Your Worst Subject In School

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
worst subject for me? ... Biology. At least for now. Last semester I got a D flat out in that class... damn DNA enzyme control and transformation....

Other than that, Math hands down. Like I said earlier last year: "Why bother learning math when all you're going to do in life is taxes?"

Lets see the subjects i suck at most are as follows

Math,Physics,Biology,Bible,Chemistry,English
Art,Computer,and maybe a bit in Music

If u just look at that list its nearly all my subjects lol..am i that stupid?

QUOTE (Nahrallah @ Mar 20 2007, 10:39 AM) Barbobot: If I think about it, then I would have to admit that the term "math" looks and sounds odd to me. If one has grown up using a particular term to refer to something, then other terms tend to appear to be out of place. I think that perhaps I subconsciously try to add an s any time I see the word "math".

At any rate ... math, maths, Mathematics ... all of them gave me a hard time!
tongue.gif

Actually, I can comprehend the beauty of numbers and the ways in which they shape our world. Indeed, I respect people who choose this area as their field of study. Unfortunately, this was not an subject in which I excelled.
ahhh maths... that is currently one of my best subject and my worst would be english
sleep.gif
in the order of being 1(worse) and 8 (best)

1. English
2. Religion
3. PDHPE
4. history
5. geography (history and geography actually go hand in hand for me >.< but if i were to rank them this is the order they'll appear in)
6. Food Tech
7. Maths
8. IT

as you can see, i'm not a very good person with words and arts and everything that goes into the artsie section of the brain
wink.gif
but mostly the subjects i hate are the ones i don't do well in...
I notice that alot of people don't like maths... =/

worst? hmmm.
I guess Social Studies. We don't have Social Studies in our senior year though. I'm just too lazy memorizing all those dates and names.

Math? well, I think it's the worst subject but all in all I get good marks there. It's the only subject that gives us homework every day! It's quite repetative and I doubt I'll be using much of what I've learned in the future..

sad thing is, I'm pretty much good at academics (scored a top 5 percentile in one of the top universities in our country) but I pretty much wasted my high school (not passing that same university 'cuz my high school grades were pretty much average...I mean straight Cs..I do have a second try though since I applied for an art course..I just have to pass the skill test).

why do you guys hate maths so much.i love maths,playing with numbers are really fun, at least better than memorizing facts and figures and whatnot...that's what you call frustrating....history is.in my secondary school, i failed in history almost all the time...surprisingly i got an A in my final exam,i wonder how that happened...maybe my paper was switched with other student?
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (nashaa @ Mar 20 2007, 08:55 AM) why do you guys hate maths so much.i love maths,playing with numbers are really fun, at least better than memorizing facts and figures and whatnot
Different brains my friend! I can't even do simple multiplication and division (I was in charge of dividing up the Christmas cookies this past year and somehow I calculated that we all got nine
tongue.gif
)

since im in my 3rd year in college i dont have any minor subjects..but i do remember the subjects i hated and sucked at in high school was Filipino..
its like an equivalent in english taught here in the Philippines and especially Philippine literature!i definitely sucked at that..
blink.gif

and our Computer subject was just plain boring damn what did i learn!?

QUOTE (eyoy @ Mar 20 2007, 07:55 AM) since im in my 3rd year in college i dont have any minor subjects..but i do remember the subjects i hated and sucked at in high school was Filipino..
its like an equivalent in english taught here in the Philippines and especially Philippine literature!i definitely sucked at that..
blink.gif

I never really learned much in Filipino too. Ironically, I find it harder to read Filipino literature compared to English literature. At least our 2nd year teacher never really made us read Florante at Laura. He just cracked jokes and told stories about life. But I loved Filipino! I mean, making a picture book, writing radio plays, directing stage plays, making props, and making a poetry cd! Those were just some of the most awesome projects our school made us do!
I love our culture even more because of filipino class.

QUOTE (suna_bunshin @ Mar 20 2007, 09:15 AM) I never really learned much in Filipino too. Ironically, I find it harder to read Filipino literature compared to English literature. At least our 2nd year teacher never really made us read Florante at Laura.
as a Filipino im ashamed to say i dont know anything about Florante and Laura and other famous literary arts..
sad.gif

but dont get me wrong i love and am proud of my culture even if i never take fil lit class i am a proud Filipino!lol
tongue.gif

QUOTE (nashaa @ Mar 20 2007, 12:55 PM) why do you guys hate maths so much.i love maths,playing with numbers are really fun, at least better than memorizing facts and figures and whatnot
I liked maths up to GCSE level since it was pretty easy, but at A-level it split into lots of different subject areas some of which continued to be easy but others just left me scratching my head, so I grew to dislike it. I think maths is often badly taught, some stuff that was totally opaque and horrible at school (e.g. calculus) became ok at university when I met people who'd gone to other schools who explained it to me in a different way.

I found Chemistry the most interesting subject at school, especially organic and physical chermistry, with stuff about electron orbitals and chemical bonding, but Physics was easier since there were far fewer facts and figures to learn, and if I couldn't remember something I could usually just work it out from first principles, a strategy that didn't work in Chemistry. Inorganic chemistry was the worst for this, it was so stuffed full of facts you had to learn that I had no hope of a good grade since I'm no good at memorising reams of stuff. So in the end I got a much higher grade for Physics despite finding it rather boring (one thing that bugged me was that most of the interesting areas of Physics were off-syllabus, so I ended up reading lots of stuff that was no use in the exams, simply because it made the subject more interesting)

QUOTE (eyoy @ Mar 20 2007, 07:55 AM)since im in my 3rd year in college i dont have any minor subjects..but i do remember the subjects i hated and sucked at in high school was Filipino..

Word..filipino subject blows...i hate it also when u have math class or other subjects when the teacher constantly speak in filipino in their class..u get lost right away...

and computer class is such a waste of time we learn how to use dos and all the crap we will never need....

My worst subject in school was Spanish. I took 4 semesters, had to work my ass off to get good grades (a lot harder than any other class), and still can't speak it worth a darn.

Japanese on the other hand, I did really well with that. I could speak more Japanese after just 2 semesters than I could with Spanish after 4. Go figure.
tongue.gif

Lol
biggrin.gif
glad there other filipino's here lol and yah the filipino subj. its quite somewat boring and you know what I almost slept at the test just last week and thank God at least I was able to answer it properly at least

ow yeah we have jap class in my school when we were elem(in high school its optional) sigh.. it was my only subj that I scored always at 100 in my final grading
tongue.gif
(another thing in this class is sometimes the jap. teachers(sister's actually) either give out candy,Pokemon trading cards lol :huh ,and mangas (yes mangas)

I never had a subject i hated but on the other hand i never liked any of the subjects either.Let me think uummm......... yeah ok it's got to be oh wait don't get offended by what u gonna read here cause i actually liked the subject for a couple years or so before every teacher keep saying the things over and over until a few other ppl and the priest said it to.Yep a priest u geust it bible studies here it is i'm muslim and i went to catholic primary schools 2 the one closed down and i was sent to another we did not have normal school in our area so yeah thats why i'm so srewed up.I don't believe in religion but i do believe in god and yes ppl i am saying it there is only one we just use different names for him and this is for some of u who did not do bible studies Jesus is not god his his son and for muslims Jesus is one of Gods prophets anyway do not wanna get in this so i'll end it here don't be mad it's just i learned these thing's after school i went to moslim school so i had defferent shit going on oh and also a year at and Anglican school.So this was my worst subject bible studies ofcorst i liked it,never said i did'nt just got confusing after awhile.

My worst subject was probably gym(at the time i was benching 300 lbs but struggling for a ten minute mile) , But I know for a fact that the worst job that i've had is working in fast food as a closer.

ART...i mean how does an art teacher have the common sense or ability to give a A or B or C or D? I had one teacher who rated our drawing with %. He would look at our work and say "it looks like a 70" can you think you can make it a 80? I mean how does one judge our work, maybe the way we did it was intentionally, cause thats the way he want it to look like, but making it look like how the teacher wants it isn't even our ideas.

I don't dislike ART but i just find the whole marking system just too overated...P.S. I'm a freelancing Mural Painter my profession.

Math is my worst subject probably because I do't hink that i ever going to use it except for geometry which is useful for carpentry an otherconstruction work. When am I ever going to use x+y=300,048 what do x and y equal in life.

Straight up, I suck ass when it comes to Calc. Give me some literature to analyze or something.... I can't handle this calculus shit. sin cos and tan can lick my balls.

IMO,I think it's biology.Beats me why,but I've always scored lowest in Bio,though my teacher have explained well.Maybe because I didn't fancy reading text book like I read manga?
huh.gif

Still,I've got A for Bio in a decisive exam,and got B for my Al-Kimiya instead...
dry.gif
And I love Chemistry out of the 3 the most....I really don't understand my own head...
dry.gif

AND,arts.....I love arts,but not if I'm the one to do the work...

QUOTE (suna_bunshin @ Mar 20 2007, 08:15 AM) I never really learned much in Filipino too. Ironically, I find it harder to read Filipino literature compared to English literature. At least our 2nd year teacher never really made us read Florante at Laura. He just cracked jokes and told stories about life. But I loved Filipino! I mean, making a picture book, writing radio plays, directing stage plays, making props, and making a poetry cd! Those were just some of the most awesome projects our school made us do!
I love our culture even more because of filipino class.
I sucked in Filipino too! I remember my Filipino teacher that teached us Florante at Laura, it was the most boring times of my life. For our finals she even had us memorize more than 20 stanzas from the book. I seriously blew it up, never even bothered studying it, what for? I do love our culture! Very much. Even when I came here (I reside in California) I express my Filipino-ness lol

Another than Filipino literature (which I don't take anymore) I hate MATH! Never liked it at all. Even during my elementary days. I always space out during my math classes. Most especially Geometry. Urgh! Such pain.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back