upload space

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

ben-sama

-dono
Retired
i've run into this problem lately: i'd like to upload an episode or two of anime somewhere so one or more people can download it, but i don't know of a good method. it needs to be free, of course, have decent up and down speed, and support approximately 170MB files (just an average anime ep). yousendit should be able to support a file that large, but its super slow upload capacity made it impossible. oh, and bittorrent is out. the whole point of this site is so people can get anime without bt.

any suggestions? it'd be really nice if we could share anime that's not available on the site through forum links, or just pm links to each other.

You can use Megaupload or cut the episode in pieces and use Rapidshare.

But he says they are kinda slow. But he could start the upload before he goes to school so it is finished when he get's back and post the link.

ah what is megaupload? i know yousendit should be able to handle it, but it never finished uploading. i left it for about 24 hours before it quit on me. and my upload capacity is not the problem. also i don't know how to split an avi file, is there an easy way?

what we really need to know is the upload speeds for these options. yousendit said 1MB every 5 minutes at the least, but it sure didn't work out that way.

excellent! i'll upload an episode of something there if there's a request, but i'm not making any promises until i try it. kinda makes me wish i had something that needs uploading.

i just compact it as a hidden file and crush it altogether so that the file's 60MB and when you open it up it acts like a program file and expands to 200MB

Anybody know how to download from a megaupload. i am trying to download zoid genesis 33 but don't konw how.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Sep 09 2005, 10:47 PM) i just compact it as a hidden file and crush it altogether so that the file's 60MB and when you open it up it acts like a program file and expands to 200MB
What in the world do you use that compresses that much! Thats an insane ratio, especially for a video file.

I used WinRar and chunked the file into about 10 10mb rars. I then emailed them out.

QUOTE (lexart @ Aug 14 2006, 08:59 PM) Anybody know how to download from a megaupload. i am trying to download zoid genesis 33 but don't konw how.
If you're using free option (don't have a premium acc), then type in the 3 letters as shown and wait 45s, close the shaking pop-up box on the upper right, then either click on "Click here to download" or paste its link to a download manager to get the file.

QUOTE (onimike @ Sep 09 2005, 10:16 PM) Don't you have to sign up for mega upload?
No, you don't have to sign up, just use it as you please.

And a downside to megaupload is that you can't search the site to download the stuff. You have to use the link that the uploader was given. I don't know if that applies to other sites. File Front works too anyways. You can even search for downloads there.

@lexart: basically what chronolegend and paganini said answered ur question about megaupload. also to add on about signing up for megaupload, u don't have to sign up (which costs money) unless u want to download more than one file at a time (kinda pointless if u ask me
dry.gif
)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back