Threshold Avalon

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (basione @ Oct 14 2006, 03:47 AM) I must refuse the fact that she is Tsuruya. Only the hair looks alike.
This is completely unrelated to the topic, but I'll reply anyways. It is Tsuruya ... check out the sleeve on the arm of the fanart, and check out the sleeve of the official art in my avatar. Same dress design. The image is not by the official artists, that's why it's not exactly like anime-Tsuruya (they were also probably going for something more ecchi ... my guess is this is from a doujinshi)

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Oct 14 2006, 02:35 PM) This is completely unrelated to the topic, but I'll reply anyways. It is Tsuruya ... check out the sleeve on the arm of the fanart, and check out the sleeve of the official art in my avatar. Same dress design. The image is not by the official artists, that's why it's not exactly like anime-Tsuruya (they were also probably going for something more ecchi ... my guess is this is from a doujinshi)
Again, off topic, the doujinshi you are talking about might be this:
http://kawaiiheavens.net/xharuhi.php?z=subcategory&id=6

QUOTE (basione @ Oct 15 2006, 12:12 PM) (Off-topic) Well, I kind of see a little resemblance. Very deceiving picture
smile.gif

This post will be the end of the off-topic discussion.

This thread is to discuss the Threshold Avalon project. Please create a new thread in the miscelanous section to discuss the origine of the character used in the teaser banner.

I was wondering if you ever considered an anime exclusive "stumble" site or program? Its along the lines of peer submitted and reviewed sites, the "program" picks about 5 at random and submits them to you for browsing and eventual review.

As for 'Threshold Anime' I would sure like a program that would look at an anime and tell me what codecs, etc, it needs and why I can't play it - for example Kikoushi Enma.
blink.gif

This, of course, is Hamasusuke. I "will" be leading the team on the Threshold Avalon game project that isn't expected to come out so soon.

Well first of all, Threshold Avalon will be a game project that involves a Anime-related RPG Genre. Why so? To bring this specific community together and get closer into being a really populated community. But that's not the main goal. It's all about entertainment, interaction, and, of course, "Otakunism".

For the past few months, ideas, graphics, and soworks have been put together very slowly, but we (mostly daft and I, as well as some contacts) have created images (and spoofs) on what the game would "possibly" look like. Here's one example that is a possible look:

(Ignore the familiarities of the background, it's just a brief example.)

As you can see, it's just simple Graphic artwork. Originally, it looked like this:

(Notes by friends. Gives the idea of changes)

I know, there's not a lot expected. But hell, it's pretty isn't it?

Anyhow, we're still progressing with it. One problem we came up with is "Resources". So far, there's not a lot of people participating in the project, YET. However, once we get over with the game ideas and such and such, we'll start moving lightyears faster. (well.. not lightyears... but figuratively speaking, hell yeah.) Artists is one resources we found problematic for now.

Anyhow, we're just toying around, as usual. but hey, toying around is fun. Even daft does his best toying around:

More updates will come soon, though. However, comments is much appreciated, as we would like to know some more stuffs.

Also, the game might be an angled overhead view perspective, as it is navigational, but probably the graphics and jumping will be a con in the game. As for side perspective, the loss is moving up, down, left, or right. That's where you guys come in. What do you think is best?

laugh.gif
It's looking great Hama.. Great job guys.. It looks like your ideas, creativity,and graphic works have somewhat blended together and are starting to compliment each other.. Graphic tune-ups would definately aid.. "Just fooling around" would help so much more than expected.. Graphics, sound, compilers, scenario, ideas as well as designs (character creating, mapping, etc.) are what makes game creating hard and fun at the same time.. What kind of game is this? Galge in the making?..

woah omg thats some nice work, and i also see im lvl 99 otaku. So is that gonna be my permanent starting lvl when this game is finished in the making
laugh.gif

QUOTE (xcouger @ Jan 28 2007, 02:15 AM) What kind of game is this? Galge in the making?..
No, we're not going into an h-game. I've heard of galge, and i bothered to look into it too. Curiosity kills the cat.

Anyhow, to be brief, the game's going to be your impression on it. That is, however you would like to play it, you can just roam free, as your own character. Like Darkdog's Bokuda! project, your characters will represent you. Your first role, as a player, will basically be to find your place in the world. You can be like a merchant, an otaku, a maid, a samarai, cat, hooker, gigalo, Yazuka... ok enough said. Basically, think of it as an Alternete reality game in an RPG.

We're not so deep in yet to give out more info, but what I can tell you is that the game will be more like the Fansub Boards, only more interactive, more adaptive, and more appealing to play. Think of it as... school. Hell, it's better to talk to friends in person than using IM or e-mail, ye?

QUOTE (wwwwww @ Jan 28 2007, 02:27 AM)woah omg thats some nice work, and i also see im lvl 99 otaku. So is that gonna be my permanent starting lvl when this game is finished in the making .
Don't count on it.

EDIT: here's an example gif. It was really big, and no imagehosts can hold it.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0TLDQWF4

It's me, and I've got news regarding the perspective of this game.

I'm finding it hard to make a good overhead view of the game, let alone keeping the angle the same throughout the whole game when you move around and such. Therefore, the game would most likely be a side view perspective.

Unfortunately, that'll distort the game's uniqueness a bit. To counter that, I'll probably think of something up that makes it look like something new. I'll probably blend some angle to it too (making it look down more over to the body). Nothing similar as maplestory. Either that, or make it a side view and be able to move left, right, up, and down (making everything else zoom in and out). That'd be hell XD.

More updates soon. If you're interested in the project, give me a PM. We'll talk somewhat.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back