Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
JCD was right that this last episode was more slow paced. Sure there was a lot of action behind the scenes with Misaka blowing up the labs, but it was focused on Kuroko and her oneesama withdrawals
tongue.gif
(j/k) It was still a cute episode though, because even though Misaka is my fave, I like the whole Railgun gang and their shenanigans.

I'm guessing that the head scientist is the one that deceived little Misaka into signing up for this experiment in the first place. He didn't care too much about the other labs being blown up, so I guess these last two are the most crucial.

This latest episode of Misaka vs ITEM was awesome imo. Even though Frenda was a lower level than Mikasa (does she even have any powers, I'm not sure?) I'm glad she put up such a fight. It would be boring if Mikasa won every battle easily without much effort. The next fight will be even more hardcore against the leader of ITEM, who I suspect is very powerful.
I'm also liking that Shinobu is playing an active role in helping Misaka the best she can. I wish Kuroko and the gang could help her too, but I'm not sure they ever get involved with this.

QUOTE (julezia @ Jun 05 2013, 03:31 PM) This latest episode of Misaka vs ITEM was awesome imo. Even though Frenda was a lower level than Mikasa (does she even have any powers, I'm not sure?) I'm glad she put up such a fight. It would be boring if Mikasa won every battle easily without much effort. The next fight will be even more hardcore against the leader of ITEM, who I suspect is very powerful.
It's been a long time since I read this part in the manga, but from what I recall (if I'm not mistaken) in the manga by the time Mikoto fought ITEM, she was far from her fittest form. She was extremely wore out both physically and mentally. She barely slept and rested at all running around destroying all the facilitie every night prior to the encounter, so that somewhat leveled the playing field for her opponents. Also, it was pretty much one of her, four of them as well.

Not only that but the pyromancer of ITEM also happens to be a Level 5 in academy City also. Although she's a Rank lower thank Misaka that doesn't mean that she's weaker than her.

In any case the fight between Shizuri and Misaka is going to be a good one to watch here. I mean it's a pyromancer versus an electromancer here, so you know "sparks" will fly.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jun 05 2013, 05:05 PM) It's been a long time since I read this part in the manga, but from what I recall (if I'm not mistaken) in the manga by the time Mikoto fought ITEM, she was far from her fittest form. She was extremely wore out both physically and mentally. She barely slept and rested at all running around destroying all the facilitie every night prior to the encounter, so that somewhat leveled the playing field for her opponents. Also, it was pretty much one of her, four of them as well.
Ahhh that is true, she is exhausted both physically and mentally. I forgot to account for that while she was facing Frenda.
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 05 2013, 05:49 PM)Not only that but the pyromancer of ITEM also happens to be a Level 5 in academy City also. Although she's a Rank lower thank Misaka that doesn't mean that she's weaker than her.

In any case the fight between Shizuri and Misaka is going to be a good one to watch here. I mean it's a pyromancer versus an electromancer here, so you know "sparks" will fly.
I had a feeling she was a level 5, I knew I saw her picture somewhere before....

Well we're now into the Meltdowner vs Railgun fight portion of this arc, and I have to say they did a pretty good job over it so far. I mean this is kind of a Rank 4 going up a warn down Rank 3 Level 5 but still the fight is more or less balanced in a way.
tongue.gif

Also, it looks like Last Order isn't allowing any other programs to interfere with the Misaka Network here it seems. I was wondering if she was going to make an appearance here or not. From the looks of it the emotion progam would only slow them down when it came to the remaining battles.

On an unrelated note I want my season 3 of Index already, becuase there something that will involve the Sisters weither they like it to be or not.
wink.gif

Well I have to say I kind of liked how they animated the rest of this fight scene between Misaka and Meltdowner here. Not only that but it seems that Meltdowner herslef kind of wanted to know why would the Railgun herself go after all these facilties here. From the looks of it I think that might be the last we'll see fo her and her group until much later on down the road. Maybe after the Daihasai Arc though.

In any case we are now currently somewhere in the middle of the Index series now since Touma just showed up here which means that the Vendince Machine meeting now connects the two stories for a breif moment here. Although I kind of wonder if they are going to go up to the August 31st incident here with this season since that' way the Daihasai Festival Arc can be the next seaosn of Railgun while the 3rd season of Index will be leading up to the WW:III story arc... I think.
tongue.gif

So we finally got up to the episode where Misaka finally finds out the that the Tree Diagram Super Computer was shot down by an unknown force a few weeks back. Not only that but some people in Academy City are scrambling to recover any parts that ended up crash landing back on Earth.

So that would fully explain the certain item that certain people were trying to recover during the Dai Hasai Festival in Idex II though.

With that going on we are now right smack dab in the middle of Index's first season with Touma going to the book store and MISAKA 10031 being totaled in the alleyway across from MISAKA Imouto. Yes the one that was with Touma and holding the cat was 10032 which managed to pester Touma on occasions after the Sister's Arc, if memory serves.
tongue.gif

Although I kind of wonder if Misaka will ever run into Last Order at all anytime soon? Although she does tend to come across MISAKA Imouto every now and again still.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 29 2013, 01:24 PM) So that would fully explain the certain item that certain people were trying to recover during the Dai Hasai Festival in Idex II though.

What item was that? I honestly can't remember and all of the series is getting blurred in my head. lol
They should release them quicker so I have everything fresh in my memory.

The latest episode was stellar, as they have been since the beginning of the series. My heart goes out to Biribiri, trying to do everything she can and still feeling helpless. Finally it's at the point where Touma knows whats going on and from Index we know he does help her fight off Accelerator (I can't wait for that!!)

But you also feel for Accelerator too, because he's being forced to kill them for the experiment as we see in the flashback to the very first one. He beat her, and then the mad scientists were like: yeah... but you didn't finish her off... muwahahaha! After killing so many of them, it's understandable that he's nutty and aggressive. I do remember later on that Last Order mentions to him that she knows he tried being merciful with their deaths or he gave them as much time to live as possible? I know it was one of the two but I can't remember exactly.

Anyway, I'm very impressed with this season of Railgun so far because of all the action and character development.

QUOTE (julezia @ Jul 09 2013, 11:29 AM) What item was that? I honestly can't remember and all of the series is getting blurred in my head. lol
They should release them quicker so I have everything fresh in my memory.
To put it in a spoiler it was a piece of the Tree Diagram that hit to earth. I mean the report explained that the scientists were scrambling to recover it.

In any case I have to say that I think Accelerator was kind of let down on fighting Misaka's "Sisters" instead of the Railgun herself. Also, it looked like he really didn't want to do it at first, but kind of got desensitized to the whole killing of the Sisters.

In any case it seems that Touma now got himself invovled in this mess and wants to know if Misaka has any idea about this exparament. Also, we're now up to the point where Kuroko has her talk with Touma by next episode it seems.
tongue.gif

QUOTE But you also feel for Accelerator too

A good person would have walked away at that point and not have killed the first. So no, I don't feel for him at all. I hate that guy, and nothing he ever does will make up for what he's done. It drives me nuts that he has such a fan base.

Anyway.... Am I REALLY hoping we don't have to re-watch the whole Touma vs. Accelerator fight again. Not just because it's repetitive, but because I'm annoyed at the idea of having to see Touma white knight for Biribiri in her own series. Seeing him do it in Index is fine, because that's what the show is about, him saving super-powered damsels in distress. But here, it defeats the whole point of having a Railgun spin-off series in the first place. You know, showing how awesome she and her friends are. And speaking of friends, I need more Saten and Uiharu! So the sooner we get through this whole Accelerator thing, the happier I'll be.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Jul 19 2013, 06:58 PM) A good person would have walked away at that point and not have killed the first. So no, I don't feel for him at all. I hate that guy, and nothing he ever does will make up for what he's done. It drives me nuts that he has such a fan base.

Anyway.... Am I REALLY hoping we don't have to re-watch the whole Touma vs. Accelerator fight again. Not just because it's repetitive, but because I'm annoyed at the idea of having to see Touma white knight for Biribiri in her own series. Seeing him do it in Index is fine, because that's what the show is about, him saving super-powered damsels in distress. But here, it defeats the whole point of having a Railgun spin-off series in the first place. You know, showing how awesome she and her friends are. And speaking of friends, I need more Saten and Uiharu! So the sooner we get through this whole Accelerator thing, the happier I'll be.
I wouldn't say Accelerator is a "good" person, but having known more about his past I suppose I'm more forgiving. I know when I saw this arc in Index I hated his guts, but then we learned about how he was experimented on as a child because the scientists could not figure out his powers. People feared him and also wanted to kill him. The fact that he had gone through all that at a young age, it's not surprising that he's messed up.

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone his actions here at all, and it's still despicable to me that he's doing this only to become the "strongest" (which he already is....), but I don't view his character in black and white.
He does redeem himself when he protects Last Order. I also remember that she said something along the lines of him not wanting to actually kill the clones, and the clones knew that. Of course my memory is very vague when it comes to the past Index series ;p

I also agree with you about how wrong it is for Touma to be the white knight in Bibiri's own series. However, that's how it went down and nothing is going to change
tongue.gif

I also remember what Marine said early in this thread:

QUOTE (Marine-RX179)I really hope J.C.Staff would do the Touma vs Accelerator part justice, as originally I seen that fight in Index first (also by J.C. Staff)...and it was like "meh Imagine-cheater
tongue.gif
", but when I saw that same fight in the railgun manga, it felt really fired up, and Touma's manliness was at like 200% comparing to the Index anime counterpart. This is probably somewhat to do with fights in railgun manga are generally much more violence and brutal, which somewhat is lost when transferred to the anime platform. The Touma stopping Mikoto from going to Accelerator bridge part in the railgun manga also felt much more intense, and that the emotional exchange between the two was far stronger than in the Index anime. Anyway, as I said really hope J.C.Staff get it right this time.

Marine was right about the emotional exchange between Touma and Biribiri on the bridge being really intense. So I'm hoping that J.C Staff will pull through with the fight between Touma and Accelerator, making it more like the Railgun manga so we get to see something different and not the exact same animation.

Well it looks like they did a much better job with the Touma v Accelerator fight here. Also, for some reason I have to say that Touma's scenes here kind of made him rather GAR in this series.

Not only that, but they have done a pretty good job with how Misaka wanted to help Touma even if it was a rather selfish request to Misaka Imouto though.

Also, I have to say that Touma's Imagine Breaker might actually be the Level 6 ability but is read as a Level 0. Then again I think his power get's a bit more broken in the WW:III story arc in Index though, so techinically he migth really be a Level 3 or 4.
tongue.gif

This episode is very well done. Also...not sure if you guys noticed, but parts of this episode here and there, the animation quality was literally at movie level, rather their typical TV anime level.

I'm glad that J.C.Staff actually know what's needed to be done to justify the Touma vs Accelerator fight, and actually went for it.

Touma's "GARness" got across pretty well...far better than back in Index, which Touma just seem to be bug/cheat character and beaten Accelerator without much effort. I think the best different is probably in Index, Touma just far too often seem to be invincible with his Image Breaker. In this fight in the Railgun, rather than being seen as abuse the use of it, it is merely a supportive tool.

I think most audiences generally prefer characters that would stand back up no matter how many times he get beaten down, how much pain he's suffering than character that overpower and beat their opponent without much effort.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jul 21 2013, 04:38 AM) This episode is very well done. Also...not sure if you guys noticed, but parts of this episode here and there, the animation quality was literally at movie level, rather their typical TV anime level.

Yes I did notice... is that why the file size for this ep was so damn huge? Thank God I have unlimited internet now
tongue.gif

The fight between Touma and Accelerator was done extremely well. I could feel the impact of Touma's anger with each punch!
I also forgot how epic it was when all the Misaka sisters get involved with the turbines. In the end Misaka does contribute to turning things around, so it isn't all about Touma being the hero that saves the day.
We could also see that Accelerator was deluding himself into thinking they were just "puppets," because that's what he was told. I suppose he convinced himself in order to avoid feeling any guilt for what he's been doing. Now Touma and Misaka are forcing him to think otherwise, which is the reason why he's so angry (along with being hit multiple times by the "weakest" person
tongue.gif
)
I'm also wondering about the significance of that black cat, maybe it's nothing but it always seems to be around Misaka or her sisters...

Aww well it looks like the Sisters arc is over. I wonder what comes next?
I loved the interactions between Misaka and her imouto when they were in the park after it was all over
tongue.gif

I also thought it was funny when Misaka couldn't get the words out to say thank you to Touma, and said "Ants" instead... of course leading to an inevitable misunderstanding. Doesn't he still call her Biribiri after this, or is this the end of that nickname?
Yes it's frustrating that she didn't give Touma her homemade cookies, but I'm sure Kuroko will have no qualms about eating them
tongue.gif

I think the next story arc for Biribiri would be the Dai Hasai Festival Arc, but before that I think it'll be pretty much the epilogue ordeal with the Imouto's and Last Order (A.k.A Misaka Misaka) to be somewhat active from here on out. Well it's been a long time sinc eI read that story arc though since the manga feels rather slow with the scanalations along with Index.
sleep.gif

Well from the looks of it this episode was pretty much the epilogue to the Sister's Arc. From what the preview for the next episode looks likee I think we're getting the side sotry over what happened during the Index Movie. Ironically enough the Index Movie more or less retconned most things that happened in the Raildex manga though.
tongue.gif

So next week is going to be filler then? Looking at the new OP, does that indicate filler material or actual material from the manga?

Look at me, so picky
tongue.gif

I did enjoy this last episode though, because it was laid back and a nice closing to the intense Sisters arc.

I don't think they are going to follow the manga here, but do the side story of the Index Movie. From the looks of the preview it's going to be Biribiri's side of the antics, so if you want to know the Index side you're going to have to wait for the movie to be subbed then.
tongue.gif

Heck even the manga mentioned that the Index movie is a legitamate sotry arc, even if it does retcon most of what existed in the twon and all.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back