Tekken The Movie

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny
Retired
Well i was browsinga and i stumbled onto a Tekken Movie! Couldnt believe my eyes when i read it. Im a huge fan of the games with my fav characters with Kazuya Mishima and Bryan Fury, so boy was i happy when i read about this. But after abit of checking around different places it turns out its the real deal. The film so far appears to be sceduled for release somewhere in 2009.

I found 2 plot summaries for the movie:

Plot 1
A Young Man Who seeks revenge of his mothers death. He finds his grand-father, Heihachi Mishima, and pleas to be trained. When the Mishima leader announces a "King of Iron Fist" tournament. He finds out that his mother's killer will be participating in the tournament. He must fight against the worlds top competitors to achieve his goal with no interference.

Plot 2
The leader of a highly corrupt business under investigation of murder, Heihachi Mishima, suspiciously announces a tournament to crown a "king of iron fist" whereby the winner will be made his personal bodyguard and will have riches and fame laid upon them. However the tournament is not all it seems, as all of the contestants seem to have their own separate agenda's to get close to the man looking to employ them. Consequentlly a group of elite fighters, undercover police and assassins team together in the hope of uncovering the truth but slowly realize they are in fact linked together through more than just there goal of killing Mishima .....

Cast List:
Luke Goss ... Steve Fox
Holly Marie Combs ... Michelle Chang
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa ... Heihachi Mishima
Chiaki Kuriyama ... Ling Xiaoyu
Mircea Monroe ... Kara
Jon Foo ... Jin Kazama
Darrin Dewitt Henson ... Raven
Cung Le ... Marshall Law
Gary Daniels ... Bryan Fury
Lateef Crowder ... Eddy Gordo
Kelly Overton ... Christie Monteiro
Ian Anthony Dale ... Kazuya
Candice Hillebrand ... Nina Williams (as Candicé Hillebrand)
Gary Ray Stearns ... Yoshimitsu
Marian Zapico ... Anna Williams

Looking at the photos of the case some of them do bear a slight resemblence to the actual Charather, im expected good things from this
smile.gif

Hmm...might be worth you reviewing it mate. I hope it's not gonna end up as another crappy fight sim-to movie transfer like Streetfighter and Mortal Kombat were

AWESOME..........I'm looking forward to this.
biggrin.gif

Premier: 7th August 2009 (can't wait!! XD
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
)

how are people like Paul or Hworang missing, and yet they have CHRISTIE in there!?
:mad:

It's enough with Eddie.

I smell cheap fanservice on that call T_T

Ok... ok... Is It Me... or does the actresses picked for these roles... look "nothing" like the people they are planning to portray?

I did a google search on a whim and I'm not seeing and of the characters in game relating to the actresses picked. I'm sensing a cheap knock-off as well. On the whim that it turns out good, I'll wait for people on here to acknowledge it first. xD ... IF it gets rave review from some of my fellow sempais and kouhais... then I might really consider it! Until then, I guess that it's time to hope that it doesn't go the way of the American "Jean Claude Van-Dumb" version of SF. o_o;

if it's any consolation, most of the actors are actual martial artists, or have some form of solid martial arts/stuntman background

If anything, at least they didnt **** it up as bad as the people who did the new Street Fighter movie. I mean, come on... those fools cast TABOO (the jittery one from Black Eyed Peas) to play Vega. Can't get any worse than that right?

QUOTE (damienstryker @ Jan 18 2009, 09:21 PM) it gets rave review from some of my fellow sempais and kouhais... then I might really consider it!
I may not be a Sempai or Kouhai, but does it count if i reveiw it and give it a good one?

Yeah, most of the Actors in this at least have some form or Martial Arts, or have worked on something Martial Arts related, so in theory the fight scenses shouldnt be a total wash out
smile.gif

But as a big DB/DBZ (i dont aknowlege DBGT) as i am, im looking forward to this movie more though, mainly since i absolutly adore the games, but parlty because from what ive seen and read of the DB one its looks like it will be a total flop............

All though there is a part of me thats expecting this film to go lo=ike the SF, MK (THOSES MK FILMS WERE BLASHPHEMY!) films and suck, but im openminded so ill sit and wait
smile.gif

Hiasubi as a Team member I think you automatically count as a sempais
tongue.gif

Another think to check for quality of the combat I think yould be the choreographer if the choreographer is good then that's another good sign.

QUOTE (Gustav1976 @ Jan 22 2009, 01:04 PM) Hiasubi as a Team member I think you automatically count as a sempais
tongue.gif

Another think to check for quality of the combat I think yould be the choreographer if the choreographer is good then that's another good sign.
True true well here is the Production crew list:

Produced by
Benedict Carver .... producer
Iddo Lampton Enochs Jr. .... co-producer
Scott Karol .... executive producer
Carsten H.W. Lorenz .... executive producer
Monica Mal .... assistant producer
Steven Paul .... producer
Kim H. Winther .... co-producer

Cinematography by
Brian J. Reynolds

Special Effects by
Jack Lynch .... special effects coordinator
Richard E. Perry .... special effects foreman
Bob Trevino .... special effects foreman
Jeffery D. Woodrel .... special effects technician

Visual Effects by
Jeffrey Benoit .... pre-visualization artist
Annemarie Griggs .... visual effects producer

I dont recognise any names, most have done bits here bits there, nothing definitive to show that this film could be good.

I just hope they stay faithful to the games myself though, which based on the Plot Summaries does seem possible
smile.gif

Hmm I think this movie will fail, hope it doesnt though. MK3 is also being slated for a release and in the end, I doubt Tekken can top it. Well have to wait and see how they portray the story.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back