'Tis a season of change

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Beta Test Stage 1. We're looking to make some changes here and there. Every suggestion and comment that was made in this forum has been read and noted. Before any changes begin to occur, now would be a good time to post any ideas that you have.

RSS Feeds on the Anime Torrents for each anime (from AnimeSuki or something)

Torrent info for the currently fetching anime's (and the estimated completion time)

Forum Skins and Add-ons (arcade, rpg, battle arena...)

That's all
smile.gif

Not a huge fan of those forum add-ins myself. However, adding in some sort of audible notification when a download has completed its queue session would be phenomenal. Getting more series descriptions would be great as well.

~ SpacePirate

Series descriptions aren't a problem. I can fix them easily. But we're not missing any... Are we?

i think the descriptions are taken from animenfo database but its not working for me atm..

i dont have much of a complain, but if you want suggestions to improve the site, here goes:

firstly, it would be really really great if you could stick to one fansub group instead of mixing them up with each other..

for example just get A-E versions for beck, Lunar for Air, AonE for Ah My Goddess and the list goes on..

the system works automatically but i think there should be some ways to make it fetch certain anime according to the condition that u give in the script.

secondly, you could add a module which enable users to post reviews, ratings or comments to the anime series. And if its possible, make it ppl dont have to re-register, but just use the forum accounts (although they dont have to register to download, just that they cant post reviews or interact with other users if they dont have an account). This should also be a great way to improve Fansub commnity growth rate.

and finally, please host anime OSTs as well.. i dont think OSTs take much of a bandwidth compared to the eps, so its not a prob rite? i <3 anime songs
wub.gif

Why not? You don't even need much bandwidth. You could even borrow my server for the hosting.

Where could we get it from? Maybe we could rip the opening/closing theme from the Anime itself, perhaps including the video, but that's not the OST.

What does OST stand for?

OST = Original sound track...right?
huh.gif

Anyway, good to see its reached Beta.
happy.gif

Yeah
happy.gif

I can get the first three Cowboy Bebop OST's if anybody wants them. Should I put them up in .Zip format on my own host?

Well, it's just because I agree with a fansubbing practice/theory. There's no added value when it comes to OSTs. New anime episodes on TV require translation and such before most people are able to understand it. Music on the other hand can be listened to as it is. Plus, OSTs are something you have to go to a store and buy. It wouldn't be normally available to people (in Japan or anywhere else) otherwise.

yeah, i agree with the OSTs not being in FTV.. that would mean getting more attention from lawyers and stuff like that. IMO it's important for FTV to stay as clean as possible...

what could be improved:
- auto download the file when our turn is reached (so that we can open the window and not worry about looking at it all the time)
- FXP, even though it's not too important IMO (just in case it's easy to do)
- try to stick to one fansubbing group.. Uta Kata episodes, for example, are all by Any-Spork.. except episode 2. In those cases ep.2 should be replaced to match the rest of the episodes, you know what i mean? some sort of algorythm to stick to a group when it's an obvious choice..

that's it for now! my technical requests for the anime delivery service will be discussed later
smile.gif
or if you want to, i'll post them here now..
/jp

i think more like because of daft's policy rather then legal issues.. either way ill respect his decision.. ^^

hmm auto download.. do you mean Fansub.tv should have its own built-in download manager (like the one fileplanet have been using).. or just add in a redirect script when the turn is reached?

and sorry if i ask a dumb question, but whats a FXP?

QUOTE (fizyboy @ Feb 9 2005, 11:55 AM) i think more like because of daft's policy rather then legal issues.. and i respect his decision..

hmm auto download.. do you mean Fansub.tv should have its own built-in download manager (like the one fileplanet have been using).. or just add in a redirect script when the turn is reached?

and sorry if i ask a dumb question, but whats a FXP?
i'd rather not have to download some weird file grabbing program that probably wouldn't work with firefox anyways. Yeah i'm pretty paranoid of dling spyware/

Tanooki, fizyboy, it's nothing like that. It would be a simple matter of setting the download page to refresh to its own download location. It could get more troublesome if there were more servers, but for now, I strongly agree with darkdog.

Another thing I just realized the other day was that it doesn't automatically drop people from the queue... Yesterday I joined the queue for Turn-A Gundam, and saw the wait was 40 minutes, and decided to forget it and get it from BT later. Then, I went to get some lunch, and came back 35 minutes later, and went here to see who the subbing group was (I could never remember
tongue.gif
). However, I accidentally clicked on the episode link instead of the group's link, and much to my surprise, I found that with a Very High server load, I had only a wait of five minutes. After a bit of deduction, I surmised that you don't bother checking to see if people quit browsing or close the window.

This could potentially lead to having quite a few unused but occupied download slots. If you are able to free those up, then it will make things run much smoother for everyone. It'd be a bit of work, but the easiest way I see to do it would be to send a message back to the server every time the page refreshes via php. If the server doesn't receive a message in 3 minutes or so, it should free the download slot and invalidate that username and password.

~ SP

space pirate is right... on most forums, for example, you post the message and are taken to a "post successful" page. if you do noting you're automatically taken to the thread's page. it's something as simple as "after x time go to link y", and if it links to a file it'll be downloaded.

and FXP is FTP between servers... in my case, i would tell the FTV server to send a file to a FTP server i'm part of here in Portugal, and then i'd download the file from my server.. that way it'd count as a national download.

/jp

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back