Site News

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are currently making some changes to the web server, the site will be unavailable for short periods over the next 30 mins.

This morning our main webserver was down due to an issue with the host machine for a short period, this has now been resolved.
However, our DDL server has lost its IPv6 connectivity, this caused our back-end link to disconnect and we lost our DDL control line as well as our streaming feeds.
We have re-routed the streaming feeds so these are now working again, however we still do not have our DDL control line so it cannot process new jobs or get status data, DDL downloads should still work however.

The main site and forum will be unavailable for approx 4 hours, starting in around 30 minutes (30 minutes from the time of this post, which is shown below) for a server move.
The DDLs/downloads server will NOT be touched, so any downloads in progress will continue without any issue.
This was completed within the time shown, but I forgot to update the post xD.

Upcoming Changes
The software used for part of the site forum is up for renewal next week, and I've decided to remove some of the site features that are not being used, this reduces the renewal fee and if no one is using the features, it would seem pointless to buy them again. Therefore the following changes are planned:

Removal of the 'Member Blogs' feature
Removal of the 'misc' files/downloads feature
Reduce the chat license from 20 users back to 5

Ignore my previous post 'Upcoming Changes' about features to close, in the end I did a full renewal.

I have noticed the server getting several failed requests for Zero no Tsukaima, Princess no Rondo using a really old URL for Chihaya server which was closed. As its one of my all-time favourite animes, and as I was on the server at the time, I have re-instated the service under the old address so that these requests will work. Its most likely an outdated link. This is why we ask web sites to always link to the episode page and NOT to file urls. But anyway, person who is using those old links, hope you enjoy Zero no Tsukaima xD

Status: DDLs: Offline. Pulse: Offline. Everything else: ok.
Saturday 19th Oct.
We have lost contact with our DDL server, sadly right when Fate/Stay Night UBW is waiting to be added.
We have put in a ticket for emergency help, and as soon as (IF) it comes back up it will automatically add episode 2.
That is, assuming the server is ok :/
Update Sunday, 4:44am
The server's hard drive is dead.
This means a complete re-install followed by trying to copy off any data we can.
This will be a long and slow process, we will do what we can.
Update Sunday 3:46PM
The DC are having issues re-installing the server, it might not be salvageable.
Update Sunday 5:57PM
We have built a new server for Fate Stay Night ep 2 and onwards, the rest is offline still.
Update Tuesday 28th Oct, 6:16PM
Henrietta has been rebuilt with a reduced set of data (skipped crunchyroll items), its not running yet however.
Update Saturday 1st Nov
Henrietta is now up and running with approx 90% of content restored. We have skipped series that are streamed via Crunchyroll, and Zero no Tsukaima due to licensing.

Following a disk and motherboard failure, some parts of the site have been affected, this is the current status, you can see more detail on it in this post.
Overall Status:
DDLs: Good/Partial, see below
FTV Pulse: Offline.
Screenshots: OK.
Site/Forum/blogs/chat: OK.
Everything else: OK

DDL Servers:
Saber (this season): OK & On-line
Henrietta (last 2 seasons): OK & On-line*
Siesta (older archive): Offline
*(except for Crunchyroll licensed and 1 other file).

Following a hardware failure FTV's community pulse is offline. All DDLs have been restored and everything else is fine, you can see more detail in this post.

DDL Server Status:
Saber (this season): OK & On-line
Henrietta (last 2 seasons): OK & On-line*
Siesta (older/archive): OK & On-line**
*except for stream licensed.

**should be 100% but not checked.

Not sure why I'm postings this, as fairly sure nobody reads this any more, the older DDL servers Siesta and Henrietta (aka ddl / Chihaya) will close on the 27th. I was going to make a replacement and move the data, but I don't see the point any more. The site is dead, nobody uses it, so meh. The software is also up for renewal and I've let it slide this time, again nobody uses this site so I see little point in continuing. DDL server Saber is still running for the moment.

We had a good run, MATV has been online for 7 years, 8 if I count the time under the old name.

I'd just like to say thank you to all the staff, all the fansubbers, all the visitors / members and of course Daft.

The site will remain up until it either becomes a problem or until it runs out of server money.

Thanks,
Maiku_Ando

Ok, slightly less end of world version....
The older DDL servers Siesta and Henrietta (aka ddl / Chihaya) closed on the 27th, DDL server Saber is still running for the moment.
I don't see much point in continuing with a DDL service, it is hardly used and no one shows any interest in it.

As it turns out, I need to keep the server the website part runs on for other duties, therefore I can keep MATV as a site (not DDLs) running on it without any additional cost.

Therefore, for now I'll leave the site going for a bit longer and see if anyone takes any interest in the other features, like the gallery, blogs or articles.
If nothing happens, then I'll close the site also.

So if anyone does still use this site / wants it to stay, make some activity in forum / gallery / blogs or something.

Thanks,
Maiku_Ando

PS
Yes, I changed the front page layout a bit.

Capcha Problems & Registration
Please note we are having an issue with the forum Capcha, this means we have had to close registrations for the moment.
This also means that password recovery currently will not work.
We have a software upgrade planned which will fix these issues, we hope to have this done in the next week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back