Site News

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
MATV Subs Recruitment

We need backup TL, editor, timer and encoder for the upcomming Idolm@ster Anime.
We will be doing a joint with EveTaku Fansubs, however we are a little short on staff, and we would like to get the PV before the first episode airs next week.

If you feel like getting involved join us in #matv on irc.rizon.net and talk to any of the ops.

MATV Subs: The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 Release

iDOLM@STERep1releasepic_small.jpg

Well we finally did it. MATV Subs & EveTaku Fansubs present the first episode of The iDOLM@STER!

This was a very difficult release for us, we had lost 3 TLs before the first ep even aired, we got a TL at the last minute (20 hours before air)
and EveTaku had to handle a lot of work to get this finished.
A big thanks to everyone at EveTaku, and of course everyone who worked on this from MATV Subs.

We would like to continue to sub this show, but we need another TL and a TLC, and an editor by next week :/

[EveTaku-MATV] THE iDOLM@STER - 01 (1280x720 x264 AAC) [0D44E18E].mkv
Torrent
DDL

MATV Subs: The iDOLM@STER Episode 1 V2
iDOLM@STERep1releasepic_small.jpg

Well I did say we were not happy with the first release, therefore we present our V2!
This is basically MATV-Subs doing a re-work of the previous release.

To clear up some confusion, EveTaku have decided to drop the series and also break the joint, however MATV-Subs are NOT dropping it! We will be here next week (actually its this week now) and we intend on doing the entire series.

If you watched our first release, we apologise, lol please re-watch the V2.

[MATV-EveTaku] THE iDOLM@STER - 01v2 (1280x720 x264 AAC) [AC3EFBA3].mkv
Torrent
DDL

NOTICE! Changes to Download URLs!
As part of our move to our new server, Chihaya we are now pointing all new downloads to Chihaya.
If you are using download managers, please change the URL from ddl.maikuando.tv to chihaya.maikuando.tv the old URL will continue to work, so you only need to change this if theres more than a day left in the download time or you havnt started it yet.
All the files previosuly on Naru should be present on Chihaya, however there is always a chance something didn't work.
If you have any problems, please make a post in the forum or contact us on #matv on irc.rizon.net

MATV Subs: The iDOLM@STER Episode 2

We're both faster and slower this week! (Slower than our V1 but faster than our V2).
We took a little longer and focused more on quality, we're IM@S fans after all! Hope you see the difference!

[MATV-Subs] THE iDOLM@STER - 02 (1280x720 x264 AAC) [30DDEB3B].mkv
Torrent
DDL

CREDITS

Translator: KarbyP
TL Check: k0sm0s
Typeset/Kara: Eri-tan
Timing/Kara: Ritsuko/Ando

MATV Subs: The iDOLM@STER Episode 3

imasep3th.jpg

We're a little late on this one, most of the group had some RL stuff that got in the way, so we're sorry this is so late.
I also managed to mess up the original torrent by using the wrong file, so it had to be re made.

[MATV-Subs] THE iDOLM@STER - 03 (1280x720 x264 AAC) [1D468AB2].mkv

Torrent
DDL

CREDITS

Translator: k0sm0s & KarbyP
TL Check: KarbyP & k0sm0s
Typeset/Kara: Eri-tan
Timing/Kara: Ritsuko-Akizuki, Maiku_Ando
QC: Maiku_Ando, Eri-tan, K0sm0s

Episode 4 is in progress and *should* be out soon as well.

Current Site State

As you can see, the site is looking a bit unloved at the moment, the screen caps are not updating, the categories are out of date and the even the youtube video on the front page hasnt changed for months.
the reason for this is simple becuase I don't have time to fix it, while trying to do the subs for IMAS it has left zero time for the site. I will try to atleast fix some of the more urgent stuff however.

EDIT
Current Season listing now updated. However I have noticed there appears to be some episodes missing which I know we have on the server in the group files, will need to fix that later. Youtube video is now something current-ish also.

Advertiser Dispute

It appears our advertiser Adbrite has apparently decided we do not have enough page views to continue using their service, an email from their customer services/support arrived today informing us we no longer make the cut. Although ad revenue has taken a drop in recent months, it was still helping to keep our server costs down.

Obviously we have responded to them trying to reverese their apparent decision, however is it likly they wont if they have such a policy in place, we are currently awaiting their response.

If we do end up loosing their Ad service, we will be looking for a replacement and/or a site sponsor(s). If that failes I may need to re-adjust the server usage to reduce costs a little.

Cloud Cache Testing

If your visting the site right now and thinking it seems to be running just a tad bit faster, then thats great, and its down to us trialing a distributed cache system for the site.
It enhances performance and also provides some extra security.

There maybe some glitches with the site while we're testing this, but it should be running ok generally. At present only web content is running through this, downloads are not.

Power Failure
Thu Sep 8: We had a power outage at one of our locations where Natsumi is located, this runs our backup web and DNS, no main systems run from this server.
Natsumi is currently up and running on main power.

10:56:30 WEST 2011 : UPS On battery power
11:22:59 WEST 2011 : NAS 247 and 248 auto shutdown to preserve power.
11:35:00 WEST 2011 : UK PowerNet: Engineers on route to site, suspected underground cable fault. No ETA for fix.
11:45:00 WEST 2011 : UK PowerNet: Engineers on site, initial investigation. No ETA for fix.
12:05:00 WEST 2011 : UK PowerNet: Engineers are in process of locating the fault. No ETA for fix.
12:15:00 WEST 2011 : Power restored, UPS on line power.
12:17:00 WEST 2011 : NAS 247 & 248 back on line.

Although not a critical system by any means, it was a great test of our new UPS and the auto shutdown, and also the UK Power Net SMS service.
During the entire outage, Natsumi remained fully up and running on UPS power only.

Update 13:49
Recieved an interesting message from UK PowerNet:

13:25 - Generators have been ordered and are on way to site to assist in restoring supplies.

As our power was already restored, a phone call was made to get clarification.
Apparently the restoration at 12:15 was via re-routing power, and restored service to most of the affected area, however some ares are still out, the generators are for the remaining areas and are scheduled to go on at around 2PM.

QUOTE (AmineSuki)
Time to end it?

Do you feel AnimeSuki (torrent index) is still a worthwhile resource or is it perhaps time to end it? And what to do with the site in that case?
Discuss this topic on the forum!

With the ever increasing number of licenses, and the reduction in unlicsensed shows, its an understandable position, but without their XML feed we wouldn't be here.
We at MATV ask you, if you have ever downloaded from us, or used one of our torrent links, please show AnimeSuki your support, for without them we'd never have existed in the way we do now.

EDIT
We do have some potential alternatives to the AnimeSuki feed, however it would require a fair amount of work, and not just on this site in order to make it fit.
We'll see what they decide to do, but maybe its time for us to change a little as well.

Outage earlier this Friday morning...

Haruka was down for around 2 hours from 7:05am to 9:05am due to an issue with the SAN.
This meant we lost the DB and the inter connect between the servers, and therefore almost everything went off-line.
Naru also seemed to re-connect a bit slower than it should have and was the last to come back, although theres nothing much running on Naru anyway.

Still debating if its worth moving Haruka to a new host or not. Everytime I start thinking 'its not worth it' something breaks :/

Edit
Ok so I got fed up of it (Haruka) running slow (which it still is) and bought a new server.
For the moment it is for testing out how easy/hard it would be to move / rebuild Haruka on the new location.
So far I've done a very rough copy over of the DBs, site, forum, NMS and vpn. Its not under user load, as your all still using old Haru-chan, but so far new-Haru-chan is running rings round her to the tune of some 250-280MB / sec FASTER in raw disk speeds alone. New server also has more disk space, which might mean the gallery could be hosted there as well. Not a huge issue, but makes the site a little less complicated.
Some cool features mean that the server can be cloned on demand, and / or moved to any of their other 5 datacentres around the world - which means we could take Haru-chan on 'holiday' to Tokyo if we felt like it...and still have the site running the same...from Tokyo...which although being totaly un-practical, is kinda cool for an anime site... lol

Not had much free time since the last update, but have managed some changes. We're now providing DDLs for Baka-Wolf Take a look at their community!
This meant some site changes, and a couple of minor broken things ^-^ but it should all be fixed now.

Some changes to the torrenter, I think its better but some of the users disagree becuase now theres a little bit more info needed to add stuff lol. This extra info will be a big help to the site when the release code is updated - it will mean the front page will auto get the new releases! and It will auto list them under the animes with the right episode (not just list them as new files).

We're still running on (original) Haruka, the new one I've not had a chance to do much with recently. Both have been stable since, just about.

So on wednesday I made this stupid comment:

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Oct 19 2011, 09:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1580
We're still running on (original) Haruka, the new one I've not had a chance to do much with recently. Both have been stable since, just about.

And so ofcourse today at 6:35pm, Haruka crashed. Everything went down. Again.

At that time I was on a train, so didnt even know until 2 hours later. Anyway, its now back up - as you can see. No definate root cause, best guess right now is the SAN disconnected, or was unavailable for a moment, and so it all crashed.

Plans for the weekend at 6:34pm: Nothing/sleeping/maybe some bits of code work.
Plans for the weekend at 8:34pm: Sync/move everything to Haruka2.

Therefore, expect the site to be down/broken for long periods.
The download servers will stay running, so as long as you have the final download url or your start downloading, then it will carry on without interuption, but the forum and the main site will be down, including torrenter etc.

:(

And We're back...

Welcome to our new server....Haruka2? ... well it dosnt have a name yet, but this is it. The site still thinks its 'Haruka' but just ignore that.

Most big things have been tested, and the site code has been run on here for testing, so it *should* all be ok.

The forum is already playing up again, (second time i've written this), no idea whats causing that, try clearing your cache / cookies see if that helps.

#matv on irc.rizon.net if your having issues.

EDIT
Stupid forum was annoying me, restored it from a backup.

[SIZE=18pt]Happy Halloween Kyuuu![/SIZE]

Image from here.

[SIZE=14pt]Have a haunting holiday and a chilling weekend!

From everyone at MATV.[/SIZE]

NOTE
I have just banned the following abusive users:
Who were putting a large amount of stress on Chihaya with stupid amounts of connections - what did they achive? less than 1 mbit, why? because the're stupid.
Levels returning to normal, happy downloading to everyone else.

IPv6 Enabled

The main website and forum is now available via IPv6, not many things are right now, but we are happy to be one of the first to try it.
Obviously if you have any issues, please do let us know on the forum or via IRC.
Note that the download servers are not IPv6 ready yet, so you'll have to go back to v4 for downloading still.

Issues With Miki
mikiImg1.jpg

Miki had some issues during the night / yesterday, it had restarted and not loaded up the webserver properly, and also filled up the diskspace with logs.
It has now been cleared and is back up and running.
Apologies to anyone who was unable to download from it, please try again now.

Update 17/11/11 @10:30GMT
Miki is down again, while I was logged in the hosting company shut it down without warning.
Ticket raised to find out whats going on, nothing back yet, and so no ETA either.

Update @10:50GMT
Apparently it was taken down for maintenance, and apparently they do not notify customers of such things.
It will be back in 20-30 minutes (apparently).
Really need to find a half competant provider :/

Update @11:??GMT
Forgot to add, Miki is back up again :/

CDN File Checking

We are currently running a very long job on one of our NAS units to scan all the stored files and import the records into the site DB, the idea of this is to allow us to check what we have stored on backups and compare it to whats on the servers. There is however a slight issue in the way in which the site lists files for download, and due to the scanning job, you may notice some files listed as being available for download when they are not. These files don't exist on the servers, so you can't download them, it is simply historic data or files which were on backup. We will remove these files later, this should only really affect very old series or ones which are licensed anyway, so you shouldn't see too many of these.

[SIZE=18pt]Merry Christmas & Happy New Year From Everyone at MATV[/SIZE]
Konachancom-22590christmasfate_stay_nightmegamisaberthighhighstohsaka_rin-1.jpg

Winter 2011-12 Anime & DDL Discussion - Tell us what you want here!

Content Updates

Lots of missing side content has been put in (series info, images), and Zero No Tsukaima has been restored - now all 3 series are available for a quick catch up before the new series starts in January.
The 'Current Season' category has been fixed as well, its now showing things for the season just ending (insted of random things from last year).
Some general fixes to some content, like some missing bits of series info.
Some small code updates as well to fix a few minor issues, and an update to some backend parts to help bring in content easier.
The CDN cache has also been cleared to make sure all the corrected content shows up. You may still need to refresh the page or clear your browser cache, but it speeds it up a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back