Threshold Avalon

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (daft27 @ Oct 01 2006, 10:25 PM) Okay okay, here's the story about this Threshold Avalon thing. I was doing some work for Neko-sama's next portion of the "Threshold Avalon" story last night when I sort of got carried away and one thing led to the next... I somehow ended up with a splashscreen. Now I think it ended up turning into a splashscreen because I was working on an experimental desktop application and I needed a splashscreen to put on it. So because I had these two goals in my mind, I somehow mixed them together and came out with that...

hahahhaa, daft. So that program is just music of the future, you havent even decided yet what you will make it, all there is to it, is the nice pic and "i am not liable for anything at all" stuff. hihihihihihihi this is the same as buying an air refreshener for the car before buying the car itself!!!

By the way, I dont think the web looks girly at all. Well, if you put females anime characters on the front page, it will always look a bit girly, coz the anime girls are cute (unsless you put a lara croft type there).

PS: dont forget your avatar man!!! thats your trademark!

Hmm.. That would mean, A LOT OF TESTING.. lol.

On the plus side, there will be a desktop interface!!! (I'm gonna try to sneak around, help, test it out, then screw around with you guys... muahaha.. jk.)

QUOTE (Bold @ Oct 01 2006, 05:56 PM)
The Threshold Avalon... we are open to suggestions. It will probably be a desktop application...
Desktop application? sounds rather interesting
here are some of my ideas/suggestions...

1) anime based search engine/crawler, (works by searching various anime sites for the specified anime) think copernic or metacrawler
and perhaps the ability to add more anime sites to be searched? so as to increase the chances of finding a specific anime
probably will have to come up with some sort of filter im guessing, so as not to retrieve the wrong stuff

2) anime notification/alerter, (user specifies anime to be monitored and would be notified when a new ep comes out or when some1 goes about uploading more episodes) or/and bakaupdates/anime-source/fansub.tv releases thingy
might be possible using RSS feeds?

3) auto anime downloader, (user specifies anime and eps are immediately dwled when released/added) somewhat like an download manager i suppose
probably will be hard/near impossible seeing as to the fact that different sites have different ways of dwlin not to mention usernames and passwords
might be possible if it is linked to a single site

4) anime P2P (somewhat like napster) seeing that 3) would be rather hard to pull off
admittedly it sounds rather bittorrentish or somewhere along that line anyways
speed would be a question mark i guess...

In any case, doing any of these probably would take alot of effort and testing, so kudos to you guys if u actually managed to make any of them work

Hmm... I think 1 and 2 are the basic idea of the desktop application. As presented by Neko-sama, who also thought about the Threshold Avalon story, it's a good idea as a program in terms of bring you people more!

as for 3 and 4, another team member has been working on that. That's where the FTVCN comes in, where you'll have a client that downloads via p2p.

with the blue colour in the background the picture looks even prettier Daft.... interesting how much can such a simple detail do for the overall look.
PS: is that pic from an anime, or did you create it?

QUOTE (doofus123 @ Oct 03 2006, 02:48 PM) haha this picture indeed is cute!
she looks like Tsuruya from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi).
doofus was right on the money.

Lol, I'm open to whatever ideas that might spark my imagination. I'm just doing random experimental crap with the desktop application right now.

hmm... maybe incorporate the chat function into this? LOL jk.

Daft can't create anime characters. you'll just have to love them hard. lol..

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Oct 03 2006, 06:26 PM) as for 3 and 4, another team member has been working on that. That's where the FTVCN comes in, where you'll have a client that downloads via p2p. Well, not sure if I officially announced FTVCN yet, but now that the cat is out. Most of what you mentionned is the basis of developement for that project. Other projects may later be incorporated.

I also want to add that FTVCN was more of a temporary name! It is really bad. I will open a thread eventually for suggestions on a good name. But lets not mix the issues here. This is about Threshold Avalon.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Oct 03 2006, 06:51 PM)hmm... maybe incorporate the chat function into this? LOL jk. Well actually ... ...
cool.gif

QUOTE (Bold @ Oct 03 2006, 05:56 PM) Well actually ... ...
cool.gif

Now that you brought that up....
cool.gif

Hmm... How bout adding things like how IRC does it? the xdcc files i mean. only, name it XFTV!!! lol.

but the chat feature would really be nice. lol.

hmm... i think i prefer this one since it blends with the girl.... hacha........ she's too cute to be fitted into the right color...

Hey there fansub crew and fans! First post here. Pretty splashscreen indeed. I am assuming that the girl in there is fictional? Looking forward for the info about avalon (and the rest of koi koi seven & inukami!). I don't know if this is the correct place to say this but i love this site!

moderator's note: it's not the perfect place to do so, but it's still a welcome compliment
smile.gif
don't forget to read the rules, and have fun!

Am I the only one that saw that the girl in the splash screen was Tsuruya right from the start?
huh.gif

Anyway, I too am getting interested in this whole discussion about desktop interfaces; would make finding my anime that much simpler.
biggrin.gif

Also, love the green backround though blue is still great too. Green is my favorite color so...
rolleyes.gif

nyoro~n

Hmm... the only criteria that I have right now is that it's fun to use and that you want to use it.... now how to do that....

I should conduct a survey! Blah, more documents to draft up... fun fun.

Will this be free or is there a fee?

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Oct 08 2006, 06:59 PM) Will this be free or is there a fee?
So far, it is supposed to be a free service. Maybe some ads will be incorporated, but even that is far from certain.

The splash screen girl really looks like Tsuruya from TMOHS... good call.

Anyway, there seems to be lots of ideas floating around for the app. So has it been decided what it will be ultimately for??

QUOTE (CHiBnoiD @ Oct 09 2006, 06:05 AM) heheh, it definitely looks like tsuruya from TMOHS..is it?
happy.gif

Off topic:

QUOTE (MrDeezNutz @ Oct 09 2006, 07:23 PM)The splash screen girl really looks like Tsuruya from TMOHS... good call.

Question has already been answered:

QUOTE (daft27)QUOTE (doofus123 @ Oct 03 2006, 02:48 PM) haha this picture indeed is cute!
she looks like Tsuruya from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi).
doofus was right on the money.

Lol, I'm open to whatever ideas that might spark my imagination. I'm just doing random experimental crap with the desktop application right now.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back