The forums are dead, and we gotta fix this!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I used to watch like 4-5 shows each season a couple years ago. Nows it only 1(and I started coming here less), and generally, theres not much to talk about, about the 1 show I watch(plus University is like..throwing projects at us).

Although, when the next Gundam or something comes out, I'll be more...active, I guess.

I think having like, new topics every week(like having a topic of the week in the Thoughtful section, about a unique news story or something we can all share our opinions about), or even....

We could all try to work together on making something or other(like a small project(ie, a game or even minisode).

IMHO, the main problem with events like DAH or Karaoke Monster is that daft-san has to be there to administer them, which makes those kinds of events rare and hard to administer, since there's only one of him.
dry.gif
Having volunteers stand in for those kinds of positions would be a good idea.

QUOTE (Noshi @ Nov 28 2009, 06:58 PM) Lol back in the days you could earn kudo points by singing karaoke or winning anime trivia's on teamspeak xD At least that's how I earned my few kudo points haha
Too bad nothing happened with it afterwards. We were able to do stuff with it and spend them on stuff but I forgot what xD
To my knowledge, kudo points has never existed in FTV. From time to time the term "x amount of kudo points given to person y" used on teamspeak; that is true. But it was just a way for some people to express their appreciation and nothing more.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Neither event requires daft per se. It's just that DAH's are more fun when Daft is the one picking the animes (He's got a good taste, I'll give him that.) and Karaokes are usually fun when people are actually singing. Now I don't really know about how karakoes are now on KM, but before there only used to be 2 signers on TS, Daft and Doof (and sometimes someone else whose name I've forgotten. All I know is that I used to pick [whats new eh?] on him/her). So if you want the Karaoke part going you either need to be a good singer or know a few good singers that are willing to sing for a few hours.

QUOTE (malfion @ Nov 28 2009, 10:51 PM)I used to watch like 4-5 shows each season a couple years ago. Nows it only 1(and I started coming here less), and generally, theres not much to talk about, about the 1 show I watch(plus University is like..throwing projects at us).

Although, when the next Gundam or something comes out, I'll be more...active, I guess.

I think having like, new topics every week(like having a topic of the week in the Thoughtful section, about a unique news story or something we can all share our opinions about), or even....

We could all try to work together on making something or other(like a small project(ie, a game or even minisode).

Glad you posted your concerns/ideas/whatever..
wink.gif

Maybe you could try getting into another series? Something besides gundam? I stopped watching gundam like.. 10 years ago.. but I dont think theyll be making anymore.. Idk. I tend to stick with Naruto and Bleach, but theres a ton of amazing Anime. Like here, theres one called: Nagasarete Airantou. Its a 28 episdoe series about a guy who gets stranded on like.. an island similar to the one the Amazonian warriors lived on, excpet these chicks dont cut their breasts off.
wink.gif
So its like... 500 chicks and 1 guy and theyre all practically in love with him, and its quite funny. You never know until you try.
smile.gif

As for the thoughtful section, dont be shy! If theres a news event you want to talk about, post it! Just make a topic, but of course make sure you follow the rules.
tongue.gif
The thoughtful section is for you for you to talk about controversial or even interesting issues that appeal to you and many others out there with similar interests. I mean, I try and post in different Thoughtful Section topics just to get conversation going, and Ive created like.. 4 topics myself.. My most recent is about Nihilism. Check it out, and see if theres something you'd like to post. -----> Nihilism (Thoughtful Section)

The last one.. Im not sure. We're kinda trying to get one particular thing going first.. but from what I've learned.. daft doesnt seem to have a lot of time on his hands and whatever free time he does have goes into to maintaining the site. Unless someone besides daft had the authority to lead that kind of project.. I dont see it happening.. But maybe daft will like the idea and decide to go for it. Who knows..
smile.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Nov 28 2009, 10:55 PM)IMHO, the main problem with events like DAH or Karaoke Monster is that daft-san has to be there to administer them, which makes those kinds of events rare and hard to administer, since there's only one of him. Having volunteers stand in for those kinds of positions would be a good idea.

But would daft really give authority to someone like that? I mean I dont know him very well, and dont mean to make judgments, but idk if he'd actually let someone else lead.. and.. it might eventually led to small pointless quarrels amongst ourselves.. >.< Although, you were.. well, completely right. I think that is a big issue, and.. we do need to figure out a way to fix that..

And noob, to be honest.. I first learned about DAH when someone posted it in this thread.. so.. I cant really say anything.. except for what I said up there ^ ....
tongue.gif

Just a note on the projects idea, FTV currently has several projects running already, Webzine (makes a quarterly magazine), FTV-Subs (FTV's Fansub group), Scanlation (manga translation) and theres probably more I dont know of - these dont actually require you to be a mod or even a Sempai to join, and i know that all 3 of those I just listed need more people.

But if you have an idea for a new project, theres no reason why you cant do it - just get a group of people together, plan it out a bit, and if you want it to be an FTV project then get some mods / sempais involved and ask for what you need. If its something good that people will like or will be a good addon for FTV, i'm sure it will get considered. I'm currently working on an idea for an original manga, so if you have a project you want to start, first step is to find people to help.

Ok heres an idea I literally just thought of, how about a projects page? Something that lists the current FTV projects, the main team and a link to the blog/forum thread etc? Or maybe a pinned thread in the forum, maybe in the anime related projects section or something?

QUOTE (Maiku_Ando @ Nov 29 2009, 10:14 PM) Just a note on the projects idea, FTV currently has several projects running already, Webzine (makes a quarterly magazine), FTV-Subs (FTV's Fansub group), Scanlation (manga translation) and theres probably more I dont know of - these dont actually require you to be a mod or even a Sempai to join, and i know that all 3 of those I just listed need more people.

But if you have an idea for a new project, theres no reason why you cant do it - just get a group of people together, plan it out a bit, and if you want it to be an FTV project then get some mods / sempais involved and ask for what you need. If its something good that people will like or will be a good addon for FTV, i'm sure it will get considered. I'm currently working on an idea for an original manga, so if you have a project you want to start, first step is to find people to help.

Ok heres an idea I literally just thought of, how about a projects page? Something that lists the current FTV projects, the main team and a link to the blog/forum thread etc? Or maybe a pinned thread in the forum, maybe in the anime related projects section or something?
Although the scanlation is more dead and not just in need of more people. It needs a revival/reinventing if you want to call it a FTV project.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Nov 30 2009, 02:29 AM) Although the scanlation is more dead and not just in need of more people. It needs a revival/reinventing if you want to call it a FTV project.
Well actually that might already be in progress, not for definate or anything and it depends on Sam, but I figured still worth a mention as an example.

Speaking of J-Zine, I read issue 5 today.
It was pretty interesting, and it got me back into Inuyasha.. xD
And as I was reading.. I was thinking.. of what we could add to the webzine..
Now, you may think this is stupid.. and it may even be pointless to do this.. but.. I dont know what point Im trying to make here..
Anyways! I was thinking about an advice column being added to it.
What do you guys think? I dont know how much popularity it would have.. but we could try it... and I'd love to be the columnist for it.
smile.gif

I've been my schools advice columnist for quite some time.. and I even had my own column in a local newspaper.
I know advice columns seem kinda.. newspaper-ish.. but Ive seen plenty of magazines with em..
Just a thought..

The forums died while I was buried under a mountain of work? *cries* Oh ... wait ... what's this apparent proof of life thread I'm currently reading and posting in then?
blink.gif
Anyway ... currently have my life back ... guess this thread stands as a call to posting action.
tongue.gif
I shall do my best to do my part.

Daft's anime hour ... good times! ^.^ Streaming via VLC Daft brought fun new anime to my attention and Noob introduced me to horror.
laugh.gif

Dear TeamSpeak ... my old friend ... must lurk there again.

Oooh! The FTV blogs. My poor blog! Might post some Christmas recordings if I get time next week.

If you listen very carefully you'll hear the steady beating of our community's heart. The forums didn't die they just went into a temporary hibernation phase.

Did someone say something about deleting posts? Must get back into that too ... "Move 'em on, head 'em up, Head 'em up, move 'em out ..."

QUOTE (koiji @ Nov 30 2009, 04:22 AM)Speaking of J-Zine, I read issue 5 today.
It was pretty interesting, and it got me back into Inuyasha.. xD
And as I was reading.. I was thinking.. of what we could add to the webzine.. <CUT>
Glad to hear yo liked issue 5, and your idea sounds interesting, however to go any further we'd need to have a discussion on it, and it would be off topic in this thread. Therefore lets continue this over in this thread.

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Nov 30 2009, 08:36 AM)If you listen very carefully you'll hear the steady beating of our community's heart. The forums didn't die they just went into a temporary hibernation phase.
I like that, makes me think of the forums like some big dozing bear or a sleepy dog or something. Maybe by a nice warm log fire. It looks as if an earthquake wouldn't move him, but you drop a bit of bacon or a sausage and its gone in 10 seconds lol.

I guess the only real effective way of making the forums not dead is for us to create discussion. I like to think that I'm playing my part by finishing off series and catching up on the current on-going ones. If more of us post more and more, eventually the atmosphere will change in the forums and might attract the lurkers to become more active members of the community.
rolleyes.gif

Of course, when I mean post more and discuss more......I mean post stuff that is always on-topic and not SPAM.
wink.gif

QUOTE (KiingBee @ Dec 05 2009, 03:45 PM) Maybe when Kyoani release another series, we'll be hyped up to discuss.. lol, you know what i mean
tongue.gif

KyoAni......I've lost repect for this studio plus it was never on my top 5 anime studios in the first place.....I generally don't bother with their series apart from Haruhi but I heard what they did this year was awful.....with the Endless Eight crap.
dry.gif

HYPE.....Durarara!! and Okami Kakushi will give us that right at the beginning of the year.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Dec 05 2009, 10:42 AM) HYPE.....Durarara!! and Okami Kakushi will give us that right at the beginning of the year.
tongue.gif

off topic, but don't give Ookami Kakushi too much high expectations. It's being done by AIC, a partner of Gonzo, and not Studio Deen, which means that bad things may happen to this series despite being an 07th Expansion work.

QUOTE (KiingBee @ Dec 05 2009, 08:45 AM)Maybe when Kyoani release another series, we'll be hyped up to discuss.. lol, you know what i mean
I don't see how another KyoAni work would revitalize the forum. As JCD said, most people in fact have lost respect for KyoAni due to their recent trolling for various things, especially Haruhi. KyoAni's bubble has burst. It started out mediocre in the early 2000, worked its way up in the mid, and now at the end of the decade, I think they're ready to kick the bucket.

Maybe the forums are dead because mods edit people's words for them.
Even when nothing vulgar or whatever is said.
At least just delete a post, editing out half of someone's point is...

INFURIATING

QUOTE (mosque @ Jun 06 2010, 02:38 PM) Maybe the forums are dead because mods edit people's words for them.
Even when nothing vulgar or whatever is said.
At least just delete a post, editing out half of someone's point is...

INFURIATING
That looks like some personal vendetta.... mine never get editted
biggrin.gif

Mod Note: O'rly?
laugh.gif

It's porbably because there are some people that just post one-liners that don't help with the discussion that they may be deleted. In any case I don't think that is the problem. The problem is that people think this is a -chan board and can post whatever they want without any consiquence. Although what you post is what your take is on an idea, but it has to be civil since this is an all ages forum.

I don't know who these some people are.

Whoever edited away half of my post is completely lame.

QUOTE Although what you post is what your take is on an idea

It isn't your take on an idea when it gets changed and left there. It's some mod's take on your idea.

It wasn't a one liner that got deleted, that would be cool.

Half of what I said was taken out, and the other half left, making me look like.. a donkey.

No one thinks this is 4chan and no one is being uncivilized except some moderator who thinks they can change what people said without consequence.

-edit- for a hint: the consequence is that people leave.

Well the only thing I can think of is you annoyed one of the MODs in some way shame or form for one of them to even do something this petty. And it was only on the Relationship Thread or was it anywere else as well?

Besides if I eidt someone's postings I let them know that I was the one who edited it of course incase there is a misunderstanding like this now.

I can kinda get you are upset, but are you really sure a mod edited it and you didn't select a part per accident and posted it without it?
I wonder who edited though, you seem to blame it on all the mods now, but if it's that certain one, you could talk to him/her about it. if only that mod left a note/name
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back