Winter 2013 Line-Up

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

samthebear

-sama
Sempai
New winter anime soon! I'm totally stoked for a few second season titles, especially for Chihayafuru! Last season was such a cliff-hanger! Anyway here's the anime chart for winter:
PRG8i.jpg
(excuse the poor quality)

As for originals, I'm going to watch sasami-san @ Ganbaranai, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? and Manga girl! Maybe Senren Kagura if I get bored.
For second season titles I'm going to go for Chihayafuru and Boku wa tomodachi ga.
OH. I'm also definitely going to be watching the OVA for Hyouka (I'm really hoping for a second season here!)

Current season is kinda blah, only following a few shows (Kami sama Hajimemashita, tonari no kaibutsu-kun, girls und panzer and Chuunibyou only because it's just grown on me. I'm also watching random episodes of other series too only because the boyfriend likes them
wink.gif
)
What're you all looking forward to?

Also, Hello forums after months of inactivity!
laugh.gif

Well aside from pinning this topic since it's needed I can only see that I may pick up a few seres, but not as much this season, and of course going for a second season for one since I like the series so far.
tongue.gif

Also, it looks like most of the series comming out is in January so far, but I'm sure an updated chart will be added sometime soon though. :3

Oh and I almost for got, welcome back sammy.
tongue.gif

Aw! thanks for the welcome back! I almost thought no one would remember me haha!
If I don't get the updated chart up I'm sure someone will pretty quickly
happy.gif
Which second season series will you be following?

thnx for the update Sam I remember you (but do you remember me? ^^) and about the 2nd season I think Wolfie means Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai next, well those new winter series & OVAs dont look that interesting compared to the previous but as usually I'll check them all if they're worth to watch each week...

- my must see: 1. Chihayafuru S2
2. Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman (seems like a feudal era Lupin the 3rd) o_O
- hopefully better than previous seasons: 3. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next
4. The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke (Zettai Karen Children's spin-off)
- could be good telling by their studios: 5. Sasami-san@Ganbaranai (Shaft)
6. Amnesia (Brain's Base)
- not expecting much: 7. Puchimas! (gotta check it out because is IM@S after all)

- OVAs & movies from high to low expectation: 1. Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning
2. Berserk Movie 2 (expecting more new scenes not seen in tv series than movie 1)
3. Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Movie 4 (already enjoyed the other 3)
4. Kiss x Sis OVA 8
5. Blood-C The Last Dark (as bad as it may turn it's been... year and half to wait?)
6. Ebiten (kind of a guilty pleasure just to finish the ONA series)
& 7... I wonder if Sankarea or TOxA OVA will be released this fall or until winter
sleep.gif

I'm excited for the return of Bokuwa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and leery about the return of Minami-Ke... Of the new stuff, Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman looks interesting, but it also looks like one of those shows that never gets completely subbed.

QUOTE (samthebear @ Nov 22 2012, 09:32 AM) Aw! thanks for the welcome back! I almost thought no one would remember me haha!
If I don't get the updated chart up I'm sure someone will pretty quickly
happy.gif
Which second season series will you be following?
I'm sure most of us that have been around longer remember you Sam =) Nice to see you and that cute Chi avatar in a post again!

As for this upcoming Winter season, not a lot jumps out at me other than sequels like Chihayafuru 2, Boku wa tomodachi ga Sukunai 2 and Minami-ke 2 (maybe, tho I haven't seen all the previous seasons).
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Nov 22 2012, 12:10 PM) Of the new stuff, Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman looks interesting, but it also looks like one of those shows that never gets completely subbed.I will check this out too because it's got Lupin's creator doing the chara designs and Kazuya Nakai voicing the protagonist. You're right that these shows don't usually get picked up by subbers, but who knows maybe crunchyroll will pick it up or funi.

Lets see... there's also Sasami-san@Ganbaranai which I will check out because it's by SHAFT and the main character's design reminds me of her.
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha might be fun because it's got the Lelouch x Kallen, Lawrence x Holo seiyuu duo together again: Jun Fukuyama and Ami Koshimizu
smile.gif

And last but not least I'll probably check out Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru because there has been some buzz surrounding it. I think it's a popular series in Japan since there's a few different manga adaptations alongside the light novel.

Well the only one that I know that I'll be seeing the second season of is Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 2 of course since I like my smexy Sena-san.
tongue.gif

Aside from that there's not much to work with though, but maybe one or two seasons here and there.

Yeah, looks pretty weak so far. Certainly some interesting stuff on the movie side, but we won't see those till a few centuries later, so...

Show-wise, I'll give a shot to the Battle Royale ripoff and the SHAFT show. Everything else?... Meh.

smile.gif
Welcome back Sam

Hmm, i think i'll watch Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 2, Hyouka ova and Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru for sure. The rest probably the first episodes to see if it is worth it. Some look promising in terms of story like Yama no Susume.

QUOTE (julezia @ Nov 23 2012, 03:31 AM) Lets see... there's also Sasami-san@Ganbaranai which I will check out because it's by SHAFT and the main character's design reminds me of her.
The synposis of Sasami-san@Ganbaranai is actually a little bit confusing but I think it's interesting enough of a concept that I'd want to watch more than one episode of to figure out what's really happening with the show.

And hi to all the old members again!
biggrin.gif

Ooh, I missed this thread for a little while.

Stuff that catches my eye:

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga shuraba sugiru - Not sure if I'm going to like this one or not, but the first chapter or two of the books is on BT and the cast seems interesting.

Haganai Next - I still need to finish watching the first season, but this one is so troperific and the bland name parody gags are priceless.

Maoyuu! - Really looking forward to this one. The story- a parody of every DraQue style RPG ever that mutates into a Spice and Wolf-like economy story- sounds really interesting and the 4koma parodies for this are a riot.

The rest I'll probably glance at a few episodes and see what I think. The current season is kind of burning me out in some ways, so many things I like but just can't seem to bring myself to watch/finish.

Amnesia... I know I say this a lot, but again with the esoteric input, I really wonder how much of this the creator's themselves understand? It's pretty weird coming across this stuff this way.
cool.gif

Besides for the short description above, this from Wikipedia: QUOTE In Japan, Amnesia is classified as an otome game and like most otome games, the player takes role of the main female character who can choose from a variety of male characters as her 'love interest'. However, in Amnesia, the male characters that the female player character can interact with are based on the symbolic suit symbols from a playing card deck with the following storylines (commonly known as 'routes') in the game: Heart, Spade, Diamond, and Club. Depending on which route you pick, your relationship with each character is different.

... the heroine of the story who had lost her memories. Within the game, Orion the spirit, follows and supports her throughout each story to reclaim her memories back.
=============
=============
wink.gif

So, to start we have the symbolism of the Orion myth with all the ancient symbolism embedded in the Tarot major arcana symbolizing all the main archetypal patterns, very interesting if you remember the Orion myth in which he became blinded and needed to find his way back to the light of the sun to cure his sight and regain his position -- which reminds me here of Amnesia in which humanity, esoterically speaking, needs regain what was lost long ago back in Eden -- before the 'apple' choice, the snake/beast and all that represents in lost DNA, and going from Earth as Eden to Earth as Paradise Lost... ie, controlled by the 'dark side', Beast, or 4dSTS.

I really wonder if all of these creators in the arts are esoterically inclined or just getting it subconsciously.. ie, psychically projected?
ph34r.gif
It's interesting either way.

Will try Maoyuu and Senyuu. Will probably drop both in time. Everything else does not interest me.

Ughhhhhhhhh....seriously? Does NOTHING good ever air this season? Went through the PVs of most of the shows on the schedule and could barely sit through the full length of two or three of them.

A bunch of boring slice-of-life stuff. A bunch of boring harem comedies. A bunch of cheap fanservice comedies. Is that all this season will offer?...I am disappoint.

Will probably see Mayou Maou Yuusha, but otherwise - a big big big MEH

The only series I'm looking forward to this season is Chihayafuru Season 2, I'll probably also watch most of the other series airing this season after a couple of episodes for each of them have been released like 6 to 8 episodes but Chihayafuru S2 is probably the only series this fall that I'll be watching week by week. Hopefully, Chihayafuru S2 will be 2-cour and have like 24 or so episodes, there's enough material for it after-all.
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back