Witchcraft Works

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Silendris

Kouhai
I'd like to nominate this show for Best Outro This Year! ^___^
I can't stop replaying it! It's sooo catchy! (;^ω^)

Well since you started a thread for this might as well give it the info it deserves then.
tongue.gif

Takamiya Honoka is a regular student whose only problem seems to be that he sits next to Kagari Ayaka, the school's #1 beauty. They have never spoken to each other before and any small interaction between them immediately results in her fanclub beating him. Yet when a falling part of the school's building is about to send him to the afterlife, it's Kagari that comes to his rescue. Only... she's dressed as a witch, carrying him in her arms and floating on a broom?! Kagari tells him it is her mission to protect him and that now she can finally protect him openly rather than undercover.

Wolfie's Sense: Well I am watchign this but I feel like I'm being left in the dark along with Takamiya here at times. Granted the latest episodes are slowly making some sense, if at all.

In any case it might end up being a guilty pleasure series or just a time killer series.

Attachments

• 55693l.jpg
    55693l.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 156
What a coincidence. I just started watching today. So many pretty witches! Most of them are useless dupes, but still very pretty.

I really like Tanpopo, the cat-eared, bunny shikigamai wielding tower witch, and it's great that she's gotten a lot of focus, but I hope some of the other witches in her crew, and the llama crew too, get more focus on them.

The ED is indeed very funny, as are the post failed battle "review meetings."

Attachments

• Witch_Craft_Works___04.jpg
    Witch_Craft_Works___04.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 154
Haha! Their "debriefings" are too cute! (*^▽^*)
Though it feels as this show is starting to kick in on the main story since the introductory episodes seem pretty much done. Which I'm not too sure about if I'll like or not. I enjoy just watching their everyday life, with the random witch-attacks every now and then, and just see all these colorful personalities clashing with eachother on a not too serious basis.
I'd like it to stay that way, and not turn into something more serious.

And I still can't stop replaying the outro!! (≧▽≦)

Been crazy busy at work haven't had much time to catch up with the latest shows. Saw the sub-title "魔法幼女" I was expecting shows like Card Captor Sakura, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha or Prisma Illya, but looking up the show the herine doesn't look like a loli (or remotely close to one).

Where are the magical lolis?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Okay with the latest episode here it's safe to assume that it's just going to be some random magical antics via random fights and whatnot. Although I have to say I'm kind of surprised as to how things ended up here.

Pretty much it seems that Medusa is just here to troll around after she broke out of her special cell it seems. In any case I get this feeling that Takamiya-kun is going to end up having a witch harem if you will when it comes down to how things will end up here.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Feb 03 2014, 12:39 AM) Been crazy busy at work haven't had much time to catch up with the latest shows. Saw the sub-title "魔法幼女" I was expecting shows like Card Captor Sakura, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha or Prisma Illya, but looking up the show the herine doesn't look like a loli (or remotely close to one).

Where are the magical lolis?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I guess 「魔法乙女」 or even 「魔法女」 would be more appropriate. But it just didn't sound as good. =P

Okay why do I feel so lost watching this series, but having fun while doing so?
laugh.gif

In any case it seems that the seals on Takamiya-kun seems like a big deal. Most likely becuase he's housing the White Princess which, by my guess, the most broken power known to witches. As for Medusa, it seems like she's just enjoying herself along with her subordinates at his house it seems. From the looks of it they might end up toying with him to the point of where you could mistake him for having a harem. Although knoing how things are going t turn out he might end up learning how to fight just like he wanted to from the getgo.
tongue.gif

I watched all of this yesterday and I don't recall any lolis apart from a character, who really isn't a loli that reminds me of Rachel from BlazBlue and thank god that there weren't anymore lolis.

I ended up giving the series a 8/10 on MAL but I know it's sort of undeserving of that score but I'm going to stick with it. Overall, the show was silly and definitely a guilty pleasure. I think I might have read a chapter or 2 of the manga in the past but I'll be checking it out to see how the story progresses.

I got down to the last 3 episodes of this before I got distracted by the Steins:Gate VN. I probably will finish it, but frankly I'm not exactly dying to see how it ends. Pretty much forgettable. In both appearance and personality, Kagari reminded me a lot of Sakaki from Azumanga Diaoh, but maybe it's just me.

~souchan~

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back