The Magicians Of Love

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

samthebear

-sama
Sempai
The Magicians Of Love aka 'Ai Qing Mo Fa Shi'
magician3oj.jpg

22 episodes all subbed
Genre: Romance, comedy

Synopsis:
Three top hairstylists in town, Artz (Matt Lin, aka Ming Dao), Richie (Sam Wang), and Fernando (Jacky Chu) opens the "Neo-Image Hair Salon" just opposite to the traditional barber's shop run by Little Bei aka  Bei Ruo Yi (Joanne Tseng) and her father. The new "Neo-Image Hair Salon" is also a big blow to Ming (Ehlo Huang), apprentice of Little Bei's father who always claims to be Little Bei's boyfriend. Worse still, Little Bei becomes attracted to the charismatic top hairstylists, especially Artz and Richie. What will become the future of Little Bei's shop - and her love life - in this highly entertaining romantic TV drama --- taken from Silent Regrets

A quirky kind of Cinderella story feel only this time with a pair of sicssors (in replacement for glass slippers) and 3 charming princes! not exactly rags to riches but the glamourous life is still enticing as ever and as per-usual Cinderella (in this case Bei Ruo Yi) dreams to join them in the elite class of hairdressing.
This stars the handsome boys from Taiwanese boy group 183 Club and beautiful young actress Joanne Tseng (playing Bei Ruo Yi).
great stuff to watch when insanely bored or feel like a hit of some drama cheese
tongue.gif
i however do not recomend you try to watch it all in one sitting... you might get either 1) sick of the cheesiness or 2) get bored. watching in moderation is the key here people! Enjoy!

I love how dramas can grab some profession or skill-- in this case, hair styling-- and try to make it seem like it means sooo much moooore than what it seems to be on the surface. Anyway, I've been watching this series for the last... *thinking* ...year and a half? No, seriously, I started watching it at least that long ago, and I've still got 3 episodes left to go (out of 22). Like sam said (can I call you sam?), small doses. I haven't see a lot of Taiwanese dramas, but somehow... they are less compelling for me, compared to the J- and K-dramas. I don't know if it's the lower resolution of the fansubbed videos I've got, or the cheesy sound effects added for comic effect, or the over-the-top antics, or the sometimes incredibly-strained plotlines... but maybe sometime this winter I'll get snowed in and I'll finish this one. Wow-- not a rousing endorsement, is it? *tries to think of something more positive to say* Um... the boys are handsome. And there are genuinely funny moments.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back