Who wants a FAQ?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Do you want an FAQ for the site?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• desu~~~~

• What's an FAQ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired
Who wants one for the site and/or forums in general? (note that this will be separate from the rules and "how to download" faqs and may provide some clarification for things like MFI, the youtube service, and removal of series)

There are some common questions going around, so I thought it may be time to come up with one.

Note: chiisai_hana has suggested this before never got the go for it, so let's try and see if it works this time and hopefully we get some more opinions.

*if any other mod feels this should only be a sempai/mod discussion, please move it as so*

discuss and vote desu~

I still think we should have one closed section of the forum entitled "Rules & FAQs". This way, people will know exactly where to look and we can break it down into smaller issues ( "image hosting", "where to get download faqs" "youtube feature", "series removal policy", etc). This also leads us back into simplifying the General Rules thread, which is too long imo. We need to be able to direct people to the exact problem/answer as opposed to a list they need to search through.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Sep 06 2008, 12:02 PM) I still think we should have one closed section of the forum entitled "Rules & FAQs". This way, people will know exactly where to look and we can break it down into smaller issues ( "image hosting", "where to get download faqs" "youtube feature", "series removal policy", etc). This also leads us back into simplifying the General Rules thread, which is too long imo. We need to be able to direct people to the exact problem/answer as opposed to a list they need to search through.
I think it's about time many of the section rules get a small revision and yes a much more concise set of General rules would be better..............

I think it should just be general forum rules (posting rules and signature and avatar rules, etc...) and don't have sections for anime, manga, etc....since those are all covered in each individual section (some of which are left out in the general rules itself)

I think the poll needs to be changed...
If you want a serious poll, why the heck would you put a joke choice as an answer? "desu" is not an answer, and doesn't help solve the issue. Remove the choice, and let people choose yes or no and thats it. -,-

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Sep 06 2008, 02:56 PM) I think the poll needs to be changed...
If you want a serious poll, why the heck would you put a joke choice as an answer? "desu" is not an answer, and doesn't help solve the issue. Remove the choice, and let people choose yes or no and thats it. -,-
desu = no opinion
tongue.gif
since you're not taking this seriously by voting "desu" That's my logic behind it
smile.gif

If you change the poll, I'll change your face desu.

Having would be good, but having a section dedicated to these is even better.

QUOTE (noob @ Sep 07 2008, 08:04 PM) If you change the poll, I'll change your face desu.

Having would be good, but having a section dedicated to these is even better.
i never wanted to change the poll...............
tongue.gif

when you mean by sections....do you mean something like putting a new section in the Troubleshoot and Support area where we just have FAQ threads for each other section of the forums?

I think what is meant is to have a whole section (apart from the troubleshooting, anime, manga, etc.) which only contains rules and an FAQ. This would make it easier to find for those just joining and those who need a little brushing up.

Thus the navigation would be Fansub TV Forum -> Rules & FAQ or something of that sort.

I 100% support the idea of a section of the forum being reserved for rules and answers to common questions. It should make the mods lives easier and help alleviate some of the workload that comes as a result of increasing membership.

*sigh* I can never understnad some of you guys at times, but it's probabbly better not to say any more then that.

Never the less I have no opinion about it ~desu. The reason for that is because don't we have something simillar to a FAQ ~desu?

Aw gezz now I'm going back to the whole "desu" thing again ~desu.

I can only see benefits in writing an FAQ. By writing an FAQ on MFI/licensed anime etc we can reduce the amount of questions relating to these issues. A whole section dedicated to rules/FAQs would be even better. That way new users could find everything in one place (no need to check the anime/game/manga sections for rules). It also allows us to break up the general rules which are too long (in my opinion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back