... now every soldier or whoever could be one... now the writing makes me want to stop watching if it's just going to get this stupid... I was thinking of watching the subs which have a number of eps out, but after watching this ep, I think I'll put in on hold for a few weeks, maybe the rest of the season.... my enthusiasm is gone.... the writing seems to have gone into stretchout mode to 'milk' the suspense as long as possible to get more eps.. as long as it stays popular. I'll have to look for something else.... this one's getting too manipulative for my tastes.

ep 31? or you referring to the manga chapter count?
I just watched the dub up thru 3p 4... yes, I prefer to experience the anime/storytelling in a language I don't have to read... so essentially, the same experience a native Japanese viewer would experience it as.... that said, they are 'milking' it.... rather well made though... the pacing of the action scenes, editing... but the way the characters turn their backs on the Titans all the time is a little stupid or ridiculously idiotic... as you know there will always be one attacking them when they do it... and the episode in which they took all their uniforms and weapons? when in an exposed area between the walls? Why not leave them in uniform? I don't think the storytelling has been well thought out.. they are really 'milking it', but it still works... though not well enough that I'd want to wait to see it every week. There really is a difference between telling a good story and just pacing an action scene spread out over, apparently, 2 cours.... maybe 3 or more if they can maintain interest? and the key keeps getting teased and forgotten in nearly every ep... and the back and forth on the storytelling is getting old too... not the best storytelling... just another action setup... with too many fake twists..

But it still works essentially.... just too predictable and a better storyteller wouldn't leave the viewer with a sense of dragging it out like this... I wonder if the manga is the same in presentation? I thought someone said it was. It's shonen I guess, so it's to be expected, right? It reminds me of the way AMerican soap operas on tv are setup and paced for each episode... setup a dramatic moment and then switch to a different set of characters and do the same... then the next set.... then the next... when done this way, you get the impression that they don't want it to ever end.... like Naruto... .maybe they are looking for a 10 cour count or more? You have to be a kid to put up with that... when everything is new. This is more like American comics turned into films... all action paced 'show' without substance... though some aren't too bad, they always go way over the top and never stop... It seems every ep is setup to do the same thing: add another twist to distract the audience's attention, like some con artist trying to steal your money right under your 'nose'....

It seems that if it was written in a more seinen style, this wouldn't be presented like this... and would be better, but shorter, with a better worldview setup etc... Oh well... it still has promise, but they are 'milking it'.

gdpetti said:
ep 31? or you referring to the manga chapter count?
I mean S2 ep.6 (its official count is in each title) If discovered, most likely both titans already planned their escape... in case they take Ymir too :/ epic #32 yet hilarious, to see jealous Mikasa's 'dead' look at Hange's love for titan-Eren :lol:

gdpetti said:
Alice, Re:, and Sakura are the three I'm watching... I may go back to check on the Titan thing later, but once they found them in the walls :rolleyes: on top of their ignoring that key to the basement... I had to put it on hold...
i'll let you know in case you're going t0 wait until it's unlocked, dunno if they'll do so this S2! read my posts above... by ep.34 now makes sense what's wrong at Reiner, strong but not mentally unlike his 'lackey' or Ymir (ape finalboss?)-_-

Yeah, just watched that last sub ep #37.... the dub is so far behind... .but the dub is rather good, I'd rather watch it... but I caught up on the sub.... it is well done, but they are definitely 'milking' this thing.. but then all authors who can, do .. in this genre or is it an age thing? a shonen audience instead of a seinen one has different expectations and desires..... I assume the manga is ongoing?... checked Wikipedia... 22 volumes so far... so S3 and S4 most likely? and it's ongoing... it's interesting, well crafted, but c'mon, they still have checked the basement with that key? :rolleyes: Yeah, that's 'milking it'... when the obvious thing to do is never done, no matter how many people die. ;) But it is well made, I have to give it that much... just too bad that the storytelling isn't done a bit better... the concept is there, but when you milk it like this, it turns into Naruto... which lasted forever and is still in production with the new generation... I think.... don't watch it... and maybe this mangaka is looking to accomplish that feat? A neverending story? This is one anime best seen in bunches, as otherwise the whole 'milking' thing is rather painful to endure. Can't blame the mangaka wanting a neverending paycheck though.

Attack on Titan: Lost Girls, tetramonthly OVA series starring Annie then Mikasa

gdpetti said:
it is well done, but they are definitely 'milking' this thing.. but then all authors who can, do .. in this genre or is it an age thing? a shonen audience instead of a seinen one has different expectations and desires..... I assume the manga is ongoing?... checked Wikipedia... 22 volumes so far... so S3 and S4 most likely?
yep S3 will be aired until July, i don't mind milking except for recap films :huh:

Season 30? :huh: So, no use of the 'key' yet? and the milkmaids are kept busy like with Naruto? :ph34r: that must be the plan for everyone though, right? Surely any tv show here in the States dreams of a 10yr run.... and all that money from reruns that follow. So, I can't blame them, but there is a way to do this without 'milking' it so obviously... any 'war' can be told in slow day to day fashion or in fast overview... but you can't ignore the obvious signs written into the script... don't put them there, don't remind the viewer of them.. don't make stupid mistakes like living biological organisms kept hidden in the walls?!?!?!?! WTH is that? are they zombies? no need for air, food, sunlight? are they machines? No, but the writer seems to think that his/her audience is stupid and can't think for themselves... so it doesn't matter as long as a few good action scenes are thrown in every week.... Am I wrong? I simply can't go back to this series... stopped it long ago.. like Naruto.... doesn't make sense... if it was a comedy, that might be ok, but this isn't... though perhaps it should be with all the milking going on? :D

Lost Girls? lost in the walls when time stops.... maybe this is where this show becomes a space fantasy? in the walls, they become giants and go to other dimensions in orgasmic delight, only to be ripped back to this shows reality when the walls are broken into.... but the key is to these lost girls hearts... as this show takes the turn into Love Live! The Final Fantasy! :p I wonder if the music will be any good? Can't you just see all them in giant form in sync dancing and singing? I can!.... and suddenly the show seems much better! :wub:

gdpetti said:
Lost Girls? lost in the walls when time stops.... maybe this is where this show becomes a space fantasy? in the walls, they become giants and go to other dimensions in orgasmic delight, only to be ripped back to this shows reality when the walls are broken into.... but the key is to these lost girls hearts... as this show takes the turn into Love Live! The Final Fantasy! :p I wonder if the music will be any good? Can't you just see all them in giant form in sync dancing and singing? I can!.... and suddenly the show seems much better! :wub:
what about Hate·Dead! as opposite? ;p but don't worry, i just saw both ep'16.5 0VAs are good with proper subs... instead of your dear wall'titans the title isn't only Annie's missing gal case, she got 'lost' herself so i think Mikasa too next :)

Attack on Titan S3, starting strong with a new 'human' main villain and 24 eps!

gdpetti said:
Season 30? :huh: So, no use of the 'key' yet? and the milkmaids are kept busy like with Naruto? :ph34r: that must be the plan for everyone though, right? Surely any tv show here in the States dreams of a 10yr run.... and all that money from reruns that follow. So, I can't blame them, but there is a way to do this without 'milking' it so obviously... any 'war' can be told in slow day to day fashion or in fast overview... but you can't ignore the obvious signs written into the script... don't put them there, don't remind the viewer of them.. don't make stupid mistakes like living biological organisms kept hidden in the walls?!?!?!?! WTH is that? are they zombies? no need for air, food, sunlight? are they machines? No, but the writer seems to think that his/her audience is stupid and can't think for themselves... so it doesn't matter as long as a few good action scenes are thrown in every week.... Am I wrong? I simply can't go back to this series... stopped it long ago.. like Naruto.... doesn't make sense... if it was a comedy, that might be ok, but this isn't... though perhaps it should be with all the milking going on? :D
by ep.38 obstacles, the basement isn't priority anymore (naruto? come on):lol:

Still so many people hating the ending to this. Its been so badly received by some groups of fans they're going to be animating their own fan ending. It makes me laugh so much that an ending can pee this many people off.

WTF!! They're making their own ending for the anime instead of using the manga one. I understand the disappointment but the series as a whole was phenomenal.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back