Summary of February 2005

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, sorry, February looks like a good month. We made about $100 but we're still in the negatives. If we keep this up we'll be making profits by 3 months.

Daft, do you make money with things other then Google ads?

well the thing is we are getting a new server soon, remember? so i think once we do, the figure will goes negative again x_x

she's asking how much is daft paying (when the income is negative) and not the total expenses. however i believe daft wont answer that question.. like he said before 'i'd like to leave that to your imagination' o_O xP

QUOTE (fizyboy @ Mar 13 2005, 11:46 AM) she's asking how much is daft paying (when the income is negative) and not the total expenses. however i believe daft wont answer that question.. like he said before 'i'd like to leave that to your imagination' o_O xP
Erm if he isn't getting money from the ads he would pay $168 like it says in the report don't quite get at what you and sasha want to know. We are in the negatives because very few people used to promote us and the expenses used to be $300 with the old server..

EDIT: If you asking what has come out his own pocket you can see that from the fact the overall total is still in the negatives and that's what he has paid :/ You can work it out yourself by going through the previous months.

try to look at Jan Summary.. it says -$468 USD and its a ridiculous amount. u think daft would pay that much from his own pocket? realistically well i dont think so and also i believe nyunyu knows something when i asked him he said "*zips mouth* na.. im not telling you =P"

damn..

QUOTE ( daft27 @ http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopi...findpost&p=3093) money makes things happen... and as for where that money comes from, I'll leave that up to your imagination

QUOTE (fizyboy @ Mar 13 2005, 12:26 PM) try to look at Jan Summary.. it says -$468 USD and its a ridiculous amount. u think daft would pay that much from his own pocket?
Daft has paid that much from his own pocket
dry.gif
. The sum you pointed out is the total balance he's paid including the previous months- he only had to pay $184 in Jan 05. Until the balance is in the positives Daft is paying something out to keep this site up.

EDIT: What don't you guys understand about [Expenses]-[Viewer Activity]=[Money out of Daft's own pocket]?

QUOTE (daft27 @ http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopic=239) As for the net getting worse or better this month, it's probably going to be worse. It's okay though since I recently applied to a few different part-time jobs, co-ops and internships that should be able help me recover the money lost.

As you can see Daft is working really hard for this site. So thanks again Daft!

>_> of course i completely understand that

my point is daft had to pay $468 USD and isnt that sound.. er.. a bit horifying to you? and i thought daft is a lecturer at a university? how could he pay all those on his own?

even rich ppl will have difficulties paying server monthly fees.

go to narutomania.. they pay part of the server expenses from thier own pocket.. and they asked for donations.

go to animeu.. they pay part of the server expenses from their own pocket.. and they asked for donations.

go to anime-reources.. they pay part of the server expenses from their own pocket and they asked for donations.

and the list goes on..

what abt FTV? have you ever heard of daft asking for donations? whats so special abt daft and FTV?

think abt it for a sec and u might be as curious as me.

QUOTE (daft27 @ http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopi...ndpost&p=5135As) for asking for people's donations and such, the site can survive without doing such a thing as that.

EDIT: ok i've never read that post abt part time job and stuff.. still IMO its too much for daft to handle on his own. and what abt the new server? if you were in daft's shoes, are u going to buy a new server when u are paying a lot already?

i dunno.. maybe daft has other plans on how to gain more money out of FTV in the future? dang, i realy wanna know the secret behind FTV being so stable financely even tho the expenses is ridiculous T.T

You missed the whole point in this month that he didn't actually have to pay anything this month- the site is actually making money!

He just as to stay like this for 3 more months until the books are balanced :/ If he does take the steps to get another server, then he expects the amount of viewer revenue to increase as well since the servers will be able to handle more people. If the server just turns out to be surplus he downgrades back to 1 server until he needs to get another server. I think the waiting times have been alright at the mo. I'm guessing space isn't too much of a problem with all the recent licensing as well.
So I think Daft should stick as it is now to recoup his initial investment before expansion. Simple business practice in a nutshell ;P

EDIT: the whole quote about "money makes things happen... and as for where that money comes from, I'll leave that up to your imagination " has been taken out of context during a discussion about drugs money
sleep.gif
;

QUOTE (daft27)for asking for people's donations and such, the site can survive without doing such a thing as that. Well he proven it for this month hasn't he? For this month the site has run totally from advertisement money. Animeu need according to them $900 a month if you think $468 is bad over 3 months
dry.gif

How much does a lecturer earn? Is $400 so much compared to what he earns? He could be earning in the millions.

QUOTE (sasha @ Mar 14 2005, 03:09 AM) How much does a lecturer earn? Is $400 so much compared to what he earns? He could be earning in the millions.
A lecturer won't earn a million
dry.gif
Most jobs in education won't get you that. Daft hasn't said anything about being a lecturer either I don't think...

Since we don't know what he actually does for a living we won't know- and personally I think we should draw a line on it for the sake of privacy. No need to go telling a bunch of strangers what you earn
sleep.gif

What I can say is that his wage doesn't need to be in the region of $400 dollars a month since the servers only cost about $170 a month. It probably is tho since the servers used to cost around $300
tongue.gif

lol, a lecturer? I'm only 19 and still in school. As for what my wage or salary is, it's $0 per month. I do make some money here and there doing random jobs but besides that, I don't really have any sort of regular job at the moment.

QUOTE (Coolio @ Mar 14 2005, 04:12 AM) Since we don't know what he actually does for a living we won't know- and personally I think we should draw a line on it for the sake of privacy. No need to go telling a bunch of strangers what you earn
sleep.gif

Prying into other peoples lives is one thing. But asking about it is another, don't be pushy into knowing every detail of someones life and knowing how it works.

I this case daft has told you what he earn, which is funnily enough what I'm earning right now - A big fat £0

Summer jobs to recoup lost revenue is the order of the year ;/

Wow, I'm earning more then DDM and Daft put together
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

QUOTE lol, a lecturer? I'm only 19 and still in school. As for what my wage or salary is, it's $0 per month. I do make some money here and there doing random jobs but besides that, I don't really have any sort of regular job at the moment.

How do you find the money to pay for the servers? Is it your parents' money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back