Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I saw the first season, which was great but I haven't gotten round to watching this yet because I haven't watched the OVAs for Railgun, I think there's 2 not sure.

Anyways, I've been hearing that this 2nd season is "spectacular"....is it really? Because I'm thinking this is just more on the part of fanboys hyping it up because they get to see their Misaka-chan in action again.

I don't think you really need to watch the OVA before this, I think it was kinda fillerish? I don't even remember it honestly, even though I have it on my list as completed
tongue.gif

I wouldn't say this season is spectacular.... yet. So far it's consisted of story buildup and background info on the Sisters project. I think we can expect it to be awesome later on once we get deeper into the story and Touma enters the picture. Not to say it hasn't been great so far, I love seeing Biribiri in action again, along with the whole gang!

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ May 07 2013, 02:44 PM)Saw/heard a quite well tuned Vocaloid Kagamine Rin version Sister's Noise ranked fairly high over at nico nico, so thought I'd share since someone uploaded onto youtube already:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1KRXr9zMYA
I don't know much about vocaloid, but that is a pretty good version of the song.

The first OVA is technically episode 13 and the second one is kind of an extra moment with the gang after the final episode. So not much to worry about storywise if that's what you were thinking though.

Okay, I've watched all 3 special episodes for the 1st season as well as the "Someone's Watching" OVA, pretty decent stuff.

I'm about to watch the first 4 episodes and to be frank, I've pretty much forgotten some of the minor details of this series, apparently season 2 Railgun will be the expanded version of the Sister's Arc, which most of us know about from either season 1 or 2 of the Index animes.

So, Railgun S will be the Sister's Arc in Misaka's POV with much more expansion due to the Railgun LNs, I'm okay with the concept but all 24 episodes focused on the Sister's Arc sounds kinda disappointing, especially since we sort of know the conclusion to the entire matter. I guess fo most, they're just okay with seeing Biri-Biri again.

Man, I just want to see a 3rd season to Index already but I will watch Railgun S now and follow it to it's conclusion.
rolleyes.gif

EDIT #1:

Yes, I love being critical over this specific series. First episode was a good start and my favourite part of it was at the end when Touma appeared. I think Misaka is an "okay" character but I really really like Touma's character and he's probably my favourite in this entire franchise so far. I say so far because I know there's a bunch of characters out there waiting to be introduced in the anime adaptions and I know some of my favourites but I shall refrain from saying their names because of the potential of it being a "spoiler".
tongue.gif

EDIT #2:

After catching up, all I have to say it's interesting but slow. I guess I'm looking forward to when Misaka finally finds out what her "sisters" are being used for and when she witnesses Accelerator killing one of her many sisters (if that actually ever happens in front of her....I can't remember to be honest).

Anyways, next episode will be pretty good judging from the preview with cute interactions between Misaka and her sister, as well as, Accelerator coming into action in this series.

EDIT #3:

There's so much material for both Index and the Railgun series....why aren't they dishing out the series more often is what I wanted to say but then I did a little research. The interval between a Railgun series and an Index series has been 6 months but the interval between Index 2 and Railgun 2 is 2 years, I guess it's not that big of a deal since there was a Railgun OVA and an Index movie.

Anyways here's hoping for Index Season 3 to be announced soon.
rolleyes.gif

Oh and the Index movie kind of RetCons only one thing about Academy City, and that would be the Space Elevator that resides in the city that no one knew about until the movie came out. :3

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 10 2013, 03:54 AM) Oh and the Index movie kind of RetCons only one thing about Academy City, and that would be the Space Elevator that resides in the city that no one knew about until the movie came out. :3
Weird fact...so this space elevator was made up for the movie or?

What else do you know about the movie?

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 09 2013, 05:51 PM) After catching up, all I have to say it's interesting but slow. I guess I'm looking forward to when Misaka finally finds out what her "sisters" are being used for and when she witnesses Accelerator killing one of her many sisters (if that actually ever happens in front of her....I can't remember to be honest).

Anyways, next episode will be pretty good judging from the preview with cute interactions between Misaka and her sister, as well as, Accelerator coming into action in this series.

EDIT #3:

There's so much material for both Index and the Railgun series....why aren't they dishing out the series more often is what I wanted to say but then I did a little research. The interval between a Railgun series and an Index series has been 6 months but the interval between Index 2 and Railgun 2 is 2 years, I guess it's not that big of a deal since there was a Railgun OVA and an Index movie.

Anyways here's hoping for Index Season 3 to be announced soon.
rolleyes.gif

If you watch episode 5 you will see that it does indeed happen infront of her
sad.gif

I really liked this sister, she definitely had personality. Her facial expressions were priceless, and she interacted well with Biribiri.

I forgot how heartless Accelerator was, but it was brought to my attention that he was forced to kill thousands of people (clones) for an experiment.... of course he'd become insane! I also remember him having a cruel past as well, though that memory has become kinda vague.

I'm with you JCD in wishing they'd animate more of the franchise. I haven't read any of the novels, but I have heard great things about them. I want to see it alllll!

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 10 2013, 12:05 AM) Weird fact...so this space elevator was made up for the movie or?

What else do you know about the movie?
Apparently there is also a manga with the same name as the movie itself, but with some slight variations of the movie from what the synopsis said. Also, I don't think there is that many chapter scanalated over that since the Raildex series is always rather sluggish to plug out the next chapter at times.

Each time I watch this show I always get confuse on the time line of it with Index and Railgun >.<

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ May 17 2013, 10:51 PM) Each time I watch this show I always get confuse on the time line of it with Index and Railgun >.<
Think of this as the actual season 1.5 of Index here while the first season was kind of around .5 to season 1.1 of Index, then and you might get an idea of the wierd timeline that is here.

In any case when they do the Daihasai for Railgun that will be the time period of season 2.5 Index, if that helps here at all.

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ May 17 2013, 09:51 PM) Each time I watch this show I always get confuse on the time line of it with Index and Railgun >.<
And J.C.Staff's "original" season 2 stories for series 1 Railgun doesn't help with the confusion neither.

That and you have to wonder if they are going with the novels as the main references or the manga which seems to have a slight variation as to what happens when I think.

I mean in the manga they haven't done the Angel Fall Arc, but they are crrently in the middle of the first half of the Orsala Arc. Honestly I can only go by the manga since I haven't come across the LNs at all.
unsure.gif

Very glad i've never read any of the novels or manga. Now I can just watch in blissful ignorance of what happens in those media and not have all your worries.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 18 2013, 02:17 AM) Very glad i've never read any of the novels or manga. Now I can just watch in blissful ignorance of what happens in those media and not have all your worries.
Most people haven't neither, but they are confused because they watch all the previous Toaru anime out so far, and not in the order of the events timeline
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ May 18 2013, 01:19 PM) Most people haven't neither, but they are confused because they watch all the previous Toaru anime out so far, and not in the order of the events timeline
laugh.gif

Yes exactly, that's what I found confusing. Plus seeing these events unfold in Index beforehand was also confusing to me, trying to put the two timelines together. It's been awhile since I've seen the sisters arc, so it will be refreshing to see it again from Misaka's POV.
I couldn't even remember if the Sisters arc happened in Index I or II. Then I remembered Accelerator's form in Index II and it helped me put the dots together
tongue.gif

The time gap between productions of the anime doesn't really help... but at least this time we won't get much filler I hope.

The problem is that the first season of Railgun was around the time where Touma knew Misaka and teased her a whole lot on how she couldn't hurt him with her abilities, up to when he lost his memories saving Index. Pretty much the two do cross paths on occasion but not as much since Misaka has the science side problems to deal with while Touma has the magic side to deal with in the same city.

The Sister's Arc is pretty much around the same time where Touma meets MISAKA Imouto only to find out about the Level 6 Project. This was a little bit after Misaka herself dealt with a few of the factilites that worked, or is working on the project. Pretty much this is around the time before the Tree Diagram got shot down due to Index's memory seal going berserk and inadvertantly shot down the Tree Diagram. Pretty much that inadvertly bought Misaka, or will buy her sometime to deal with the facilities on the groud though.

Okay I was annoyed with this series being primarily about the Sisters Arc but after watching episode 05 and 06 back-to-back, I have accepted the nature of this series and will be embracing it. Those 2 episodes were brilliant in that it sets up Railgun's mission in destroying those 20 facilities and getting rid of the seeds she sowed unintentionally.
biggrin.gif

Only problem is that the preview for the next episode, suggests the series will return to being slow-paced again.

I don't think this series will only be about the Sisters arc. Looking at the OP I think there will be some new arcs introduced as well. I hope that it doesn't go back to a slow pace, I'd like to see Misaka go on her mission to destroy those facilities.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Touma get involved and seeing the face off between him and Accelerator.

Does anyone know which Misaka clone was with Shinobu in that flashback? I wonder if it is the same one that befriended Biribiri?

Actually the clone Shinobu might of been one of the earlier ones before #9982 since she more or less already knew how the outside worked. Although in a short answer you can say yes she did meet the one that met Misaka herself if you're using the Misaka Network as the explaination though.

After the Sister's Arc things kind of calm down a bit before the Dai Hasai Arc, but that should at least get the other half of this season at the most here since I'm not sure how far the LNs went on the Railgun side of things.

Although I do look forward to Index III since pretty much everything leading up to WW III is about to take place here.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ May 20 2013, 11:51 PM) Actually the clone Shinobu might of been one of the earlier ones before #9982 since she more or less already knew how the outside worked. Although in a short answer you can say yes she did meet the one that met Misaka herself if you're using the Misaka Network as the explaination though.
Oh of course, duh. Shinobu was trying to sabotage this experiment with the cash cards before Misaka ever came in contact with one of her clones, so naturally it must have been an earlier version.

I really liked #9982
sad.gif

I can't wait for Index III after hearing so many great things about it. But for now, I am enjoying the focus on my fave character in the series.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back