your favourite quote?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I'm actually considering having this following as my own personal catch phrase:
" I am right 99% of the time, however this may be that 1% when I am wrong."
biggrin.gif

Classic cricket commentary:

"The bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey."

Brian Johnson said that when describing the West Indian bowler, Michael Holding bowling to the Englishman, Peter Willey. This occurred in the 1976 Oval Test match between England and the West Indies.

The quote that was said in the mommy has been one of my fave

"Patience Is A Virtue" the one I like right now(have no idea if it was said by someone in a different way or the same). I said it to a member on another forum to encourage them to improve.

"No one is born to be great at something, it takes time and practice to be good at anything..."

For now I said it, and I liked it a lot... JAANE~
tongue.gif

Two interesting passages I found that are loosely related to the realm of seduction... But also power...
QUOTE (Contempt) The more interest you show, the more you repel the object of your desire. This is because you interest is too strong-it makes people awkward, even fearful. Uncontrollable desire makes you seem weak, unworthy, pathetic.

You need to turn back on what you want, show contempt and disdain... Contempt is the prerogative of the king. Where his eyes turn, what he decides to see, is what has reality; what he ignores and turns his back on is as good as dead. That was the weapon of King Louis XIV-if he did not like he, he acted as if you were not there, maintaining his superiority by cutting of the dynamic of interaction.

QUOTE (Both sides of the fence)If you play too many parties against one another, they will see through the manoeuvre and will gang up on you. If you keep your growing number suitors waiting too long, you will not inspire desire but distrust. People will start to lose interest. Eventually you may find it worthwhile to commit to one side-if only for appearances' sake, to prove you are capable of attachment.
Both quotes are from Robert Greene!

"death of one man is a tragedy, death of a million is a statistic",

usually attributed to Stalin.

• Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley
  • It is the nature of the human specifies to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting. - H. L. Mencken
I cannot find the original sources to these last two quotes but they are powerful nonetheless:
  • One can try to put the information in front of people, but it doesn't make them see.
  • When the threat exceeds imagination we conclude the threat simply cannot be true.

Honey, i especially subscribe to the quote number 3: One can try to put the information in front of people, but it doesn't make them see.

Actually, thats the problem with wisdom tidbits such as quotes like these represents. We read them and even agree with them to a certain degree or see the rational logic in it, but we dont really understand the depth of the idea until we reach the same conclusion based on our personal experience in life.

And even though I am not religious, my favourite quote comes from a prayer. When I was a teenager and young adult, I used to suffer from strong depressions and this quote helped me to put things into perspective:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back