what are you doing?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Just finished Rokujouma no Shinryakusha and almost done watching all of Nichijou Battle.

Also, watching Ore Monogatari right now.

Still a lot of stuff to watch from previous seasons but that marks an end to the MUST WATCH BEFORE Z-DAY list i had for now.

Lastly, writting an autobiography
tongue.gif

- Changed my profile avatar to something more new.
- Got more series to watch compared to last season (Hurray!)
- Doing volunteer work for: Yandere Simulator (Google it)
- Questioning the meaning of the universe... There has to be a parallel universe in which Anime is real and we are made up, wished I lived there... If it was good animated that is xD
- Why do I enjoy being a critic/reviewer/artist/cleaner/redrawer/translator/editor/redrawer?
- Why do I always think too deeply about outdoor society and how its broken?
- Why do I always keep asking on asking without their ever being an answer?

And last but not least: why am I doing, what I am doing, by typing it in what are you doing?

Yes, I'm currently alone and feeling lonely... Really brings a person slowly to madness xD or I just needed to get it out of my system^^

sad.gif
my pc just died on me. i just lost all the series episodes of this season. for email and so on my laptop is good enough but to have to buy a new pc ain't my idea of a nice start of the week..

Why is the front page of this site still broken?

I've not really been doing anything besides work these days. I usually relax by playing my 360 but with Xbox Live essentially having a meltdown, I can't even do that. I read Franzoir's post in this thread from back in June and got a little interested in Silicon Valley but will probably hold of it for now as I spoiled it for myself when I was researching about it.

I don't know why I can't bring myself to watch anime, there's so many out there that I know I would love to watch but I just can't seem to get myself to take the extra step in acquiring them.
sad.gif

Anyways, I hope one of these days, the site gets fixed. How much must one donate for it to get fixed?

Life's been life on my end of things.

I somehow managed to come down with Shingles back in the last week of May and was ill for the entire month of June. It took another two months to recover from the madness and the nerve it spread through still aches semi-frequently.
blink.gif
Besides being painful it was also expensive, socialized medicine can't happen fast enough in the US.

Past that, I ended up having to go down south for my grandmother's funeral, although the event sequencing was kind of awkward. We ended up there for almost three weeks before she passed. While kind of sad, overall it ended up being like a long family reunion and I got to touch base with a bunch of extended kin on good terms. (Probably the last time that will happen.)

On the upside of things, my parents closed on some property and will be building a house in a much better town. And by much better town, I mean the new house will have Gigabit fiber, the roads don't have potholes, the town isn't 90% dependent on an army base for its income, and they don't leave half the city streetlights off at night to save money. (Did I mention they're installing Gigabit fiber?)

I also got my Project Fi Phone and SIM card yesterday, so I'm trying that out. Seems pretty nifty so far, and I'm finding I have signal in some black holes where Sprint said "no service for j00" previously.

I can't remember if I mentioned before I got sick or not, I have a 3D printer now! Thing is fun, but teaching myself Sketchup/Blender to build models for printing is a bit time consuming.

Other than that, kind of plodding along. Computer business will be closed when we build the house and move next year, and in anticipation of that I'm stealing time here and there to work on projects.

I am now getting ready to go to the airport. Yes, i am taking a vacation and i am heading to Japan again. First to Tokyo and then going into the Japanese Alps. Hopefully none of the volcano's decided to blow its top
smile.gif
. Having something like Ontake-yama or Aso-san would really ruin my day. I hope you all have a good time while i am away
smile.gif

Started blogging once again... this time with blogs also being shown on MAL! publicly (on my profile that is)... Difference between the blogs there and what I write here? Basically going to comment on every single anime episode I watch (New ones that are), here on Fansub I always try to keep myself to only once every 2/3 episodes. There for they may always seem a bit chaotically put together or so to say (F.Y.I. link to my MAL is on my profile)

Oh, and I am currently subbing a bunch of specials such as Overlord BD&dvd commercial (It's a commercial of 5min but in the same style as the mini-specials, so if you want to see that, feel free to poke me to death.

As Last final news! I'm moving! Goodbye Netherlands and Hello Belgium! So much cheaper to live!!! and I actually have more room! Sadly a succubus is moving along with me... but that's another matter entirely xD

Retiring! Got a full time job! After spending 9 months searching for one! Maybe I visit every now and then, but my reviewing time is on Hiatus^^. Don't expect from me to answer PMs or make a review for the next half year. You can however enjoy Comics that I create on Tapastic (under the same name *Masich*).

I wish FTV good luck^^. Cheerio everyone!

Whee!

So in November, while trying to get everything ready for an early morning delivery, I managed to slip and fall on the stairs and messed up my left wrist. Was almost a perfect repeat of the way I messed up my right arm some 12~13 years ago.

After a few months it was pretty clear it was repeating itself, but I ended up kind of lucky. My hometown hosts a (the?) US Olympic Training Center, and around august I had learned that their orthopedic clinic was open to the public, but it was out of my insurance network. (Besides that, I'd pretty much resigned myself to my right arm being completely irreparable after that many years of being borked.)

Being a self employed American, the end of the year brings the same thing every year: "We're cancelling your insurance plan." So... when I got signed up and on a new insurance carrier, I decided to go look up the Orthopedic clinic. Found out it's in network for the new insurance. Huzzah.

Went yesterday and got checked out. The first arm injury took something like 6 years to get properly diagnosed. This one, the doc zeroed in on it in a few minutes, diagnosing it with basically the same diagnosis as the right arm, then he verified that it was the same in both arms, then he caught me off guard by adding some new data by going into more detail than the previous doctor had been able to give. Turns out he sees the condition quite often in his athletes and has such a high success rate on his treatments that he's writing a paper on it. He further blew my mind by saying that he thought he could treat the right arm, too.

I need to get in to see the occupational therapist and then some followup work in a month will help narrow in on how extensive the corrective scopework needs to be.

I find myself wondering if I should keep my hopes high or not. I'd love to be able to just sit down and draw for hours again without worrying about how much my arm hurts or how long it'll hurt afterwards.

Still bunches of madness going on. Would blog, but the blogs are broken.
dry.gif

On the Arms, I went in for an MRI last week and today I found out the results. Not terrible, but not great- I have some minor tears in my left wrist that need to be "cleaned up". Should get to go in sometime in the next few weeks to get that done, plus some stabilization work to get some structural relief. I can apparently look forward to 6 weeks in a splint and about a three month recovery time. If that's looking good, I get to go in again for the right arm.

Really not looking forward to how much of the bill the insurance company will stick me with, but it beats having a gimp arm.

In other news... My parents managed to sell Grandmother's house, which means closure, finally!
happy.gif

Work is still driving me crazy, but I'm slowly working towards a few goals. Building an HTML5 game with a friend, revamping a client's webpage to a responsive layout, etc. Will have to relax for a bit during the recovery window, so there's a bit of a rush on.

Have some other stuff cooking that I'm trying to work out the financing on that would earn money on the side, but it seems like the surgery expenses may drain my working funds. D'oh.

My heart is broken. BvS reviews are coming in and they are not good. I am a massive DC fan so this is quite hard for me to take. Granted I was never excited for this film because Sucker Punch by Zack Synder was one of the most harrowing film experiences of my life (I wonder to this day why I didnt walk out the screening) and Man of Steel just left me feeling numb. Even so, I hoped against hope that somehow BVS would miraculously turn out good.

Sigh... the worse thing about the situation is even though I know this is going to be bitterly disappointing, as a DC fan I have no choice but to still go and watch it for myself just so I can judge it for myself.

So the doc went in my wrist and found even more damage than what showed up on the MRI. Lots of pain despite that the Nerve block hasn't fully worn off yet, so I'm one handed until it wears off in the next ~16 hours. (even then, I'm in a forearm cast for 6 weeks.)

In a few weeks I get the follow up and detailed explanation on what was found.

Next few days are going to be interesting. >_<;;

Franzoir-

Seen BvS yet? I never really got into DC stuff, but I expect to end up watching it at some point with friends and want to calibrate expectations accordingly. I'm seeing the same bad feedback stuff you are, and am curious if it's internet haterade or real?

So, long overdue update.

Several weeks of PT later, my left wrist is starting to behave somewhat normally. It's nowhere near 100% yet, but it's getting very close to normal freedom of movement and strong enough I no longer need to wear a wrist brace to protect it when working.

This is good, since my family's doing a massive spring cleaning as part of the preparation for building the new house. Maybe. It's hard to figure out what's happening with that since the financial side of home-building keeps scaring my parents- With good reason, building what is effectively a passive house is expensive in an area where home building is already expensive.

Regardless, the great culling is taking up most of our time and energy. We're kinda floor to ceiling in old computer stuff, from over a decade of taking in old gear as people upgrade. The intent at the time was to clean it and pass it along to people that needed lower cost machines, but in practice what happened was it ended up on a shelf because nobody could actually use it. The cool side to the culling is having more space than I've had in a loooong time. Really enjoying being able to just stretch out and relax without bumping into something.

A few surprise surgery expenses set me back on the side project funds, so... d'oh? I find myself surprisingly okay with that result- between the cleaning, PT, work, and so on, I don't have the time to get started on the original side project, and I certainly wouldn't have the physical strength to lift the things I'd need to carry.

So... yay, here's hoping recovery continues to go well. Once the Left arm is considered "Recovered" we'll look at the right arm. If the right heals half as well as the left has so far, I will be insanely happy.

pokemon....go....

@norren. I hope you get better soon. It sounds awful to not be able to use your arms properly.
pokemon go? are you walking/cycling around as well as all the other people who are playing it? I came across a group who kept jumping out of the train and running to the end of the platform as a pokemon was there.
Myself i am now just relaxing before going to a soccer match.

^
I catch pokemon as they came to me only.... till i started putting my phone in "new york"... after lvl 22

Now...

I got my self a new phone note 7...

Life continues to go crazy. Left arm's finally healed enough that the doc was ready to entertain the right arm problems, MRIs revealed the exact same kind of tear on it. (just this one's 12~13 years old.) Doc saw that and went "So, yeah, surgery, ready?" to which I nodded emphatically and said "twelve years ready".

Not sure what to say here other than "Hurray~!" Two more weeks until surgery for the right arm, then maybe finally I can see a return to full strength before the end of winter.

Some other stuff happening. Lost my minivan to traffic on the interstate back at the start of August, so... carless and pretty angry at the police officer that caused the wreck. (That's gonna be a fun ticket to fight.)

Family delayed the house building project a year, but finally caved and agreed to give me free reign to work games without fixing computers. I'll start game dev on the other side of my surgery, until then I'm trying to get all the backlog items filtered down so that I don't have to fix computers without my dominant hand.

I so look forward to being able to draw again without restraint.

Poking around this site.... =( it slow both in visitor and webpage now... and I no longer have that phone i mention

QUOTE (Kansatsusha-sama @ Oct 13 2016, 07:30 PM) Poking around this site.... =( it slow both in visitor and webpage now... and I no longer have that phone i mention
Currently working on some behind the scenes stuff for ftv (in addition to the little fixes I already posted about), and thinking up some future ideas. Right now its just lots of crazy ideas, but no clue if any of them could work or not yet. Also currently trying to get a new job, if that works out I will have to move house, which I don't really want to do but money is needed so meh
dry.gif

Norren, glad to hear progress with your arms, I can't imagine what that must be like.

and -pokes Kansa back
laugh.gif
-

poke maiku again >=D

I'm still looking into getting an extra job... atm most job im interested unless I have connection in there already I need certain certification so I need to work on those first =/

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back