Theories about what ever

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Hiasubi

-Snuggle Bunny
Retired
After talking to a few people last night, i realised that we all have our own opinions about something and then from that have formed theorys, correct?

So this thread is to simply the theorys any of us have
smile.gif

Here was my latest theory:

Homework is fun to have (Note this theory will jt apply to all)

Homework can never be fun to do, but Homework can be fun to have, why you may all ask?

Well usualy when people do homework they sit down all prepared to toil away, but then you get distracted by something (99% of the time) a heck of alot more fun and enjoyable, so you do the fun things in life and the leave you homework or reports of to gather dust. All because you went for the happier route of life.

So then you start to look forward to having Homework because you will usualy get distracted by happiness,

Hence having Homework is fun

Legal Note: I am well aware this theory isnt full proof and will be subject to change as it gets improved thank you

Well I have an idea I've been pondering since Christmas Eve. I noticed that it was a full moon or almost one. Then it hit me. Why hadn't I thought of it before? Santa has some sort of gift canon on the moon. Seriously it explains how his existence is possible and how he could deliver those gifts. Plus a gift canon is soooooo much cooler than a sleigh and reindeer.

Think about it. How could a man deliver gifts to all the good Christian children of the world in one night? By launching them from a natural satellite thats spewing gifts as it orbits. Since if he flew a sleigh the speed he would have to travel at would create a sonic boom so loud it would wake everybody on the planet I think the numbers for orbital gift canon can be crunched a lot easier.

In all honesty if I have kids I'm indoctrinating them with my gift canon theory.

QUOTE (smokie @ Jan 03 2008, 11:46 PM)Well I have an idea I've been pondering since Christmas Eve. I noticed that it was a full moon or almost one. Then it hit me. Why hadn't I thought of it before? Santa has some sort of gift canon on the moon. Seriously it explains how his existence is possible and how he could deliver those gifts. Plus a gift canon is soooooo much cooler than a sleigh and reindeer.

Think about it. How could a man deliver gifts to all the good Christian children of the world in one night? By launching them from a natural satellite thats spewing gifts as it orbits. Since if he flew a sleigh the speed he would have to travel at would create a sonic boom so loud it would wake everybody on the planet I think the numbers for orbital gift canon can be crunched a lot easier.

In all honesty if I have kids I'm indoctrinating them with my gift canon theory.

That theory is genius. It works too since the same side of the moon is always facing earth thus allowing a cannon placed in a certain position on the moon to cover the whole globe. The only problem might be that it takes 27 or so days for the moon to circle earth.

Even with that slight flaw your theory is absolute genius. Indoctrinate away
smile.gif

I just came up with the theory that all masochists go to heaven. Think about it. Masochism isn't exactly the way to stick to the straight-and-narrow path, but you can't just send a Masochist to hell now, can you? They'd love it there. Therefore, they'd have to be sent to heaven, and suffer from eternal happiness! I'm telling you, masochists have it made!

lol

hahahhahahahhha, i like that theory, but i'm sure there are ways to torture people without physically hurting them. you know physical pain goes away, but mental pains are forever......

I have a theory about evolution lol which has been used already in Eureka 7 sort of and in books. Basically, as we progress through time, Humans will obtain great power and develop weapons of greater mass destruction and end up wiping out everything on Earth in World War 3 or something which will cause most species to be extinct, and most Humans to be gone. As a result from the war, the Earth will be able to heal itself since Humans which are extinct wont be able to pollute it anymore. And it is likely that some humans survived the war right (bomb shelters) so they will repopulate the Earth with Humans again and go through all the historical periods rebuilding from scratch until we reach the age we are in today, then we'll go through the whole process again and again lol Well I know this theory has many holes in it, but that's sort of what I thinkXD

We basically evolved from monkeys to Humans, developed weapons that wiped us out, allowed Earth to heal from our pollution, then the Humans that survived repopulated Earth, rebuild the planet and reach the age where they wipe eachother out again with weapons of mass destruction and so the cycle continues. It would make sense too since it explains how the Egyptions were so smart and made the PyramidsXD And how such beatuful monuments were made back in the day.

This theory also explains the meaing of life: "We can't all get along"
laugh.gif

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Jan 04 2008, 04:23 PM) I have a theory about evolution lol which has been used already in Eureka 7 sort of and in books. Basically, as we progress through time, Humans will obtain great power and develop weapons of greater mass destruction and end up wiping out everything on Earth in World War 3 or something which will cause most species to be extinct, and most Humans to be gone. As a result from the war, the Earth will be able to heal itself since Humans which are extinct wont be able to pollute it anymore. And it is likely that some humans survived the war right (bomb shelters) so they will repopulate the Earth with Humans again and go through all the historical periods rebuilding from scratch until we reach the age we are in today, then we'll go through the whole process again and again lol Well I know this theory has many holes in it, but that's sort of what I thinkXD

We basically evolved from monkeys to Humans, developed weapons that wiped us out, allowed Earth to heal from our pollution, then the Humans that survived repopulated Earth, rebuild the planet and reach the age where they wipe eachother out again with weapons of mass destruction and so the cycle continues. It would make sense too since it explains how the Egyptions were so smart and made the PyramidsXD And how such beatuful monuments were made back in the day.

laugh.gif

Like Einstein said "I don't know what weapons World War 3 will be fought with but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

I agree with you that this will happen in the future but I don't think its already happened. I mean we can build a civilization in a few thousand years but it takes millions upon millions of years for the Earth to form fossil fuels that a civilization comparable to ours in the past would have used.

Read S.M. Stirling's "Change" books. They present and interesting view of a post high technology world although it wasn't caused by any sort of bomb.

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Jan 04 2008, 02:23 PM) I have a theory about evolution lol which has been used already in Eureka 7 sort of and in books. Basically, as we progress through time, Humans will obtain great power and develop weapons of greater mass destruction and end up wiping out everything on Earth in World War 3 or something which will cause most species to be extinct, and most Humans to be gone. As a result from the war, the Earth will be able to heal itself since Humans which are extinct wont be able to pollute it anymore. And it is likely that some humans survived the war right (bomb shelters) so they will repopulate the Earth with Humans again and go through all the historical periods rebuilding from scratch until we reach the age we are in today, then we'll go through the whole process again and again lol Well I know this theory has many holes in it, but that's sort of what I thinkXD

laugh.gif

Well, that's a very likely possibility. I think I heard once that it would take 59 strategically placed nukes to completely destroy the world as we know it. And what, how many hundreds of nukes are there? How many different countries have them? How hard would it be for one total nut with a motive to launch a few dozen bombs without warning? How many dozens of time in the cold war were their close-calls in which nukes were almost launched? It pretty crazy once you learn about it all. If you'd learn about the new military weaponry being developed, heck! It's totally insane.

...but on the other hand, it's possible that mankind could evolve to a point in which tools of mass destruction are seen as unneeded, unwanted, and unbuilt. We just might turn into those super-advanced, sentient, uber-peaceful beings you here so much about in sci-fi these days.

Practice makes perfect but nobody's Perfect so why practice?
Here, the 1st "perfect" means Self-satisfaction type of perfect. it was shortened for rhetoric purposes.
And nobody's perfect implies to Perfect in every aspect, which cannot exist due to being matter of point of view. i don't know why people constantly collide these two completely different ideas to contradict each other....

Anyways my theory is:
Abnormality is closest to sanity
Insanity is furthest to normality

QUOTE (EggBeast @ Jan 04 2008, 10:03 PM) Well, that's a very likely possibility. I think I heard once that it would take 59 strategically placed nukes to completely destroy the world as we know it. And what, how many hundreds of nukes are there? How many different countries have them? How hard would it be for one total nut with a motive to launch a few dozen bombs without warning? How many dozens of time in the cold war were their close-calls in which nukes were almost launched? It pretty crazy once you learn about it all. If you'd learn about the new military weaponry being developed, heck! It's totally insane.

...but on the other hand, it's possible that mankind could evolve to a point in which tools of mass destruction are seen as unneeded, unwanted, and unbuilt. We just might turn into those super-advanced, sentient, uber-peaceful beings you here so much about in sci-fi these days.
To tell you the truth, from what I've learned, it would only take around 20 military-scale nuclear bombs, released in a time period of 1-3 years, to cause a mass extinction of earth's living creatures. The reason behind this is not because of the direct damage of each bomb, but the long lasting after effects of all of them combined. As each bomb drops, it releases an unimaginable amount of smoke, dust and radiation into the sky. If 20 of these were to drop within the time of 1-3 years, the fallout would be enough to put the entire world into a nuclear winter. Virtually all of the Sun's energy would be blocked by this barrier of airborne nuclear waste. Depending on the location, temperatures could drop anywhere from 10°C to 22°C. Precipitation would drop 75%. The first organisms to go would be sensitive airborn bacteria. Then plants. From then on would be a systematic extinction of all other creatures based on their place on the ecological food chain.

I don't know if that makes it more unsettling, but the fact that so many nations, namely the USA and Russia, have enough nuclear warfare to destroy the world dozens of times over makes me wonder how much of an intelligent creature we humans are.

Also, about that evolution theory....personally, evolution into sentient, ideally peaceful beings is unthinkable. Conflict goes hand in hand with peace. It is one of the things that is certain in this world. Constant struggle and conflict eventually leads to peace and renewal, after all of the destruction. If we evolved into beings that had no need for conflict, we would be at the end of evolution. That, to me would be the extinction of our kind.
lol it could just be me being a pessimist. After all I am only a low life 18 year old kid that was stupid enough to miss out on two terms of college already

Life truly IS entirely meaningless. All we are are entities of pure energy. Just like everything else in the entire universe. Nothing we can say, do, think, believe, will change this in any way. Get used to the fact that you are worthless and your irrational concept of 'self will' and 'independence' are merely myths purported to keep you buying.

E=mc^2 means a whole lot more than you may ever understand.

If you ask me, all E=Mc^2 means is that not only can mass be converted to energy (and vice-versa) but also that everything has both particle and wave properties. That said, there's a chance that, if you run at a wall enough times, eventually you'll end up walking right through it, you just have to time it so that your wave function exactly correspond's to the wall's wave function.
I don't see how it could possibly prevent us from possesing self will or independence. In fact, if you look at life from a purely scientifical standpoint, EVERYTHING supports complete freedom, free-will and independence within the physical laws that govern the universe. Further, every action, regardless of how small, greatly offects the whole. So do whatever you want, just try not to blow up some random star by tapping your desk one too many times...

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Jan 04 2008, 03:23 PM) I have a theory about evolution lol which has been used already in Eureka 7 sort of and in books. Basically, as we progress through time, Humans will obtain great power and develop weapons of greater mass destruction and end up wiping out everything on Earth in World War 3 or something which will cause most species to be extinct, and most Humans to be gone. As a result from the war, the Earth will be able to heal itself since Humans which are extinct wont be able to pollute it anymore. And it is likely that some humans survived the war right (bomb shelters) so they will repopulate the Earth with Humans again and go through all the historical periods rebuilding from scratch until we reach the age we are in today, then we'll go through the whole process again and again lol Well I know this theory has many holes in it, but that's sort of what I thinkXD

laugh.gif

Well if we continue as we have until now using up the world resources it's just a matter of time until we are way too many humans on a limited area and then you have water, fossil fuels the ocean lvl raising.

If you look at it in a perspective nations always fight for their own survival thus for your nation to survive another nation might have those resources needed. Even though im a pessimist about a lot of things i doubt there will ever be a nuclear wepon launched by a country. Simple fact is that if you launch one you can wait a few more to be returned back your way and we all want to survive. Only other possibility as i see it if extremists get a hold on some nukes then things might get outta control but in normal wars one would want to attain the natural resources and not to destroy them or pollute.

World War 3 won't be happening in our life time but could very well be due to our childrens era however i doubt it will wipe out the earths life it will prolly cause a lot of ppl to die but that's how the earths natural system gets rid of us humans there is no other way now that we have medicine in such a high degree almost no one dies from sickness or plauge. even though we would want everyone to live it's impossible, now it's very hypocritical that someone from the west like me to be writing this because in reality only the poor contries ppl die without any cause. Eventually we will run out off resources and force ourselves on to lesser develped contries. That's my theory at least.

I woudn't want to live when that happens tho cause ,an stoops to low levels when his survival is at stake and pretty much discards humanity for survival that's the way it's been so far and i can't really see it turning unless science can save us from it and we can cultivate the moon or mars perhaps. That would be cool
smile.gif

Anyway didn't really tink i would write this much but it's an intressting thing to think about at least to me.

QUOTE I don't see how it could possibly prevent us from possesing self will or independence. In fact, if you look at life from a purely scientifical standpoint, EVERYTHING supports complete freedom, free-will and independence within the physical laws that govern the universe. Further, every action, regardless of how small, greatly offects the whole. So do whatever you want, just try not to blow up some random star by tapping your desk one too many times...

This isn't true if time travel were possible...

My point is, if one can travel to the future, then that means we have a predetermined fate.

Let's put it this way, if i travel to the future and find out that i died on Feb. 4, it's destined that i die on Feb. 4.

Ah but wait, they say time is not linear.

Then let's say i found out how i died on Feb. 4 and when i came back to my time i managed to avoid it. If i go to the future i find out that i'm still alive. That doesn't mean that i "defeated fate or avoided a predetermined event". It means that my fate wasn't that of me dying on Feb. 4, but me finding out i will die and avoding it. It means that there is an infinite number of possible futures for me, without a given set of variables limiting it. That means there's an infinite amount of me's in the universe and an infinite amount of futures of me.

Well i may have explained this, but in reality i do think that there is no future and that time is linear. I do not believe in fate, i believe that time is nothing but the human perception of change in his surroundings. Animals' body clocks don't work as a response to time, it works as a response to the changes in its environment, a bear hibernates because the environment changed, and we humans are the ones who attributed that a bear hibernates because it is "time" to.

That said, i think time has no start and no end, since change has no start and no end. In a way it is plausible to think so since if there were no change in the universe, then we wouldn't have come to existence. Heck even free floating particles prove that there is change.

WTH these ramblings of mine are highly unsupported by scientific bases.

Anyway anybody read "The Library of Babel" before?

If I knew time travel was possible I would do what that guy did did in Back to the Future 2. Get some book on sports events, collect lottery numbers and go back in time. I would become richer than Bill Gates in no time! This is actually a reason why I think time travel is impossible. I'm sure someone else would have thought of this idea and would have done it themselves. Such a thing would be so unprecedented it would attract world wide attention. Imagine a person winning the lottery four times in a row only to bet all of it on some ridiculous sporting event(e.g. Alonso scoring from the half-way in a football- it did actually happen!) they would end up with billions of pounds. Incidentally someone did actually make a £200 bet on that event occurring and got £20,000 ($40,000).

Well, if you were smart, you'd get a lotto number, win that, then use the winnings to bet on some sport event. Use those winnings to bet on a different sport event, so on and so forth. You won the lotto once, not a big deal, it happens. Win a few bets, people don't notice, especially if they are bets dealing with many different sports, and on things that aren't TOTALLY unique (like, bet that so-and-so will make x-amount of touchdowns this game, not that so-and-so will make a kick from some unprecedented amount of yards away).

Either way, I don't believe in time travel, and if you follow Einstein (which I assume you are since the idea started over E=Mc^2) then according to him, time travel is impossible, though relative time does exist.

The world or such countries will not end anytime soon. Why? We aren't smart enough for god to nuke us. In the past, rumors of Atlantis was said to have such high technology that they were going to soon discover the pathway to heaven. God doesn't see us searching a way to heaven anytime soon therefore he won't nuke us like he did Atlantis. Right now, in his thought...as well as ours, the world is practically killing smartness slowly. One by one the intelligence will fall. Maybe god doesn't want anyone to see what he truly looks like? If we were smart and decided to follow Atlantis path and have gigantic beam canons and such advance technology, I'm pretty sure we would be in the sea by now.
Yes. I know. I am strange.
biggrin.gif

Thinking about it time-travel is possible (in a way). If one approaches the speed of light time will slow down for the person travel e.g. one second for the person travelling is actually three seconds for the person who is stationary. If I remember correctly this is called time dilation. Some astronauts who have spent prolonged period (year+) in space have actually time travelled by about 0.8 seconds (something around that mark its under a second). Travelling back in time is more difficult because to pull that one off one would have to travel faster than the speed of light which in theory is impossible (but not impossible in my eyes)! This concept is actually touched upon in the anime series Soukou no Strain.

Like dchaosblade said I wouldn't make my betting so obvious (its not good to gain too much attention). I would win some lotto game which had a massive roll over and make small bets here and there. To cover my identity, I would probably have to lease with myself first and use his/my passport for ID before making the bets. It'll probably be a laugh as well! In any case IF (and that's a very big if) time travel does happen its not going to happen in our lifetime.

QUOTE Thinking about it time-travel is possible (in a way). If one approaches the speed of light time will slow down for the person travel e.g. one second for the person travelling is actually three seconds for the person who is stationary. If I remember correctly this is called time dilation. Some astronauts who have spent prolonged period (year+) in space have actually time travelled by about 0.8 seconds (something around that mark its under a second). Travelling back in time is more difficult because to pull that one off one would have to travel faster than the speed of light which in theory is impossible (but not impossible in my eyes)! This concept is actually touched upon in the anime series Soukou no Strain.

I don't believe a human travelling near speed of light is possible, let alone mach 15 speed. Think of the g force.

Also, since i did correlate time and change, i think for one to time travel to the past, one must destroy the current present. That one must undo the changes that had happened, like a film rewinding. The difference is, if that person does indeed travel to the past, he cannot go back to the present that he/she departed from. So it's like going back to square one.

That's my belief at least.

As far as i'm concerned with light speed travel. Let's say a person travels to a star one lightyear away at the speed of light, that would take him/her one year to reach that star obviously. If time dilation is true, not the gravitational one, it would imply that it would take less than one year for that person to reach a star one lightyear from the earth at the speed of light. That doesn't make sense now. I mean, if it takes less than one year for a person who travels at the speed of light to reach a star one lightyear away, then that means either that star isn't one lightyear away or that person is travelling faster than the speed of light. But we all know that the speed of light dictated by science is very accurate right? Then if that part about the person travelling at the speed of light were true, then that means light travels faster than we think it does. This is why i still can't believe in the possiblity or even the plausibility of time travel.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back