Tsubasa Chronicles

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

TNT

-nii
Retired
I watched the first ep yesterday. You cant really say anything yet about the story, but from my first look im somewhat dissapointed.

Light effects are great as always with Clamp, but Syaoran looks like a noodle. I hope that they will give him some awesome char development, because otherwise he'll probably end up with my "least likable leading player" award. I also wasnt to fond of some of the other characters appearences, like the sorcerer with the glasses who is friends with the king (sakuras big brother)

Anyone else have something to say about this first ep?
happy.gif

QUOTE (TNT)I hope that they will give him some awesome char developmentDoesn't the character development/attachment come from having watched earlier clamp works? I'm not gonna start watching this until I've watched X tv and read the Card Captor Sakura manga I have somewhere
ph34r.gif

it seems many of the characters in this show have also appeared in previous clamp works, but you don't need to know them to appreciate the characters. from what i've read of the manga, some of the characters are similar to what they originally were and some are entirely different.

as far as character development goes, i don't expect a lot from syaoran. watch the second episode though, the other two (kurogane and fye) are a pair of my favorite characters and they haven't gotten any real screen time yet.

QUOTE (TNT @ Apr 13 2005, 07:25 AM) I watched the first ep yesterday. You cant really say anything yet about the story, but from my first look im somewhat dissapointed.

Light effects are great as always with Clamp, but Syaoran looks like a noodle. I hope that they will give him some awesome char development, because otherwise he'll probably end up with my "least likable leading player" award. I also wasnt to fond of some of the other characters appearences, like the sorcerer with the glasses who is friends with the king (sakuras big brother)

Anyone else have something to say about this first ep?
happy.gif

watched the 1st episode and read the 1st 4 volumes of the manga. dont worry about syaoran. he isnt like the guy you mentioned. youll see. the story kinda reminds me of kingdom hearts.

I have read the manga...and I checked out the first episode -- the art and music wern't too bad...but the voices almost killed me....I hated them....not sure why exactly. I'll probably continue to watch it anyways -- so that i can see my favourite parts of the manga in action. ^-^

I remember loving Cardcaptor Sakura, but never seeing all of the series, I have no idea how she ended up being in this kingdom... I thought she lived in modern-day Japan. :/ And I don't suppose Syaoran is the same character that was the ninja-mage way back in Cardcaptor Sakura? I'm lost so far, but the series looks fantastic. And I could really get into it. I love the character design.

~ SpacePirate

I've read around a bit, and it seems that the characters are alternate versions of themselves, so it is only their personalities and character design that is in the show, and nothing relating to their respective original series. If this is true, it'll certainly make things interesting, but I'd expect to see some throwbacks to their origins.

~ SP

QUOTE (onimike @ Apr 13 2005, 04:42 PM) watched the 1st episode and read the 1st 4 volumes of the manga. dont worry about syaoran. he isnt like the guy you mentioned. youll see. the story kinda reminds me of kingdom hearts.
You mean that he doesnt look like a noodle?
ohmy.gif

Tsubasa Chronicals Rock!!
laugh.gif
it's just as i imagened it would be like if made in to a TV series
happy.gif
sure some of images could be touched up, but i give it a 11 out 10.
cool.gif

Heh, anyone else find it ironic that demon here uses so many smilies?
wink.gif
That said, I agree completely, welcome to the boards! I can't wait for the second episode... Anyone know what day it airs in Japan?

~ SP

QUOTE (TNT @ Apr 14 2005, 04:46 AM) You mean that he doesnt look like a noodle?
ohmy.gif

actually... he kinda looks like a noodle.

Don't know why people are ragging on this series, the story seems like it's got great potential (and I'm saying that only after the first episode--a lot happens).

I look forward to seeing the rest.
biggrin.gif

Apparently the manga was incredibly slow paced, and didn't have a lot of depth to it... That, and Bee-Train has a pretty poor track record. I'm certainly hoping the series retains the quality of the first episode, but like many bloggers I've read have said, it could certainly fall flat...
sad.gif
But regardless, I'm still looking forward to seeing what happens, considering I've never read the manga myself, there is certainly something of a story to tell.
biggrin.gif

~ SP

QUOTE (littlekefalos @ Apr 16 2005, 12:21 AM) Don't know why people are ragging on this series, the story seems like it's got great potential (and I'm saying that only after the first episode--a lot happens).

I look forward to seeing the rest.
biggrin.gif

I dont remember hearing anyone do that yet.
blink.gif

anybody know when ep. 2 is coming out?

DB teamed up Live Evil (apparently) and ep2 is out... torrent isnt going very quick tho
sad.gif

edit: 2nd ep was pretty good
smile.gif

I've watched both episodes of this show, and its my favorite new anime!
The OP/END songs are good, and the animation is nice!

I like the show quite a bit, but I don't like the form of magic used so far... I've never been a fan of needing to "borrow" someone else's power... However, the episode was certainly good, and Sakura is definitely one of my favorite characters ever.

~ SP

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back